Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Redmagpie's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Lanayru will have both horses and crabs. And these:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arurodas:
    While adults of these arachnid creatures are impossible to domesticate, many game hunters in Lanayru pride themselves over stealing unhatched eggs from Aruroda nests and taming the newborns as pets. As Arurodas get older their more violent tendencies surface, making them prime candidates as beasts of war. While not particularly fast above the ground, Arurodas can burrow and tunnel underneath the battlefield, which makes them ideal for surprise attacks as they surface in the middle of an unsuspecting army.

Surprisingly they have more custom animations then even flying units.
    Nice to see you including stuff from games that dont "agree with you" as all along peops have said there are plenty of great concepts which you had been avoiding

Yes Defensive Units are stationary more or less and are used to fortify positions such as a bridge. In the campaign they can't move from whatever city or castle they are trained or built from. Naturally they will be very handy in siege battles for defending certain areas such as a pass to a plaza.
    So maybe my treed Koriki idea will get through? Also.maybe deku communities? (can hide anywhere, have a longer range than normal dekus. Maybe multiple variants of the deku shrub. Like royals have spears so have good attack and stuff)

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Redmagpie View Post
    Nice to see you including stuff from games that dont "agree with you" as all along peops have said there are plenty of great concepts which you had been avoiding
    I've not really been avoiding things from games I don't like, I've just re-purposed those things that I've taken and shifted them in a way that fits with my view of how the series should be. Both Hylia and Demise in this mod are the best examples of this. I've done similar things to characters and creatures from games I do like too.

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

Are you planning to make a cut off Deku Baba (cant remeber the name) as a cavalry unit as well?

VGF254's Avatar Civis

I got a new sig

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Neph, will the crabs attack too or only the riders?

Patrician Artifex

More stuff for today:

Rauru:
    The Sage of Light, mastermind behind the Temple of Time, and guardian force of the Royal Family, Rauru has long served the Kingdom since ascending to Sagehood. He has little tolerance for those that do not respect the Goddesses and is not afraid to bring a Mace to the heads of those that oppose the Kingdom of Hyrule. He also has close ties to the Oocca, whom secretly helped him construct the Temple of Time and eventually forge the Master Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Neph, will the crabs attack too or only the riders?
    The crabs also attack when in melee.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

More stuff for today:

Rauru:
    The Sage of Light, mastermind behind the Temple of Time, and guardian force of the Royal Family, Rauru has long served the Kingdom since ascending to Sagehood. He has little tolerance for those that do not respect the Goddesses and is not afraid to bring a Mace to the heads of those that oppose the Kingdom of Hyrule. He also has close ties to the Oocca, whom secretly helped him construct the Temple of Time and eventually forge the Master Sword.

The crabs also attack when in melee.
    YES!!!! At long last the Sage of Light joins the epic battle!

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

BAtard Those days Neph you are productive!! And I like this.

As my first contribution to this thread, I would like to make a suggestion, specifically, regarding the Chilfos idea from PaulH. When I read this faction suggestion, (due to the fact that I find the "fos" creatures more interesting than the games themselves.) I thought this was pure genius, however, this may add to the idea. Red Ice Chilfos, any person who's played OoT knows that these frozen blocks of evil were impervious to the elements and regular flame. So, it could work like this, if the chilfos took zoras domain, they would get the ice temple, along with access to this red ice, their "leader" could see this as a way to improve his troops. So, red ice chilfos would have superior armor ratings/attack than the regular ones, but would be far more expensive to train considering they are magical constructs made of magical material, (Instead of magical constructs made of regular material) Because it's fireproof, this would also negate fire arrow damage bonuses, along with removing the disadvantages of fighting in the desert/other areas (combine that with stalfos level morale, and they'd be pretty overpowered). Of course, to balance these huge improvements out, you could make it so that they're only recruitable from captured zora territory.

(Put lame ice related pun here)
    (This is the winter of our disco tent) I seriously need to make this my signature.

Wow, super-fit Rauru... he's so thin he actually makes me think of his Twilight Princess counterpart, Auru.

Isn't he a bit old to wield a mace (effectively)? Either way, it's good to finally see an Hylian Sage join the fray. I should hope he has some of the msot powerful magic attacks in the game.

Icon12 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Wow, super-fit Rauru... he's so thin he actually makes me think of his Twilight Princess counterpart, Auru.

Isn't he a bit old to wield a mace (effectively)? Either way, it's good to finally see an Hylian Sage join the fray. I should hope he has some of the msot powerful magic attacks in the game.
    I would think that his magic power would go towards defensive/passive measures both to himself and his bodyguard. Like his attack would only be ok and hitpoints be like 4 but his bodyguards would be under blessings of the goddesses bestowed by him.

Isn't he a bit old to wield a mace (effectively)?
    Dude, Gandalf fights like a hero in LOTR too. And he's like 3000 years old.
    And Rafiki also beat some hyenas in the Lion King.

Old people are the most dangerous.

Pixelspeech's Avatar Foederatus

Rauru looks awesome, but just seeing him with a mace in his hand reminds me of an old man yelling "Get off mah lawn". Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbler View Post
    Dude, Gandalf fights like a hero in LOTR too. And he's like 3000 years old.
    And he's also not human.
    Honestly though, I always thought the fight between Gandalf and Saruman looked a bit silly. Kept thinking "How have their bones not snapped like dry twigs yet?"

And he's also not human.
    Honestly though, I always thought the fight between Gandalf and Saruman looked a bit silly. Kept thinking "How have their bones not snapped like dry twigs yet?"
    Like you said, Gandalf's not human. In fact, the wizards actively hold back their power, save Saruman, depending on whether you consider his mechanical inventions to be the result of him ceasing to hold back, which would make sense considering Treebeard says Saruman's mind is of metal, I guess.

Patrician Artifex

And he's also not human.
    And neither is Rauru. He's also an immortal Sage.

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

He's also Hylian not human.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotShazam View Post
    Like you said, Gandalf's not human. In fact, the wizards actively hold back their power
    Yeah, but it still seemed really silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by martdiamond View Post
    He's also Hylian not human.
    Hylians are a race of humans. We've been over that before.

I suppose that's true... but to me that would sooner bring to mind "thunderbolt" or "magical barrier" than "Rauru smash!"

I suppose that's true... but to me that would sooner bring to mind "thunderbolt" or "magical barrier" than "Rauru smash!"
    Well, less "Rauru Smash" and more "This is my Beating Stick." Honestly, a mace isn't all that heavy, which is also true for the rest of the stereotypically heavy steel equipment of the Middle Ages. People think "It's old and metal, therefore it must be really really heavy" and are totally wrong. Yes it has some heft to it, but nothing like most people think. It's also a force multiplier - most of the weight is at the end you whack people with, meaning it hurts way more than hitting someone with something like a stick of equivalent weight. Basically, if you can swing it at all, it's gonna hurt somebody. Bonus points for being effective at crushing armor and bone.