Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

@Duke Serkol
    I think he means Unreal Development Kit. So build the game around the Unreal 3 engine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi there! (I think im a bit late) I want to help you with this mod I realy apreciate your game and it avance, so my name is lemoy and i can help you with ideas proposals and including some of graphic animation and programation

So if it dont bother you i will give some of my ideas
    Say me guys, have you ever thought on giving link his own faction? you can do that the ones that still having hope on him, fight with him trying to save hyrule eliminating the evil factions as moblins, stalfos etc. and if you caught him in battle you got three options to do with him:
    Execute him
    Release him
    Or offer him a ransom getting part of the troops of the faction that captured him

And other thing that i was thinking is about naval battles i saw some commentaries and i think its possible to do them, im not an expert in programing but probabily we can export the scripts that are in Shogun or Empire Total war without doing necesary to install that versions

Other ting is about the flying units im not sure what you want to do them if to jump the enemies walls or stay back frm them if is staying back we can use the same script that uses the limits of the battlefields using an "air wall" (or something by the way) that does that only the braking troops can crooss them

And... i could not be a genious on the programation but im a fast learner, just say me how every things works up and i will help you to the 100% (ooooo... and i need to know what programing language you use and the program where you work)
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; March 17, 2012 at 04:35 PM.

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

you are realy late Bro,but try it anyway Lemoy.

Yeah help out i want to play this as a campaign as soon as possible.

huhuran's Avatar Libertus

Yeah
    Thanks for volunteering to help them lemoy
    good for you
    I'm pretty useless right now

well i was thinking on giving link his own faction, of the ones that still have hope in him and if you capture him you got 3 options:
    execute him
    release him or
    offer him ransom getting part of the faction of the ones that caught him

something more about the naval battles, im not a programation master but i think we can use the scripts of the Shogun 2 Total War or of Empire Total War to do deep waters and ship actions

and about the naval battles, im not a programation master, but i think that if we use the scripts of Shogun 2 total war or Empire total war we can create deep waters and ships

Something more i can help doing some scripts if you say me the programation languages and the program used to edit the game i can help doing one or two things
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; March 17, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoy View Post
    well i was thinking on giving link his own faction, of the ones that still have hope in him and if you capture him you got 3 options:
    execute him
    release him or
    offer him ransom getting part of the faction of the ones that caught him
    I like the idea of a separate faction for the hero of time to. I would have it as 'The Brotherhood of Time' or 'The Order of Time'. From what i understand, the game is a mixture of times (i posted a explanation for this that involves majora trying to destroy time itself by using the ocarina of time but only succeeded in warping and bending it. neph says that Link went back to childhood then messed up time. the cause doesn't matter though). i would have that those who have the blood of the hero of time (i think that the Links are descended from each other, each being awakened when evil comes.) would band together into the brotherhood (or order ) seeing that evil is rising. the generals would be composed of the awakened heroes (the ones we played as) while the regular soldiers would be the ones who only carried the bloodline. (they would still be powerful because they are now awakening.) they would have few men in their number but be able to recruit regular people in their army as a axillary (cant spell it) force. they would be non playable, more of a counter Majora faction. Maybe throw in some fascist, you cant take care of yourself, attitude so they will attack you because they believe that they are the only hope for Hyrule.

this might not work if link is just reincarnated every time instead of always there, waiting for evil to come. i dont know.

I think that link shouldn't be a general or faction leader but a hero just the only one, and whatever faction you play he will spawn when you end the turn a couple times, his guards would be various links from time something like red,blue,orange like in four swords and because their is so many different links it wouldnt hurt to have 1 unit consisting of 100 or less link variations and that being only one unit not a variety of 2 types of units just the one unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane3ob View Post
    I think that link shouldn't be a general or faction leader but a hero just the only one, and whatever faction you play he will spawn when you end the turn a couple times, his guards would be various links from time something like red,blue,orange like in four swords and because their is so many different links it wouldnt hurt to have 1 unit consisting of 100 or less link variations and that being only one unit not a variety of 2 types of units just the one unit.
    I think that just turning link into a uber unit that you automatically get would lose the appeal of having him (basically he would then just work like a strong, free mercenary) while also stop interesting scripting idea and make the factions lose a sense of identity and uniqueness. He should be special whether the player can use him or not. Maybe a more interesting way would be that, instead of him being just handed to you at the beginning, you need to hold the temple of time when majora appears. A event message saying that a mysterious band of warriors has arrived at the temple of time. They ask the ruler of this land (your leader would own the throne of hyrule if he holds the city) to help them vanquish the true evil. In return, they will fight for you in your wars, so that eventually there will be true peace in Hyrule. (maybe have them as a unit of archers (fairy bows and such) who also excel in hand to hand combat. Versatile)

