Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

'We fight because everyone else is mean to us '
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

My excuse for being gone the past few days:

I know I technically already made an intro cinematic, but it was crap to be honest and came off more like a trailer. This time I've redone it with no lag at all, and I hopefully gave it a more cinematic feel.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; October 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post

I know I technically already made an intro cinematic, but it was crap to be honest and came off more like a trailer. This time I've redone it with no lag at all, and I hopefully gave it a more cinematic feel.
    That was epic. So is this what's going to play every time I load Hyrule: Total War up.

BTW Labrynna was awesome. They might be my new favorite, along with Hyrule, Gohma, and Moblins.
    Last edited by ZeR0199X; October 12, 2011 at 12:15 AM.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

Labrynna Shall Conquer , and ambi will do away with Veran and rule the glorious empire!!!!! (IMO)

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ZeR0199X View Post
    So is this what's going to play every time I load Hyrule: Total War up.
    As soon as I figure out how to get it to work. Anyone have any idea how to get the intro videos to work in M2?

As soon as I figure out how to get it to work. Anyone have any idea how to get the intro videos to work in M2?
    Hi Neph,

Maybe this helps!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108337&highlight=intro

Thanks to AliAS for this.

Great work with the intro by the way!
    Question arrives in PM soon.

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Hi Neph,

Maybe this helps!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108337&highlight=intro

Thanks to AliAS for this.

Great work with the intro by the way!
    Question arrives in PM soon.

Yeah I have that converter and I have my files in the fmv folder but they refuse to play when the game starts up. I'll just keep the Q & A for that in your PM

cool! but will there be fairy, twili, wizzrobe, ikana or oocca clips?

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

I agree, this intro cinematic is waaaay cooler. This gonna be great mod!

I'm sure the Third Age team can help! They should be able to help with banner carriers too!

Speaking of banner carriers, what will you do for the Gohma? I think they shouldn't have a banner above their units at all, really - just a big Gohma eye floating above them that flashes white when they are near to routing, and red when they actually rout or begin to fight to the death.

Looking great Neph
    But there's something you might have missed: at 3:26 a Goron swings a punch at a Zora and the sound heard is clearly that of a sword swipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Speaking of banner carriers, what will you do for the Gohma? I think they shouldn't have a banner above their units at all, really - just a big Gohma eye floating above them that flashes white when they are near to routing, and red when they actually rout or begin to fight to the death.
    That's a pretty good idea. Neph and I talked about this before, and it seems the plan is in fact to remove the banner entirely.
    But I've been thinking... maybe they Ghoma's banner should be made out of web, and placed onto a thin tree (not a polished pole) that one of them carries around. Could be neat.

That was a lovely video, and it was especially awesome to see Midna at the end. The only issue I have is that at the beginning, it is too.. quiet. I feel even a very quiet bit of music would make it all the more complete.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

THAT WAS EPIC!!!!!!
    Droma: :Rosa

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

... Just a quick question.... HOW... The can there currently be 100 guests watching this thread at the moment..?
    Nephalim must have one hell of an advertisement set up somewhere.....! Well ,the more the better eh.

Aipe's Avatar Civis

i have some questions

1.-is midna going to have the sword backwards?,because that seems a veary big sword to hold it like that

2.-and is it posible do do some animations so units with 2 swords (like zelda III) use both swords?, because it looks really wierd that they use only 1

Quote Originally Posted by Baerke Hinn Gauzki View Post
    ... Just a quick question.... HOW... The can there currently be 100 guests watching this thread at the moment..?
    Nephalim must have one hell of an advertisement set up somewhere.....! Well ,the more the better eh.
    This was posted on reddit and thats why the recent explosion of people visiting the thread. Here's the reddit thread for those interested:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...tal_war_intro/

THIRD AGE: TOTAL WAR ROCKS!!!!!

Patrician Artifex

@Aipe
    - Midna will wield the sword with both hands when she fights. She just carries it around like that (think Nightmare from Soul Calibur)

- Indeed it is, Princess Zelda just does not fight with both swords because one of her swords is meant for guarding and blocking. Her fighting style is influenced a lot from rapiers.

@Sandesta
    Awesome, it's good to see more positive reception there. Ever since I posted the intro on youtube there's been a lot of negative reaction there. But hey it's youtube, what do you expect?

Speaking of Midna, now that she's been revealed in the game:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Princess Midna:
    A member of the royal family amongst the Twili, Princess Midna has long been overlooked by her people. With Prince Zant recently ascending to the throne, Midna has further been pushed down the chain of command. Unbeknownst to Zant she now plots for rebellion, and hopes to take over the throne for herself.

Midna will also be narrating the events of the game, much like the Monk from Medieval 2 did.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Fantastic job, Nephalim!

+rep

I always forget about the eye on that sword's pommel (while remembering of course those on the back of the Fused Shadow and above the throne).
    I shall hope the sword is magically light to wield, because Midna doesn't look like she has the arms for a zweihander.

Anyway, an in-universe narrator, uh? That's something Zelda's never done before. It came close with Twinrova in Orcales, but only for what concerned the ritual to revive Ganon and even then it was more of a "let's get away from Link for a moment and see what they're up to" thing than the two of them actually speaking to the viewer (which is also, so far, a first and last: other than that in Zelda we never get away from Link unless it's the intro before the title screen or the ending of the game).

Even the out-of-universe omniscient narrator generally doesn't pipe in unless it's before the title screen or during the ending (not for story anyway, if you count item descriptions and stuff then he never shuts up).

This might prove interesting.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

so,Neph, in the Fairies demo, can we expect the intro video?
    Droma: :Rosa