Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

[QUOTE=UndyingNephalim;10453395@Duke Serkol
    I guess I always just sort of pictured Midna as the kind that would use overwhelming brute force rather then finesse. After all she did try to impale a massive spear into Ganondorf's face.
    [/QUOTE]

Given that when she tried that Ganon was in the form of a GIANT FLAMING HEAD, that was kinda the finesse option.
    "You know, for you, I guess that might have been something. Bunch of goblins come out of nowhere trying to give you a welcoming gift of stabby death, Ted crashing a building, me delivering electric death to all of the above.....don't worry, though. You'll get used to it. I mean, look at me; this is just tuesday to me now."

".....But it's monday...."

"Well, yes. Ted crashed the building earlier than he usually does."

-Damien Arn, angry SOB, chatting with the new guy.

From a sprite comic I might never actually publish anywhere.

Er, guys..

There's an article on the Escapist about this mod.

Neph, expect you cease & desist from Nintendo in the post shortly.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandesta View Post
    If anyone has ever played Third Age Total War, I think it would be a fantastic idea to have a side campaign like they have the fellowship campaign where you play as Link. Then you could walk around doing independent missions and gaining and losing troops just like the fellowship. Could have an overarching theme like that of raising a resistance force to defeat ganon, and you have a fantastic side campaign. Of course, should only be worked on once the actual game is done. Speaking of the actual campaign, is anyone currently working on a campaign map?

I would say that such a campaign would be good, but only once a traditional Total War campaign mode is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookah Smoking Caterpiller View Post
    Er, guys..

I wouldn't worry too much. Neph's already done a couple of Zelda fangames that Nintendo gave the O.K. for, so he should be fine. If anything, a free fangame is going to generate more fervor for the series proper.

@ PaulH
    Agreed. It would be nice to have an alternate link as, say, a proper Hyrulean Knight - maybe even the Knight-Commander!
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 13, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Hey all

Any thought of releasing this for Shogun 2?
    It's 2 player campaign is the main reason I would really like to see it ported

Sorry if this has been asked before.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Lizalfos 'We fight becaussse we can'
    Labrynna 'We fight to expand'

Quote Originally Posted by TyDoMaster View Post
    Hey all

Any thought of releasing this for Shogun 2?
    It's 2 player campaign is the main reason I would really like to see it ported

Sorry if this has been asked before.
    Can't be done. S2TW has much stricter limits on modding than M2TW.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    ...hold on, I just realized something.
    How in the world are the Fairies and Kokiri not cordial factions to each other??
    I suppose the same reason everyone is fighting everyone in this game.

@Redmagpie
    The idea of Tingle being mercilessly slaughtered by Princess Zelda pretty much guarantees he'll show up somehow for that reason only.

Er, guys..

Here's hoping the mod remaining free and me going by this internet name will avoid the banhammer. I personally think the message I am trying to pass on in this mod is far more important then financial profit or personal fame.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandesta View Post
    If anyone has ever played Third Age Total War, I think it would be a fantastic idea to have a side campaign like they have the fellowship campaign where you play as Link. Then you could walk around doing independent missions and gaining and losing troops just like the fellowship. Could have an overarching theme like that of raising a resistance force to defeat ganon, and you have a fantastic side campaign. Of course, should only be worked on once the actual game is done. Speaking of the actual campaign, is anyone currently working on a campaign map?
    I would say that such a campaign would be good, but only once a traditional Total War campaign mode is done.
    Seconded (...thirded?)

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I suppose the same reason everyone is fighting everyone in this game.
    But the Kokiri and Gorons are mutually Cordial Factions and yet the Kokiri should have a significantly tighter relationship with the Fairies than the Gorons.
    Being always with a fairy each was, after all, one of their defining traits (so much so that the lack of one made Link something of an outcast).
    I can understand that you wanted to severe that connection so the fairies could be their own faction (though I'd still give each Kokiri their Fairy. After all, if Labrynna can employ Tokay slaves, the Kokiri could have fairies that are not affiliated to the main fairy faction), but failing that, they should at least retain the Cordial relations that made it possible in the first place.

