Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

ok thanks rik, i'll try it.

damm'it I'm a noob. How do I install medevial total war 2 and its kingdom expansion? please, don't hate me.

is it the right file: Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms v1.05 ?

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

@dadoo
    You'll need to buy the game Medieval 2: Total War and the Kingdoms expansion pack for this to run. Alternately you can also just buy the Medeival 2: Gold Edition. They are fairly cheap on Amazon and Ebay, I manged to get my copy for only $8.99.

@rik209
    - In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask female Zoras are shown to have manta shaped heads, not the dolphin tails, so I associated Laruto more with the TP Zora.
    - Shadow Bulblins are infected by the Realm of Twili and under Zant's control, and thus will be Twili units.
    - If Phi ends up being cool (or any character from SS for that matter), I'll probably try and find a way to include them. That won't happen until after I play SS though, as I have some initially unsettling fear that it won't be that good of a game right now.
    - Bulbo Riders actually sounds like it might be more appropriate. That's a nice simple suggestion that I'll probably go with.
    - I'm not sure if I'll have the Great Moblin yet.
    - I'm not sure if I'll have the Beta Moblin, as it looks radically different from most Moblins (probably why it was removed from TP)
    - Technically the Darknut Masters are the Black Knight, but I presume you all mean him as a single hero character unit. I might add him sometime.
    - Rebonack (Rebonakku) might show up, as he did appear as a boss in my other Zelda game.
    - Odds are Darbus will probably show up eventually.
    - I don't think I'll have Gorons suiciding with Bombs while rolling, I don't even think that's possible with this engine.
    - I might have Gorons with spikes when they roll, not sure yet.
    - Younger Dodongos will have only two legs, and baby larva Dodongos will naturally have no legs. It's implied as they get older they grow more legs and the ones used as mounts are full adults (as it would be impossible from a balance perspective for a two legged Dodongo to carry those heavy Gorons on their backs).
    - I'm not sure about the Nejiron, again I don't think the engine supports suicidal units.
    - Magtails and the Windwaker Gohma will probably show up.
    - Not sure about Tektites or Rocktites, I'd like them though.
    - Armorless Armogohma is a captain assigned to the Royal Larva unit right now.
    - Zora Armor: Hell yes it will show up somewhere.
    - Deku Butler: Not sure yet
    - Club Stalfos: Technically are the Parutamu in the game right now.
    - SS Lizalfos: Maybe... just maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    - In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask female Zoras are shown to have manta shaped heads, not the dolphin tails
    By the way, in TP there was a Zora that while looking the same as everyone else is in fact known to be female. It's the one working in the rafting minigame.
    ...but that's besides the point. I think.

That won't happen until after I play SS though, as I have some initially unsettling fear that it won't be that good of a game right now.
    Ya know what worries me? That flying may end up being as tedious as sailing in TWW (guess how this game is going to clock in 40+ hours of gameplay?)

- I'm not sure if I'll have the Beta Moblin, as it looks radically different from most Moblins (probably why it was removed from TP)
    Isn't it just a TWW Pigblin with a metal helm?

- Odds are Darbus will probably show up eventually.
    Yay!

- I might have Gorons with spikes when they roll, not sure yet.
    You could make them warlock Gorons, "using magic" to generate the spikes much like Zora mages cast thunders.

- Magtails and the Windwaker Gohma will probably show up.
    I never really liked TWW's Gohma... always thought it was a misnamed Moldorm, or rather, a misnamed Tail (Tail enemies were often translated to Moldorm upon English release... there's actually been very few real Moldorms in the series).
    Heck, the smaller version of the boss is called magTAIL...
    But it's canon, so I won't object to their inclusion.

- SS Lizalfos: Maybe... just maybe.
    After you play SS, right?
    See, I'm trying to avoid spoilers of any kind, so I'm hoping people will stop posting stuff from SS after your above statement on the subject

about laruto: I thought female zoras could have both heads, since otherwise ther is only 1 female zora at the time, and ruto and lulu just looked different because of their importance there are many male variations too:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I thought the kargarocs, bullblins, deku babas, rats, etc. were just affected by the twilight and used by zant, while they still were the same as outside the twilight zone. so when a bullblin enters the twilight zone, he becomes a shadow bullblin, but is still the same person. so there should be a possibility of a NORMAL bullblin riding a NORMAL kargoroc

about gorons rolling with bombs: they don't kill themselves, as in OOT there as one doin' it just for fun, not having any pain at all.

thanks for reacting
    Last edited by rik209; September 17, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

Patrician Artifex

@Duke Serkol
    After SS yes, even though I've seen them in action and bouncing around like silly idiots.
    Granted they did bounce around like idiots in Ocarina of Time so I guess it's not that far of a degradation.

@rik209
    - I just ended up deciding to go the route of all female pure blooded Zora having the manta heads. Any half blooded female is more likely to have the dolphin fin heads. It's just more of a personal preference of mine rather then sticking as close to canon as possible I suppose.

- I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in the actual game, but in this mythos when people become infected by the Realm of Twili they basically are reverted to mindless monsters which Zant can control. That's partially the reason why he begins infecting Hyrule. Why fight enemies when you can convert them I always say.