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    I think that just turning link into a uber unit that you automatically get would lose the appeal of having him (basically he would then just work like a strong, free mercenary) while also stop interesting scripting idea and make the factions lose a sense of identity and uniqueness. He should be special whether the player can use him or not. Maybe a more interesting way would be that, instead of him being just handed to you at the beginning, you need to hold the temple of time when majora appears. A event message saying that a mysterious band of warriors has arrived at the temple of time. They ask the ruler of this land (your leader would own the throne of hyrule if he holds the city) to help them vanquish the true evil. In return, they will fight for you in your wars, so that eventually there will be true peace in Hyrule. (maybe have them as a unit of archers (fairy bows and such) who also excel in hand to hand combat. Versatile)

I completely agree that sounds a lot better

well i was saying that because link could have get like a "Evil Destruction Campaing" with the ones that belive in him, cause Undying put link like a betrayer to all the land, and his faction could be like an emerging, having all races to his dispoticion and declaring war to the evil factions like Moblins, Stalfos, Lizalfos, etc. And no matter what faction you are you can declare him the war, and in battles with him, he dont dies (at least if he is already in other faction) you capture him and his ransom is to unite your kingdoom's army... but enought about this.

In other things, i was thinking about naval battles, cause i read of someone who wanted them, Im not a genious on the programing but i think we can use Shogun 2 total war or Empire total war scripts to do deep waters and ships without doing necessary instal this mods, I can help you in things like that im not promisin anything but i can help with programs and animations

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    So basically they would be like in the Third Age when you hold the shire or fangorn forest. Giving them the power to rule themselves but they still belong to you and send men from time to time. Is that what your saying. (sorry for trying to seriously simplify it but brain power used for midterms at moment)

Quote Originally Posted by kelowna View Post
    So basically they would be like in the Third Age when you hold the shire or fangorn forest. Giving them the power to rule themselves but they still belong to you and send men from time to time. Is that what your saying. (sorry for trying to seriously simplify it but brain power used for midterms at moment)
    I wouldn't think so. The reason the heroes of time are fighting fr you is that you effectively rule hyrule (owning the capital where the temple of time is) so if you give them control of it well, why would they fight for you? Maybe a way to get more of them (assuming that in is a heretical blood line instead of reincarnation) would be to have events saying that you could divert more resources to finding more of these warriors. Also if your faction would crusade against evil, tjey ould ne speciall mercenaries. To balance it out, maybe there could be more than one spot.where the heroes can show up like at the different temples.

Quote Originally Posted by kelowna View Post
    Wait, you can do that in Third Age:TW? Whenever I capture Fangorn an army of ents spawn a while later and bum-rush my capital.

Im am new to twcenter (and it is awsome) but i have been keeping up with hyrule total war but i want to know what will you be doing about agents like spys,diplomats,and so on.

well what about doing him a special unit, and if you control the temple of time, in a specific number of turns, you can summon him to the battle, and if he dies you need to controll the temple of time, other specific time, to summon a reincarnation (I think it would be better if the the controling time would be longer if link dies for non-natural reasons(its posible to know how a character died by checking the family tree like in M2TW) like a penality for losing him in battle) and depending of the faction that summon him is how he looks (and i saw you already have his appearance list).

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

So Lemoy you gonna work with Neph our you will just talk of your idea on this forum.

How are things going Neph?
    I shall consume... consume everything

hey cebec if im gonna help him i need him to say something and plus i just enter and i dont even know the programs that i need to use

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

@Lemoy
    He wants to do it alone (at least all designing, programming etc.) so he can do it at his own pace and how he wants it. The only thing you can do is post your experiences with the game do far and pitch ideas on things that would make an asset to the game and maybe sometimes help out with a technical problem. But maybe things are kicking into gear with his Sigma project and he now will accept help, I doubt it though.