Thread: getting templars & st. Johns guilds: how too?

Default getting templars & st. Johns guilds: how too?

hi I am an experienced player/modder but I just do not understand how & what you must do to get a templars & or a knights hospitler guilds
    thank you if you can enlighten me

Norwegian_viking's Avatar Civis

Default Re: getting templars & st. Johns guilds: how too?

I think you get it after an crusade, but me and a friend discussed it and he got one i England lol.
    ☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!

Leaf-Fan-Forever's Avatar Miles

Recruiting Crusader Knights while on Crusade increases it, recruiting Knights in a settlement, having Chilverous Govenors, Multiple Crusades etc...

Guide guide read it check which factors contribute to which guild etc.
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    For any knightly order guild type you get:-
    • +25 points for joining a crusade.
    • +10 points for recruiting knights from it.
    • Apart from that only the hopitallers & Teutons get a bonus of +10 points if they share a border with a region that has islam or pagan religion respectively(have to be more than 50% and is one of the reason i don't capture stettin early in my HRE campaign).
    • We also get a +10 points if a catholic nation declares war on a islamic factions(Hospitaller guild only).
    • A chivalrous general having chivalry 5+ also gives a bonus of +5 points every turn in it's settlement.

100 points = minor guild
    100 points = major guild
    500 points = HQ guild

Thats all u need to know about getting a Knightly order guild.

thank you Gentlemen but I have just dispersed numerous of those guilds throughout Europe ( so about a fifth of all settlements of the 197 on the map have them already) which is historic as my mod starts in 1300

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

So the best to get them if you don´t have any is to join crusades?
    And after that, they should start offering guild houses...
    That would make sense.

I just wonder this: why is it so much harder and rarer to get the Templar guild than it is to get the Hospitaller guild?
    Weren´t the Templars the bigger and stronger order of those two?
    I mean, sure, the Hospitallers are better (because their guild houses provide health bonus), but still, I only get offers from the Templars if I build and then destroy Hospitaller houses, and even then it never certain. Usually the Hospitallers just come back with a new offer.
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    So the best to get them if you don´t have any is to join crusades?
    And after that, they should start offering guild houses...
    That would make sense.
    Yes exactly & mostly what players do is when a crusade comes normally one general gets set and is sent to kick ass and when he reaches before taking the target, back home all the generals join the crusade just to get more points and when the crusade gets over and new turn starts the guild is popped instantly if one uses 4 generals(25*4=100 points) atleast that is one that actually takes the crusade target while 3 back at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    I just wonder this: why is it so much harder and rarer to get the Templar guild than it is to get the Hospitaller guild?
    Weren´t the Templars the bigger and stronger order of those two?
    Read my quoted part carefully you will see the difference hospitaller get points from more things.
    Yes templars were more powerful (money wise etc) then them but it's CA.

Old Geezer's Avatar Senator

I don't know if it is because KGCM has been modded, but since playing it, I get Templars almost exclusively and not Hospitalers. I prefer the Hospitallers due to the health bonus and it just seems to me that they are more disciplined but I don't think there is any difference in that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
    I don't know if it is because KGCM has been modded, but since playing it, I get Templars almost exclusively and not Hospitalers. I prefer the Hospitallers due to the health bonus and it just seems to me that they are more disciplined but I don't think there is any difference in that stat.
    actually Hospitlers are more disciplined
    historically so as the Templars were notoriously reckless & also in the game hint: read the unit descriptions

I know how to get them easy, but i just dont know how to get them both. can anyone help me? i know if u have one u cant have the other one, but is there a way i can change to files so that it will let me?

@4514N DUD3
    I think you can get both, but you will have to make sure to get the Templars first, and then only allow them a few guild houses (or let them have many, and then destroy some). Then you join crusades with as many Family Members as possible until the Hospitallers start making offers.
    At least that´s what I think, but I´ve never had any campaign where I got offers from both, so it´s probably like you said.

Proud to be a Viking!

Double A's Avatar person man

Pfft, Hospitallers are way better, why would you want both when one is superior?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The only difference is that the Templars might charge without orders... Checked it in EDU
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Pfft, Hospitallers are way better, why would you want both when one is superior?
    RP purposes, probably.
    And the only difference is that Hospitaller Knights doesn´t have the "may charge without orders" trait and that their guild houses provide a slight health bonus.

Proud to be a Viking!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It feels like noone saw my post
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I already have a Saint John's Chapter house (I 'm playing the Stainless Steel 6,3 mod for M2TW). It was really hard and it took many rounds to upgrade it to a major house. So, in order to upgrade it, I need to participate in a crusade, recruit knights and send more generals in the crusade?

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

I do not about the more generals bit, but the other parts are spot on. I have not seen you before now so here is my welcome to TWC!

Have fun with the Stainless Steel Mod series. I am still struggling to figure things out. If more exploration the site interest you, I would suggest looking into the content areas for The Writers' Study and for The Artists' Studio. I figure you have already begun the exploration of the modification forums for each game.

Oh by the way, here is my free plug for Blogging the After Action Reports which will be my lure to get you to peek at all the action in the Writers Study.

Can I do it through console command?