I would have put their relatives, example their cousins the dinofols,
    and other saurians characters example arealfos

I made the not ripped model of dinofols

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

@ darknut prime I already suggested these ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by rik209 View Post
    Ideas for the lizalfos:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    (I couldn’t see wich were planned because of the names)
    Usloks variation:
    notice the different colour, scales on its neck, and the skull wearing one. (these are BETA lizalfos, but you could use them as variation)

OOT lizalfos, these are very fast and agile, but aren’t very strong and don’t attack very much:
    AoL lizalfos: these throw maces:

OOT dinolfos:
    MM “dinofols”: these breath fire:
    Dynalfos:
    Daira:
    Aeralfos:
    Darkhammer:
    Skyward sword lizalfos:
    these ones are extremely good at blocking with their huge stone gloves, they have a very annoying warcry, are epic and should totally be in the game:

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing the less.. aztecy Lizalfos and the armoured Dinolfos =D, but thats not to say taht these ones so far are bad, as they are great!

Btw, slowly working through the Zora unit list. After the Zora, I may leap ahead and do the Fairies of Tarm, try and pre-emptively strike and get my unit ideas incorporated earlier

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

@LordAmbler
    Balancing is always a pain, as it has been in my other RTS (which, being sci-fi and having a much more flexible engine has races that are even further distinct and harder to balance because of their sheer differences). I'm sure plenty of people will provide enough opinions though to help me fix all the problems the math balancing equations won't quite fix.

@PaulH, Dinalfos comments in general
    Dinfalfos and more gothic armored Lizalfos are planned. The more established central kingdom of the Lizalfos deep in Faron are a bit more civilized then their more tribal brethren that spread closer to the Kokiri Forest. On the campaign map this takes effect as you can only recruit certain units from certain areas the Lizalfos control (obviously the capital city will have the better armored troops and the further out you go the more barbaric and primal the Lizalfos you can recruit are.)

Mh... I'd always seen the Lizalfos as being prevalently from deserts and mountains... but I don't have a problem with forest dwelling ones.

...though those forests are cramped! Kokiri, Deku Scrubs, Moblins, Fairies and now lizard men! Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Mh... I'd always seen the Lizalfos as being prevalently from deserts and mountains... but I don't have a problem with forest dwelling ones.

...though those forests are cramped! Kokiri, Deku Scrubs, Moblins, Fairies and now lizard men! Oh my!
    .....I just had the most epic vision of a Forest Alliance consisting of Kokiri, Scrubs, and Fairies taking over Hyrule. 0.0
    "You know, for you, I guess that might have been something. Bunch of goblins come out of nowhere trying to give you a welcoming gift of stabby death, Ted crashing a building, me delivering electric death to all of the above.....don't worry, though. You'll get used to it. I mean, look at me; this is just tuesday to me now."

".....But it's monday...."

"Well, yes. Ted crashed the building earlier than he usually does."

-Damien Arn, angry SOB, chatting with the new guy.

From a sprite comic I might never actually publish anywhere.

Patrician Artifex

Well the Lizalfos did originate from the Death Mountain ranges in the mythos of this game, but were eventually driven out by more dominant creatures like the Dodongos and eventually the Gorons. They were further driven south by the Kokiri into the Faron Woods where they've pretty much settled. There will be minor Lizalfos groups in different areas of Hyrule, but as far as an actual government and military force it's mostly based in the Faron Woods. The wooded areas in the game will actually be fairly large (larger then all of Hyrule Field and the Gerudo Desert. Here's sort of an idea as to the scope of it:

That's great news regarding the Dinolfos.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Well the Lizalfos did originate from the Death Mountain ranges in the mythos of this game, but were eventually driven out by more dominant creatures like the Dodongos and eventually the Gorons. They were further driven south by the Kokiri into the Faron Woods where they've pretty much settled. There will be minor Lizalfos groups in different areas of Hyrule, but as far as an actual government and military force it's mostly based in the Faron Woods. The wooded areas in the game will actually be fairly large (larger then all of Hyrule Field and the Gerudo Desert. Here's sort of an idea as to the scope of it:

....Wow. Hyrule should really have more lumberjacks.

Anyways, I had a thought on the Aeralfos and Dinolfos; they could be Temple units recruited from the Fire and Wind temples!
    "You know, for you, I guess that might have been something. Bunch of goblins come out of nowhere trying to give you a welcoming gift of stabby death, Ted crashing a building, me delivering electric death to all of the above.....don't worry, though. You'll get used to it. I mean, look at me; this is just tuesday to me now."

Patrician Artifex

Next Lizalfos unit:

Kasorsko Akos (Helmasaur Riders)
    The Kasorskos (more commonly known as Helmasaurs in the Hylian tongue), were a race driven from the Death Mountain Range much like the Lizalfos themselves. Infamous for their secondary exterior skulls, a Helmasaur can ram itself into targets much larger and durable then themselves and survive the impact. While little more then beasts, the Lizalfos have managed to tame the creatures and field them as effective war mounts.

