View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Faction In Lord Of The Rings Total War?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isengard

8 12.31%
  • Mordor

4 6.15%
  • Silvan Elves

3 4.62%
  • Noldor Elves

10 15.38%
  • Galadhrim Elves

3 4.62%
  • Orc Rabbles

1 1.54%
  • Kingdom of Dale

2 3.08%
  • Dwarven Clans

9 13.85%
  • Haradrins

0 0%
  • Easterlings

3 4.62%
  • Dunlendings

2 3.08%
  • Free Peoples of Middle Earth

3 4.62%
  • Gondor

12 18.46%
  • Rohan

5 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Faction

Icon7 Favorite Faction

Well didnt see any topic regarding this important matter, so, here it is!! Vote for the faction that you love the most!

i go with ISENGARD, love the uruk-hai, the berserkers, the dreadguards, MAUHÚR!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Default Re: Favorite Faction

i go with ISENGARD, love the uruk-hai, the berserkers, the dreadguards, MAUHÚR!
    Since you voted for them and they are one of two my favourites i voted for Easterlings...

i wanna chose 2 Galadhrim and Isengard...but i love Galadhrim a bit more so i vote for them....is awsome to kill lot of orcs with just a little company of good archer...and later you can kill mighty uruk-hai...but usually in my game they get pawned by dammed Rohirrims

ok i want to vote for silvan elves but i cant dunno why
    reason: my fav character is legolas and i dont like to lose many soldiers so i prefer archery over close combat

i belive you have to have 50 posts on TotalWar Center to vote in pools mate, and Silvans are my second favorite, its awesome ambushing mordor armies and killing a whole stack with mirkwood rangers even before they get near you!
    Last edited by Wulfburk; January 24, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

ohh ok than.. but u know my vote so +1 for silvans
    and yh ambushing style ftw

DiZaster's Avatar Civis

OMGWTF

Respect mai autoritai!..

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

noldor

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Dunland ftw
    LOL
    wait.. you're serious??

Kidding aside, I vote for Rohan because I just love them in the film. Gondor seems like the elite that got caught with their pants down while Rohan is the peasant army that's kicking ass because they're a mix of Saxons and Mongols.

neryan's Avatar Foederatus

I like Dunland too. They're a simple faction: their units can be recruited with just the first recruitment building and they're humans, which means they can recruit their best armys almost anywhere (the only places near them which aren't inhabitted by humans are isengard, fangorn camp and the orc rabbles cities). I play them when i don't want to think about strategies too much (there aren't many options)

I haven't voted since i don't have enough posts in twcenter forums yet. I'm not sure about who to vote in. If rohan, the galadhrim or the dwarves.
    Do you know the problem with the Iraqi army? They were using Russian defense tactics:

1. Engage the enemy. -

2. Draw him into your territory. -

3. Wait until winter sets in. -

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana View Post
    LOL
    wait.. you're serious??

Kidding aside, I vote for Rohan because I just love them in the film. Gondor seems like the elite that got caught with their pants down while Rohan is the peasant army that's kicking ass because they're a mix of Saxons and Mongols.
    I love "underdog" factions

To all you Dunland fans, what do you think if I added more armor pieces to Dunlendings using weapons from other factions? I'm thinking of having them wear Gondor helmet, uruk-hai helmet, etc. The same units, I'm just planning to change the models a bit to add more armor pieces.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

To all you Dunland fans, what do you think if I added more armor pieces to Dunlendings using weapons from other factions? I'm thinking of having them wear Gondor helmet, uruk-hai helmet, etc. The same units, I'm just planning to change the models a bit to add more armor pieces.
    give them at least acess to (mercenary) archers, or some kind of long range missile troops maybe giving them Uruk crossbow will do the trick

BTW, I prefer Mordor though, for teh Nazguls

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Barnak's Avatar Foederatus

Cannot vote, too bad.

My favorite faction is the Orc Rabbles.

My favourite units are dwarves and galadrims. I voted for galads because I prefer them when I play online.

neryan's Avatar Foederatus

I'd love it! It helps the dunlendings to have a few more options besides having 2 rows with just the same unit

Just one thing: the "special" dunlendings which are recruited by other faction's forges are just an invention or are they based on real facts?

Obviously, when I say "real" I mean if exists information about that in any book or film of LOTR or any other Tolkien has written
    Last edited by neryan; January 26, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Do you know the problem with the Iraqi army? They were using Russian defense tactics:

1. Engage the enemy. -

2. Draw him into your territory. -

3. Wait until winter sets in. -

looks like gondor is still everyone's favourite

soooo please, change back gondor's building form the blue roof to the orange roof

why? it looks better with the blue one, besides, it aint everyone favorites, being in lead with only one vote aint that much lol

Quote Originally Posted by neryan View Post
    I'd love it! It helps the dunlendings to have a few more options besides having 2 rows with just the same unit

Just one thing: the "special" dunlendings which are recruited by other faction's forges are just an invention or are they based on real facts?

Obviously, when I say "real" I mean if exists information about that in any book or film of LOTR or any other Tolkien has written
    BY official lore, Dunlendings are not exactly primitive people but a tribe that lives in the area and became rivals of the Eorlingas (Rohirrim). Technology wise, they're pretty close to the Rohirrim but without the horse-centric lifestyle since they didn't start as nomads like the people of Eorl. Middle-earth Total War got their depiction the closest to Tolkien lore.

Dunlendings in this mod are made more primitive because of their depiction in The Two Towers film as ragged mountain folk. If I made them close in tech and appearance to the Rohirrim, then they will appear like a brown cloth colored Dale and their gameplay would be too similar. Originally, the "stealing weapons and armor from enemy forges" were envisioned for the Goblins/Orc Rabbles. But the look and design of the Goblins were too unique that I was unwilling to give them enemy armor and weapon because then their better army would look nothing like they look in the (first) film. So I gave that to the Dunlendings. I'm planning to make them more armored-looking after they take over an enemy settlement.

The idea of this mod is to make each faction vary in gameplay, such that playing one faction doesn't feel like you're playing another faction except with different starting point, different color and one or two unique units. My principle in gameplay design is like that of Starcraft, where all 3 races are very unique, unlike a game like Age of Empires where all factions are the same except for a special unit or two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast