Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by cire992 View Post
    Some Zelda fans, I swear. No offense to anyone, of course.
    And thus we have stumbled upon perhaps my greatest issue I've had with Zelda: Completely Zealous Zelda Fans. Any minor slight difference of opinion I have from another fan almost always results in them becoming ridiculously defensive, without even considering that it's just my opinion and perspective. It's actually happened a few times on this thread in the past.

@Eleos
    I've actually considered making them human, though in the storyline of this mod they've been phasing between Hyrule and Termina which would imply they've been skeletal. Hopefully I'll be able to explain the Garos.

I just install this game and i was wondering if the custom games is bugged. Because when i click custom battle it exits the game. I would love to play custom game

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Twiztedcool View Post
    I just install this game and i was wondering if the custom games is bugged. Because when i click custom battle it exits the game. I would love to play custom game
    Just to make sure everything is set up properly:

1) Do you have either Medieval 2: Kingdoms or Medieval 2: Gold Edition Installed ?
    2) If so are you using the Steam version of Medieval 2 or the retail version?

Lord Wiffleby's Avatar Decanus

The "Protester" surprised me. I don't entirely agree with the mod's story, and I don't entirely agree with Nephalim's ideas on the series. However, I can put all of that aside because just about everything else about this mod is awesome.

Anyway, Nephalim, is your new avatar Saria of the Borg?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wiffleby View Post
    "I am Saria of Borg. Your cuteness and adorableness will adapt to service us. Lower your Fairies and prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleos View Post
    I have some misgivings for the Garo being used as a naturally loyal Ikanian soldier. The Garo were the saboteurs sent to bring down the "evil" Ikanian kingdom. They are actually enemies.
    That's correct, and another reason I'd rather have them appear as mercs than a faction's unit.

Actually, Neph, considering the Ikana faction... why not make them another "human" kingdom from *before* they were brought down by the Garo? It would be super cool to have another kingdom of humans fighting alongside the Gerudo, Hylians and Labrynans.
    Who's to say they were humans?

Some people might say I'm obsessed, but I think they were dogs, like the Darknuts and Moblins.

The "Protester" surprised me. I don't entirely agree with the mod's story, and I don't entirely agree with Nephalim's ideas on the series. However, I can put all of that aside because just about everything else about this mod is awesome.
    Yeah, besides you can always make you own campaign when the mod's finished. I know I'm looking forward to that.

When I first saw it, I thought Neph had received the dreaded C&D and this was his form of protest
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; October 14, 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Haha, Undying, you've earned a news on the most popular French videogames website too, jeuxvidéo.com

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2011/0...elon-zelda.htm

The video initiated a long argument about the "spirit of zelda" too

First of all, awesome mod! The units are great and detailed and its a nice merging of several zelda games. After seeing this on The Escapist I was blown away. Cant wait for this to be released!
    But I have a few questions:
    1. Why are there so few units in custom battle? The units not included in custom battles seem to work fine if you choose quick battle.
    2. I love the Bulblins from Twilight Princess, and was really happy to see them included in this mod. But there seem to be to models for them, one that is identical to the ones in TP, and one other. As a purist of sorts, is there any way to make it so just the one TP-model is in the game?

Keep up the good work +REP

Quote Originally Posted by Formann View Post
    First of all, awesome mod! The units are great and detailed and its a nice merging of several zelda games. After seeing this on The Escapist I was blown away. Cant wait for this to be released!
    But I have a few questions:
    1. Why are there so few units in custom battle? The units not included in custom battles seem to work fine if you choose quick battle.
    2. I love the Bulblins from Twilight Princess, and was really happy to see them included in this mod. But there seem to be to models for them, one that is identical to the ones in TP, and one other. As a purist of sorts, is there any way to make it so just the one TP-model is in the game?

Keep up the good work +REP
    are you changing the era from early to late in custom battles

Quote Originally Posted by Shugo560 View Post
    are you changing the era from early to late in custom battles
    Thanks! I've been playing to many mods where the eras dont affect units

Eleos's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    And thus we have stumbled upon perhaps my greatest issue I've had with Zelda: Completely Zealous Zelda Fans. Any minor slight difference of opinion I have from another fan almost always results in them becoming ridiculously defensive, without even considering that it's just my opinion and perspective. It's actually happened a few times on this thread in the past.
    I in no way am one of THOSE Zelda fans who rants and raves and sets himself on fire when someone believes something different than I do. I do, however (privately) cringe inside when Zelda lore (that I've invented in my brain, as we all do) is chopped up. Such as the pronunciation of Hylian: I say it HI-LIAN instead of HILL-IAN. I also say Deku: DEE-KU as opposed to the common DECK-U. DAY-KU doesn't bother me as much...

Ultimately though I think this behavior in Zelda fans is actually a testament to the psychological and emotional impact the games have upon the player. It is also testament to its incredibly unique way of story telling. Zelda games don't spell hardly ANYTHING out for the player. It is up to you to discover the world you've entered and often it is up to you to invent things to fill gaps. It is not far from reason that there are as many theories about these gaps as there are Zelda players. Some may be more correct than others, but it is ultimately imagined. I hope myself and others can put such silly bickering behind us and have rational dialogues. We may disagree about minor points, but your work, Neph, and the Zelda universe in general is still incredible! Don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post

Who's to say they were humans?

Some people might say I'm obsessed, but I think they were dogs, like the Darknuts and Moblins.

I am interested why you believe this. Do you have evidence to indicate that the Ikanians were canine like the darknuts or is that just your thinking? I suppose I could see this from the shapes of the Ikanian skull bosses, but remember the gibdo and re-deads of the region (which I assume to be dead Ikanians) were very much human. Also, I find no evidence in artwork to indicate they are dog-like. The statues and structures show more human designs and elements. Lastly, the mirror shield found in Ikana castle depicts a human like screaming face. Not to be pedantic, but the moblins are quite clearly a porcine race, not canine.

DarkReborn's Avatar Libertus

Apparently, HTW is exploding through the world gaming news like gunpowder. There's also an article in both a spanish internet magazine and a paper one. Good work, Neph.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not yet...
    Yes of course it's a just reward for Undying's work, but... Damnit, typing Hyrule Total War in Google Search engine doesn't lead to this thread anymore !

Eleos's Avatar Civis

Sorry for the noobtastic question... but I'm having an issue with installation.

I have Kingdoms installed via steam. I've directed the installer to place the Hyrule: Total War install files in the

c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/medieval ii total war/mods/hyrule

The issue is in the MTW launcher. No option to play Hyrule: Total War appears even when accessing through the H:TW icon or application. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Just to make sure everything is set up properly:

1) Do you have either Medieval 2: Kingdoms or Medieval 2: Gold Edition Installed ?
    2) If so are you using the Steam version of Medieval 2 or the retail version?

Yea i have both Medieval 2 and kingdoms. They are both steam versions. Did i install it wrong? I'm using kingdom launcher app in order to launch it.

I have Kingdoms installed via steam. I've directed the installer to place the Hyrule: Total War install files in the

The issue is in the MTW launcher. No option to play Hyrule: Total War appears even when accessing through the H:TW icon or application. Thoughts?
    BUMP I am having the same problem, I also use Steam. I also noticed that when I run the .bat file in the mod directory and select Medieval II the mod starts to load up but I get a message saying "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal." any ideas on how to fix this?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Formann View Post
    I suppose if there's enough demand I could remove one of the two, though the reason for it was to differentiate between the two genders of Bulblin.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbler View Post
    I don't know if it's a good thing or not yet...
    Yes of course it's a just reward for Undying's work, but... Damnit, typing Hyrule Total War in Google Search engine doesn't lead to this thread anymore !
    Well it's been 48 hours since this news exploded everywhere and I've yet to receive a cease and desist order from Nintendo. Either they've just not seen it yet or they are actually going to be super ultra cool about Zelda for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiztedcool View Post
    Yea i have both Medieval 2 and kingdoms. They are both steam versions. Did i install it wrong? I'm using kingdom launcher app in order to launch it.
    Yeah the Steam version of Medieval 2 requires an extra step for mods to work. This should help make the process easier: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461

NOOOOO MY SIGNATURES!!!!!! Curse you photobucket!

Not to be pedantic, but the moblins are quite clearly a porcine race, not canine.
    Wrong-o. There's both kinds of Moblins, pigs

also known as Butablins (literally "Pigblins"), and dogs.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Awesome, awesome dog moblins present both in the original NES games as well as in OoT

and on the DS

In fact, in the Gameboy games, both variants of Moblins are present, dog and pig, but in Link's Awakening only the forest dwelling dog Moblins (Moblin in Japanese is Moriblin, literally forest-blin) are given their proper name,

while the pig ones are labeled butablins.

You've got to wonder now that the Darknuts have been revealed as a breed of dog men themselves... could they be different races of a same species? The two may have lived under one nation in Termina.

I suppose I could see this from the shapes of the Ikanian skull bosses
    That's exactly it yes.

Both of the king's guards have very peculiar skulls. The one on the right looking very much like the skull of a bulldog Moblin, while the other is more lupine.

Much like that of the Stalchildren,

who have teeth very much like the Miniblins

...however these guys have differntly shaped heads and horns, so maybe that's just a coincidence.

However, I don't know what the king could have been (his skull doesn't seem as dog-like as the others) and as you point out...
    but remember the gibdo and re-deads of the region (which I assume to be dead Ikanians) were very much human. ... The statues and structures show more human designs and elements. Lastly, the mirror shield found in Ikana castle depicts a human like screaming face.
    there's those issues.
    Maybe the Ikanian were a kingdom of human and dog people working together?
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; October 14, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

What would be really neat is if the Ikanian kingdom changed from alive to dead mid game if conditions are met. like fighting so many battle with the stalfos would make them curious about undead(like Cherokee tribes getting guns) or conquering the staflos capital would make them undead(like the Denmark Norway thing).

Patrician Artifex

Does anyone know an alternative to photobucket that won't give Bandwidth issues? Ever since news of this exploded everywhere all my photobucket accounts went into overload.