Not sure if it is purely the fault of the pictures, but I feel that the texture of the Helmasaur itself needs both more constrast and a higher resolution. Otherwise, the model and most of the texture looks grand!

is there any chance we will get to see this guy: ?
    also there are only 3 planned lizalfos left, and these problably are dinolfos/dinofols/dynalfos, aeralfos and darkhammer, so that means no seperate dinofols and dynalfos, no AoL lizalfos(gêru) and no ocarina of time lizalfos I guess?
    Last edited by rik209; September 21, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

i have an idea, the lizaflos could use blow darts as there ranged unit

Btw, has anyone seen the new skyward sword trailer? it renewed my hopes for the game

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Helmasaur Riders
    After an initial WTF moment, I'll have to say that's a great idea!

Only thing is...

Helmasaur helms are made, and always were made, of metal.

I don't have a problem with it being bone (after all, throughout the series they've been dinosaurs, birds and even freaking insects... this is a very minor change), but if they were employed as mounts by the Lizalfos, this would finally explain who provides the helms.
    Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by rik209 View Post
    AoL lizalfos(degu)
    You mean GÊRU, right?
    Degu seems to be Hylian for big (it's usually given to boss versions of regular enemies)
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; September 21, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

After an initial WTF moment, I'll have to say that's a great idea!

Only thing is...

Helmasaur helms are made, and always were made, of metal.

I don't have a problem with it being bone (after all, throughout the series they've been dinosaurs, birds and even freaking insects... this is a very minor change), but if they were employed as mounts by the Lizalfos, this would finally explain who provides the helms.
    Just saying

You mean GÊRU, right?
    Degu seems to be Hylian for big (it's usually given to boss versions of regular enemies)
    ...I kinda just figured Ganon supplied the equipment and such the monsters use as part of whatever spell he uses to control them. Where DO Helmasaur helmets come from? Where do old-style hopping Stalfos get all those bones to throw!? Why has Ganondorf never once had a Gerudo in his army!?!?

This is a bigger conspiracy than how the Mario characters have all those resorts and factories to use for tracks in the Mario Kart games.... And yes, yes I have had the free time to wonder about that.
    Last edited by FFfanboyX; September 21, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

Well yes, I suppose the explanation that fits best in the actual games is that the current villain is supplying the equipment.

As to why Ganondorf didn't employ Gerudos together with monsters, that's easy. Brainwashing all the Gerudo like he did with Nabooru would have been highly inpractical. It's much easier if they want to follow him... but people tend to get upset unon discovering that their ruler is essentially the anti-Christ, so it makes sense for Ganondorf to keep the Gerudo apart from his monsters and from his attacks against holy temples.

This of course applies only to Ocarina of Time. After that, Ganondorf clearly leaves his roots behind him. Even in FSA where he starts back from scratch the Gerudo quickly dismiss him as a criminal.

Patrician Artifex

@rik209
    - I do believe the Helmasaur King has very high odds of showing up.
    - I'm not sure what to do with the Geru yet, as I don't know if I'll consider them Lizalfos yet. I have no doubt they'll be in the game though.
    - OoT Lizalfos are pretty much just the Lizalfos already in the game with swords instead of the other weapons, so I'm not sure if I'll go out of my way to make a non-TP styled version of units I already have.

@emperorganondorf
    - Actually darts sound like an interesting idea. I already modeled a ranged unit but perhaps there's room for another.
    - I've seen the new trailer, as well as read the huge preveiw in the most recent issue of game informer. I'll be borrowing the game from a friend after they beat it, as I'm not making the mistake of forking up 60+ dollars for the game and the Wiimote Plus if all goes downhill. I'm not sure if it's just the sheer disappointment Spirit Tracks left on my psyche, but I'm still mostly pessimistic about Skyward Sword. The fact that in that Game Informer preview Aunoma flat out said they put very little effort into the story at all and focused mostly on gameplay already sounds like a very bad omen.

@Duke Serkol
    I always got the impression their helms were bone, based on the brownish color of the sprites in ALTTP, and to me they look even more like bones in TP. I just decided that their helms are a natural growth and when they get to a certain age it sort of detaches and solidifies into something more stone-like.

Next Lizalfos unit:

Fakut Kalaso (Bird-Catchers):
    Hunters, Sentries, and Watchmen, Bird Catchers are fairly versatile in their skills. Armed with a bladed bow, they can fire off a quick volley of arrows before going into a melee. It's not uncommon to see a full battalion of these soldiers in most Lizalfos establishments, even in the more civilized core of their empire.

well, the OOT lizalfos look and act completely different. The OOT ones are much faster, and use a hit and run tactique. they also look really different:

VGF254's Avatar Civis

I thought the Bird-Catchers were going to be aeralfos
    and what do you have in mind for civilized lizalfos?

Hi, I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but I can't start the demo. Whenever I try it just shuts down. I starts loading and I see the initial loading screen, then it just jumps back to the desktop. Would really appreciate it if someone who's had the same problem could tell me what to do here...