Thread: General Discussion Thread

Icon1 General Discussion Thread

Something I've noticed was there was no dedicated discussion thread. It was all sort of jumbled up in all the other topics, and I didn't feel those places were suitable for such discussion.

So, I made this thread, where you can share your stories, adventures, and experiences, and give or ask for advice.

So, I'll start.

What is the AI doing that has them have massive armies of various types within the first 15 turns? When playing as both Lanayru and Kokiri, I noticed that the Zoras and Hyrule has massive armies that I wasn't even close to in strength. My main question is: How are they getting the funding for that? When they have huge armies, I'm still struggling financially.

Default Re: General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    Something I've noticed was there was no dedicated discussion thread. It was all sort of jumbled up in all the other topics, and I didn't feel those places were suitable for such discussion.

So, I made this thread, where you can share your stories, adventures, and experiences, and give or ask for advice.

So, I'll start.

What is the AI doing that has them have massive armies of various types within the first 15 turns? When playing as both Lanayru and Kokiri, I noticed that the Zoras and Hyrule has massive armies that I wasn't even close to in strength. My main question is: How are they getting the funding for that? When they have huge armies, I'm still struggling financially.
    The AI cheats. People have seen a Hylian town pump out 2 town guard per turn for several turns more than a player could manage, for example.

Likewise, you may notice that the KoH will always have whole stacks standing by to invade the player, even when the two empires have never met. Take any settlement that gives you a border with them, and watch that previously loitering horde try to rush you...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

The announcements thread serves this purpose. It is a bit confusing but that is pretty much the main thread on this forum.

Interesting question though, I wonder if there is an old and forgotten script that gives the AI extra troops?
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

So here is a topic for general discussion.
    What do you all think? Are Gorons Male, Female, Both, or Nether? Are they multi-gendered or mono-gendered? Also What is your theory on how they Reproduce?
    Last edited by Eldren; August 02, 2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: add in question

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, Gorons are rock people. They always refer to each other as "Brother", so they at least consider themselves to be male, not that their anatomy supports that claim. If we're going to take the logical jump of saying that rock people exist, then I suppose it would be fair to take the next logical leap and say that these rock people reproduce by budding like sponges.

Free Kekistan

Quote Originally Posted by Brihentin13 View Post
    reproduce by budding like sponges

The theories I think are the most likely for the Gorons were also both described by Gimli in the same scene of LOTR (although about Dwarves).

Either baby Gorons pop out of holes in the ground, or Goron women look so similar to Goron men that you can't tell the difference.

Maybe 'Brother' is just a term of endearment for any other Goron and they have an entirely gender-equal society. It would be kind of ironic if that was the case, given that they literally live in a 'Patriarchy'.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

I've always held that the Gorons look so similar that they almost completely lack Sexual Dimorphism. If your genders are so similar, it'd make sense that it isn't an important part in their society.

hey is there a way to mod the script so that certain units spawn in ways, I been trying to add link and majora to the by having it to where link spawns if you have a certain amount of settlements with complete Strict Goddess Worship, or spawn majora if it has complete worship for him. also can you do the same if a certain amount of settlements have high unrest, or a high rupee out put I kinda want to make special hero spawns for certain factions.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

So, my friend and I have now concluded that the Essence of Tarm's story is the same as E.T.

Well of course, what do you think E.T. stands for?

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by tf_ View Post
    Well of course, what do you think E.T. stands for?
    Mind = Blown

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

E.T. - A small clumsy force using jedi alien crash lands on earth and is left behind by his people, some kid hides from from government forces and tries to get him back home in a single day.

Tarm - A giant unfathomable god like being crashes on Hyrule along with an entire species of magic insect ladies and begin warping the very laws of physics and reality of the planet to sustain itself over thousands of years.

I see the similarities.

Well, when you put it like that...

It was just more like, "E.T. go home!"

If we are going down that path of logic, does that mean that this

Is Veran's true form?

So, I've been looking through the mod's image files, and quite a few things have intrigued me.

It seems Blind is intended to be a magical ranged boss unit.
    The name of the hylian rebel general with the unique portrait is Lord Morada.
    The name of the general in the Dead Maku Tree is Sulthis.
    There's this strange Deku character by the name of Liz Zi Ey of the Chair(file name is lizzie)
    Mediator Ooccoo is intended to be a magical melee hero.
    Vitreous is intended to be a magical ranged boss.
    The Darknuts, Gerudo, and Moblins have a merchant image, set to the Zuna merchant.
    The Hylians and Lanayru Zora have a merchant image, set to the Ordonian merchant.
    The Kokiri and Lizalfos have a merchant image, set to the Deku merchant.
    There are quite the number of event images that I'm pretty sure aren't currently in use. These are ones that have Hyrule based images. They include:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-Detecting/Expelling an Agent(?)
    -Assassin Failed/Slain
    -Bribery
    -Council Issuing/Success
    -Troubled Faction(Same as Mission Failed/Expired)
    -Messenger(?)(Most confused about this one)
    -Military Promotion
    Last edited by El Fonz0; August 16, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

has anyone figure ot how to edit hero abilities without losing from your game.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.