Personally, the best way to explain why Kokiri should have fairies is the fact that history has taught us that there are always "traitors" to a nation. Those who side with the enemy, those who move away and renounce their loyalties, those who emigrate and adopt the customs of another land. For me, the Fairies which accompany the Kokiri have placed their loyalty with the Great Deku Tree, thus renouncing their links to their spiritual homeland.

Fairies that migrated and placed their loyalty with the Deku Tree works for me, but I still see no reason why they couldn't be Cordial Factions as well. I'm sure everyone who's played OoT would expect things to be that way (and be as shocked as I was to find out that the Kokiri's only Cordial Faction is the Gorons).

Er, guys..

Not just that.
    http://kotaku.com/5849380/oh-man-som...total-war-game

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hyrule: Total War' Protester
    1) The Zelda Universe -is- a dark and violent place. It just happens to have plenty of lighter moments to balance this fact out.

2) It definitely does not take into account Zelda canon. The very fact that the plot stems from a time-traveling Link yet Midna seems to know him is one of the biggest red warning lights.

It's no more than fan fiction dribble.

I was impressed at first, but, as others have pointed out, it doesn't have any soul. It's pretty much an excuse to have everyone fight, regardless of whether or not they're from the same time period.
    LOL!!!!

Source: http://kotaku.com/5849380/oh-man-som...total-war-game
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; October 13, 2011 at 07:44 PM.

^ Wonder what, exactly, that guy/girl/kid is protesting? Think about it, calls himself "Hyrule: Total War Protester", is he protesting Neph? Or- or his mod? Is he protesting the storyline for the game? Or that fact that people know about the mod? Some Zelda fans, I swear. No offense to anyone, of course.

Also, I would hate to see this mod get axed because some nosey journalist from EM decided to write about it (though it looks like his source was G4). Escpecially when he literally implies at the end of the article that publishing said article could cause a problem with Nintendo. What an ass. I swear the games' media is completely worthless.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by cire992 View Post
    ^ Wonder what, exactly, that guy/girl/kid is protesting? Think about it, calls himself "Hyrule: Total War Protester", is he protesting Neph? Or- or his mod? Is he protesting the storyline for the game? Or that fact that people know about the mod? Some Zelda fans, I swear. No offense to anyone, of course.

Also, I would hate to see this mod get axed because some nosey journalist from EM decided to write about it (though it looks like his source was G4). Escpecially when he literally implies at the end of the article that publishing said article could cause a problem with Nintendo. What an ass. I swear the games' media is completely worthless.

I apologize for the confusion my friend, but the user's name is not "'Hyrule: Total War' Protester." It was merely just a title I gave said critic.

Ah, I see. I kind of suspected that, I've read about some strange and contrived things that zealous Zelda fans have done, but that was pushing it a bit. :p

It's pretty much an excuse to have everyone fight
    That's weird... he's saying this like it's a bad thing.

Aipe's Avatar Civis

it seems that the signatures have a little problem, i hate it when they do that

Evil photobucket

Icon7 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

great work man!

Eleos's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    @Eleos
    I'm glad someone posted the video on that website. It seems to have gotten a lot of attention.
    As for the Garos they are currently planned as a unit for Ikana.
    I have some misgivings for the Garo being used as a naturally loyal Ikanian soldier. The Garo were the saboteurs sent to bring down the "evil" Ikanian kingdom. They are actually enemies.

Otherwise, I'm glad for their inclusion!

EDIT: Actually, Neph, considering the Ikana faction... why not make them another "human" kingdom from *before* they were brought down by the Garo? It would be super cool to have another kingdom of humans fighting alongside the Gerudo, Hylians and Labrynans. Shouldn't the Stalfos faction be the novelty undead nation? You are probably too far along in the planning phase to effect any change about this though... *sigh* ah well.
    Last edited by Eleos; October 13, 2011 at 10:52 PM.