Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

@rik209
    They don't look too different to me I suppose, the only real difference is the OoT Lizalfos have a more narrow snout, more fingers, and a longer tongue I suppose. I'll figure out something.

@VGF254
    'Civilized' Lizalfos basically have metallic armor and outfits rather then the more barbaric and tribal outfits, much like the Dinalfos and Lizalfos found inside the Temple of Time in TP.

@Kimmolito
    If I were to make a guess my theory is that you might not have installed it in Medieval 2's Mod Folder. I presume you had Medieval 2 and the Kingdoms Expansion Pack installed beforehand?

I have, I've made sure it's there, even reinstalled it once. Unless it's supposed to be directly in the mod folder, because it's in it's own folder, but the installer did that on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    - I'm not sure what to do with the Geru yet, as I don't know if I'll consider them Lizalfos yet. I have no doubt they'll be in the game though.
    If you do put them in the game, I'd definitely have them among the Lizalfos ranks, regardless of their name. It'd be just redundant to have them as mercs.
    Especially since we already have the Tokay.

in that Game Informer preview Aunoma flat out said they put very little effort into the story
    And what else is new?
    Funny though, when the game was announced they said this one they had built around the story. Shows how consistent they are. Back then they said it wasn't going to be as big as Twilight Princess. Now they flaunt dozens of hours of gameplay.

to me they look even more like bones in TP.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Like, for reals?

Seriously?

They don't look too different to me I suppose, the only real difference is the OoT Lizalfos have a more narrow snout, more fingers, and a longer tongue I suppose. I'll figure out something.
    And a leaner muscular frame, I'd say...
    wait no, that's just the artwork, polygon model isn't nearly as physically fit

But I don't see it as that big of a deal.
    Unlike dog Moblins.

New trailer looks great!
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; September 22, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

@ Duke Serkol:
    I guess he means the helmasaurus: but that one's helmet also looks like it's made of metal to me.

also lizalfos gameplay difference:
    OOT:
    TP: (at 5:42)

Patrician Artifex

@Duke Serkol
    - Aunoma is infamous in my book for his outright hypocrisy and changing reasoning. While I don't like to blame any person in particular for the degradation of the series, if I were to point a finger at a person it would probably be him more then any, especially after he basically admitted the awesome Zelda HD demo was just a giant "sticking-our-tongue-out-tease." I really look forward to these men being replaced down the road.

- Yeah they look like cheese grater bones to me, not nearly shiny enough to be metal imo (though you could blame that on the graphical weakness of the Gamecube and Wii). I guess it does not matter though since my Helmasaurs are based of the ALttP ones and not TP.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Are Aeralfos, Dinolfos(Fire-breathing ones), Darkhammers, SS Lizalfos(Stone gloves) Going to appear?
    and maybe more armored versions of the helmasaurs for the more civlized ones?
    Last edited by VGF254; September 22, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Neph already said he will only contemplate Skyward Sword stuff after playing the game. A sensible proposition given how everything is still up in the air and prone to change.

Eh, that Helmasaurus looks like it's wearing a helm fashioned after Zant's.

I don't suppose my problem might come from only having downloaded the latest version of the demo? Because the description of it was only that it would add the Darknut Legion. There might be some files in the first version which aren't in this one... unless... of course somebody else has downloaded only the latest version and it worked for them, because I'm at my wits end here...

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmolito View Post
    I don't suppose my problem might come from only having downloaded the latest version of the demo? Because the description of it was only that it would add the Darknut Legion. There might be some files in the first version which aren't in this one... unless... of course somebody else has downloaded only the latest version and it worked for them, because I'm at my wits end here...
    Naw the latest version includes everything needed. I presume Medieval 2 and Kingdoms start up and run fine?
    There's actually a way to determine why it's crashing. In the medieval 2 folder there should be a folder called "logs" and a file called M2TW.system.log. Go ahead and send the log to me or paste it in spoiler wraps here and that should help me determine what might have gone wrong. Be sure to run the game and have it crash before opening it though, as sometimes the file clears itself every time your system boots up.

@UndyingNephalim

Here's the log.

Thanks a lot for helping me with this, I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Kimmolito; September 23, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

Patrician Artifex

@UndyingNephalim

Here's the log.

Thanks a lot for helping me with this, I really appreciate it.
    I'm not 100% until I get to my home PC, but I have a feeling you are missing " [io]
    file_first = true" in your medieval 2 configuration file, which basically enables mods. Judging by your file paths I can assume your OS is either Vista or Windows 7?

Yes, I have Win 7, but I have no problem with other mods.

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

Yes, I have Win 7, but I have no problem with other mods.
    Where did you buy it? Did you get the Steam version or buy the actual discs. Because I remember from earlier posts that there were some issues with the Steam version. I know there isn't any problems with running the disc version on Win 7 because I run Win 7 with the disc and I can play this mod.

BTW since I haven't been on for awhile, I'll say that all the models so far have been awesome!
    Last edited by ZeR0199X; September 23, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

Where did you buy it? Did you get the Steam version or buy the actual discs. Because I remember from earlier posts that there were some issues with the Steam version. I know there isn't any problems with running the disc version on Win 7 because I run Win 7 with the disc and I can play this mod.
    I bought the actual discs, it couldn't be because I'm having the European version right?

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

I bought the actual discs, it couldn't be because I'm having the European version right?
    That i'm not sure.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

Patrician Artifex

That is odd that other mods are working fine but this one is not. Based on the error logs it's trying to load up files in Medieval 2 that are not used in the mod (in this case descr_building_battle.txt) but [io] file_first = true should take care of that. For whatever reason it's not locating those base files in your stock medieval 2 installation. Have you unpacked all the files from Medieval 2?

That is odd that other mods are working fine but this one is not. Based on the error logs it's trying to load up files in Medieval 2 that are not used in the mod (in this case descr_building_battle.txt) but [io] file_first = true should take care of that. For whatever reason it's not locating those base files in your stock medieval 2 installation. Have you unpacked all the files from Medieval 2?
    Aha! My Medieval 2 won't start either, Kingdoms does though... I'll try reinstalling Medieval 2 and see if that does it.

Patrician Artifex

Aha! My Medieval 2 won't start either, Kingdoms does though... I'll try reinstalling Medieval 2 and see if that does it.
    That is pretty odd that Kingdoms worked and M2 did not, since I was under the impression Kingdoms could not run without M2 (Kingdom's file structure is technically that of a mod). Hopefully a reinstall works.

It didn't... I reinstalled it and got Medieval 2 to work, but Hyrule still shuts down... my computer does like to pull stuff like this on me so I'm not overly surprised, but still very frustrated. I've tried everything I can think of

Patrician Artifex

It didn't... I reinstalled it and got Medieval 2 to work, but Hyrule still shuts down... my computer does like to pull stuff like this on me so I'm not overly surprised, but still very frustrated. I've tried everything I can think of
    These are the only two solutions I can think of:
    1) Did you add this:
    Code:
    [io]
    file_first = true
    to your medieval2.preference.cfg file?

2) Have you unpacked the Medieval 2 files using the unpacker tool that comes with Kingdoms?

Other then that I'm honestly not sure what's wrong. I know the reason it's crashing (not being able to locate needed files in stock Medieval 2), but that should be working especially if other mods you have tried are working.