Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Did that work for you? Just want to be sure, it seems that a file is missing. But I'll give it a shot I guess.

*EDIT*
    "The cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used"

Now what? This sounds much worse than before.
    Are you trying install from the .exe you downloaded or the Medeival 2 disk? disk1.cab is not part of this mod at all so I'm not really sure what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Are you trying install from the .exe you downloaded or the Medeival 2 disk? disk1.cab is not part of this mod at all so I'm not really sure what you are doing.
    From the installer. I deleted the old version like you said, and now that message comes up when I try the installer.

I start to run the installer I downloaded from your link, and that error message comes up. This is after I've deleted the old version. That's all I've been doing.... well, trying to do. It wont go past that message, and it happens fairly early in the install process.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 10, 2011 at 01:16 AM.

I got it to work just fine after deleting the old version and installing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmolito View Post
    I got it to work just fine after deleting the old version and installing this one.
    So, in other words, it's my computer. DAMMIT!

Patrician Artifex

From the installer. I deleted the old version like you said, and now that message comes up when I try the installer.

I start to run the installer I downloaded from your link, and that error message comes up. This is after I've deleted the old version. That's all I've been doing.... well, trying to do. It wont go past that message, and it happens fairly early in the install process.
    Did you delete your entire Medieval 2 installation or just the mod?

Did you delete your entire Medieval 2 installation or just the mod?
    Just the mod.

Patrician Artifex

Just the mod.
    I can only imagine the file you downloaded became corrupted somehow. You said megaupload was giving you issues so I'd not be surprised. I'd just download it again and see if that works.

I can only imagine the file you downloaded became corrupted somehow. You said megaupload was giving you issues so I'd not be surprised. I'd just download it again and see if that works.
    Already tried that. Three times. The first two it didn't even install, the third time it did, but gives the same message.

This may be relevant - the previous installer version takes 227 megabytes, while the one giving me odjita is only 8 MB.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 10, 2011 at 01:31 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Already tried that. Three times. The first two it didn't even install, the third time it did, but gives the same message.

This may be relevant - the previous installer version takes 227 megabytes, while the one giving me odjita is only 8 MB.
    The file you are downloading is definitely corrupt if it's only 8mb, it should be 229mb. Are you sure this is the file you are downloading: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P71M24BY

Did that work for you? Just want to be sure, it seems that a file is missing. But I'll give it a shot I guess.

*EDIT*
    "The cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used"

Now what? This sounds much worse than before.

Please answer soon. I wont sleep well if something on my computer is screwed up.....
    o then just delete the one you have now then download it again, sometimes that happens in the download

The file you are downloading is definitely corrupt if it's only 8mb, it should be 229mb. Are you sure this is the file you are downloading: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P71M24BY
    I hit the link you posted before, but I'll try this one too. With any luck, it might just work.
    Source File could not be read. Good news is the corrupt installer has moved on from the disk1 error message - back to the flag texture message. At least it tells me something that makes sense now, right?

@ Shugo560

No dice, doesn't work.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 10, 2011 at 01:42 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I hit the link you posted before, but I'll try this one too. With any luck, it might just work.
    Source File could not be read. Good news is the corrupt installer has moved on from the disk1 error message - back to the flag texture message. At least it tells me something that makes sense now, right?

@ Shugo560

No dice, doesn't work.
    Is the file 229mb now? I really don't know what's going wrong, by all accounts it seems like for whatever reason the file is corrupting itself at some point in the download. Do you have any anti virus software that might be trying to block out megaupload? Then again I'm not sure why the previous version would download fine without being corrupted if that's the case.

Is the file 229mb now? I really don't know what's going wrong, by all accounts it seems like for whatever reason the file is corrupting itself at some point in the download. Do you have any anti virus software that might be trying to block out megaupload? Then again I'm not sure why the previous version would download fine without being corrupted if that's the case.
    The file isn't downloading at all. It gives me that error message and quites the download. I'll try one more time and see what happens, but it appears that there is an issue with megaupload itself.

Same message.

C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Install Hyrule Total War(1).msi.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Neeepphhhhhhh.... come back from the M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos! section!
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 10, 2011 at 02:01 AM.

Patrician Artifex

The file isn't downloading at all. It gives me that error message and quites the download. I'll try one more time and see what happens, but it appears that there is an issue with megaupload itself.

Same message.

C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Install Hyrule Total War(1).msi.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Neeepphhhhhhh.... come back from the M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos! section!
    I was reading stuff on the cinematic editor.

I notice your error as (1) in the filename which means you have a copy somewhere. I think it was suggested earlier to delete the older corrupt file. Other then that I'd try megaupload at another time. It give me server errors from time to time so this is normal.

I was reading stuff on the cinematic editor.

I notice your error as (1) in the filename which means you have a copy somewhere. I think it was suggested earlier to delete the older corrupt file. Other then that I'd try megaupload at another time. It give me server errors from time to time so this is normal.
    Yeah, I deleted the older installer version in case it didn't work out - after re-installing the older demo. Quite honestly I've never had any issues with just overwriting the previous demo with the newer one, but I'll give it a shot I suppose. I made sure the old installer was gone, though... I'll just go double-check.

I-it w-worked? Did it real-really work?

HOLY ***T REALLY WORKS!

HAHAHAFSAJHHAHFAJSHFALGOADCNWHSBDHAFJHAHAHFJASKFWIAJHND *Insane unintelligible babbling*
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 10, 2011 at 02:31 AM.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Hey Neph, what's the Labrynna signature? and what's the Lizalfos'?
    Droma: :Rosa

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Wow, excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    Hey Neph, what's the Labrynna signature? and what's the Lizalfos'?
    Labrynna's could be "We fight for Progress" or "We fight for Dominion" The latter fits Queen Ambi's motivations.

The Lizalfos could be "We fight out of Respect" or something-or-other.

Labrynna's could be "We fight for Progress" or "We fight for Dominion" The latter fits Queen Ambi's motivations.

The Lizalfos could be "We fight out of Respect" or something-or-other.

Maybe the Lizalfos sig could be 'We Fightssss for Pretty Queen!', or even 'We Fightsss for Lunch!'

.....What? They apparently have all their hunters out killing Hylians and Kokiri and such instead of actual game!
    "You know, for you, I guess that might have been something. Bunch of goblins come out of nowhere trying to give you a welcoming gift of stabby death, Ted crashing a building, me delivering electric death to all of the above.....don't worry, though. You'll get used to it. I mean, look at me; this is just tuesday to me now."

".....But it's monday...."

"Well, yes. Ted crashed the building earlier than he usually does."

-Damien Arn, angry SOB, chatting with the new guy.

From a sprite comic I might never actually publish anywhere.

Lizalfos could be "We fight to prove our strength"
    Last edited by Opus; October 10, 2011 at 03:22 PM.