Next Lizalfos unit:

Agis Kado (River-Runners):
    All purpose guardians of Lizalfos tribes, River Runners often patrol the many waterways that the Lizalfos have built to irrigate their forest crops. A lifetime in the water often attributes to their scales becoming a bluish green color. They might not be the best of soldiers, but anyone should be wary of a reptile armed with butcher knives.

Not everyone found the sailing to be tedious, but perhaps some of us enjoyed having such a vast area to explore and to have such gorgeous music to accompany it.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Not everyone found the sailing to be tedious, but perhaps some of us enjoyed having such a vast area to explore and to have such gorgeous music to accompany it.
    Despite my gripes about some of the Zelda games I never really found the sailing to be that tedious either to be honest, and I really did like being able to just sort of go wherever I wanted after the first dungeon. I'm a big fan of open world games (think Elder Scrolls), and Windwaker probably was the most open world Zelda game to date. I can't really agree with all the music though... don't get me wrong I love Koji Kondo's melodies but Windwaker and even Twilight Princess has a really odd choice of instruments. I just think at that point the MIDI was really starting to show its age since a lot of games were moving unto more realistic sounding instruments. I've been spoiled by the epic music in Elder Scrolls sadly.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; September 17, 2011 at 08:22 PM.

Japas was probably the basis of the TP Zoras. I mean, look at those fins on his head...
    One of my friends was convinced that Zoras cut their fins to give themselves haircuts (and, I imagine, that they would grow back). Zany but fun.

Love the new unit, the skull helm makes them look fierce!
    Though I was kind of hoping blue Lizalfos would have clubs, but I'm not going to object to swords either

- I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in the actual game, but in this mythos when people become infected by the Realm of Twili they basically are reverted to mindless monsters which Zant can control. That's partially the reason why he begins infecting Hyrule.
    In the actual game, it's possible that it happened this way (spontaneously) for monsters, but with people it was more complicate. Immediately, they would become spirits/shades. Able to interact with each other and the world but not with a being that did not undergo that process (such as Link, who instead turned into a wolf and could use his new senses to perceive them but could not touch them).
    However, Shadow Assassins would then capture them and turn them into more Shadow Assassins (which is pretty gutsy for Nintendo: none of the inhabitants of Kakariko return at the end of the game, Link killed them after they were turned into Shadow Assassins!).
    This happened primarily to the people of Kakariko because they were a small village and thus an easy target. Odds are it eventually would have happened to Castle Town (and Ordon) as well. The Gorons were unaffected either because they fought back the Shadow Assassins or because they were not an easy target and were therefore not attacked. They did however refuse to help the people of Kakariko because they were ashamed of what had occurred to their elder and wouldn't risk it being known to outsiders, thus leaving them to die. And then they moved into Kakariko to enjoy thermal baths. Wow. Gorons are jerks.
    And the Zoras were under ice as usual.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; September 17, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

can't wait for Skyrim!!
    Droma: :Rosa

Great work you are doing here, soon enough you will be experienced enough to do it for money.

Do you still need spider animations or did you get that sorted? PM me if you need them.

hey neph, I guess it's not possible to make gohma able to climb walls in siege battles?

Also I read something about artifacts in this topic, are they going to be in the game?
    if so, some ideas:
    goddess pearlspendants of virtue: pure metals: spiritual stones: phantom hourglass: royal jewels: sage medallions: essences of nature: essences of time:
    sky book, fused shadowmirror of twilight:
    Last edited by rik209; September 18, 2011 at 05:44 AM.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

pretty thourough list
    Droma: :Rosa

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

All of those would make for great ancillaries.

Patrician Artifex

@alreadyded
    Thank you for still having the offer. If I get some time to spare I'll gather them together in a nice zip file.

@rik209
    I don't think it's possible to have them climb walls without ladders like in Shogun 2. If anyone does know how to do that in the Medeival 2 engine though I'd love to know. There will be items in game, I'll probably get around to working on them when I have the models and maps done.

Next lizard of doom is ready:

Res Sakis (Tree-Hoppers):
    Lizalfos gifted with legs much longer then most of their kind, Tree Hoppers have put them to good use. They are notable support troops that can easily outflank and bait an enemy while the main force moves in for the kill. They are perfect decoys and tools of misdirection in any Lizalfos army, and any enemy would be foolish to underestimate their combat prowess should they fail to fall for the trap.

That's new vegetation is see behind them ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

It's medieval aztec country vegetation.

DarkReborn's Avatar Libertus

At first I thought that it was wielding some kind of bow-spear... still, it would be awesome.

At first I thought that it was wielding some kind of bow-spear... still, it would be awesome.
    This.
    Nonetheless, I keep longing for Lizalfos completion !
    I just hope that you won't make them too weak that they'll all get butchered by any hylian infantry unit.

Don't know if you thought about it yet, but you're gonna have a hell of a time balancing everything after all models are done
    20 factions of 10+ units and strenghts and weaknesses while still making it fair, thats a lot of things to take into account.