Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Change: Marian Reform Triggers

Default Re: Change: Marian Reform Triggers

Go to data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, make a back-up, find carthage's entry, add the 'italy' hidden resource, save, delete map.rwm, start a new game.

odil987's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Go to data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, make a back-up, find carthage's entry, add the 'italy' hidden resource, save, delete map.rwm, start a new game.

Aradan, what do you mean under this? I added "italy" hidden resource to every carthagian city. I did everything like this:

Sardinia
    Carali
    carthage
    Beronicensis
    198 35 13
    slaves, wine, dogs, cohorts, legion23, eastsouth, elite, italy
    ; 137, 128 / 134, 139

If I did something wrong, please tell me but I built imperial palaces in all roman settlements, is Rome too. But must I capture Tara in Italy? If yes, tell me. Or tell me what regions must I capture and where must I write "italy".

Please help me!!!

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

You only need to add it to the regions you want to function as triggers for the reforms. If you only want it for Carthage, then add it only in the carthage region, not in sardinia or wherever else. And don't forget to delete map.rwm.

The 'rules' are very clear. The reforms are triggered when a roman faction builds an imperial palace in a settlement the region of which has the italy HR. If you understand that, it's very easy to understand which settlements you must capture and what to do.

Also, make sure the reforms haven't been disabled on purpose by the mod developers.

odil987's Avatar Civis

You only need to add it to the regions you want to function as triggers for the reforms. If you only want it for Carthage, then add it only in the carthage region, not in sardinia or wherever else. And don't forget to delete map.rwm.

The 'rules' are very clear. The reforms are triggered when a roman faction builds an imperial palace in a settlement the region of which has the italy HR. If you understand that, it's very easy to understand which settlements you must capture and what to do.

Also, make sure the reforms haven't been disabled on purpose by the mod developers.
    Aradan, I added "italy" to Latium controlled by faction romans_seante. I captured it (used "surrender_regions romans_senate" cheat for it) and built the Imperial Palace (used "add_population "Roma" 4000" and "process_cq Roma" cheats). But it's not working! The "italy" hidden_resource is only in Latium region. I deleted map.rwm too, but I deleted it. So it's NOT WORKING!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

If the region has the 'rome' hidden resource, the reforms won't be triggered. Try adding the italy resource in some other region.

odil987's Avatar Civis

If the region has the 'rome' hidden resource, the reforms won't be triggered. Try adding the italy resource in some other region.
    Aradan, I added "italy" h_r to Capua, built an imperial palace in Capua, but the marian reforms didn't happend. How can I do it? Can you explain me step-by-step? Or can you show me what must I do? Just paste your region here, and show me where must I type "italy", like this:
    Campania
    Capua
    romans_julii
    Campanians
    198 13 174
    slaves, wine, dogs, cohorts, legion14, gladiators, home, italy
    ; 173, 145 / 176, 140

It hasn't got "rome" hidden_resource. I don't know whats the problem. I need to get marian reforms if I capture Rome and build there an Imperial Palace.

Please help me!!!

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

Is there a "marian_reforms_disabled" line at the top of descr_strat?

odil987's Avatar Civis

Is there a "marian_reforms_disabled" line at the top of descr_strat?
    No, there isn't. But please type here what must I do to get the marian reforms! Just write down what must I do. I did everything like you said. I edited descr_regions.txt, deleted map.rwm and started a new campaign. Is it wrong if I edit descr_regions.txt after I deleted map.rwm? If yes, how can I fix it? If not, why it isn't working?

Please help me!!!

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

odil987's Avatar Civis

Aradan, thanks for your help, it works. I had to delete map.rwm from all places.

Thanks for your help, man!

Long life to you!

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

odil987's Avatar Civis

Aradan, I have a question for you...

How can I remove the loyality? 'Cos when I recruit a general and a full legion and going to attack a settlement, they will join to the roman rebels. Can you help me to how to remove the loyality in SPQR 8.0 mod?

Please help!

Thanks

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

In descr_sm_factions, remove the "shadowed_by X" and "shadowing X" bits from the entries of the Romans and the rebels. And delete map.rwm.

odil987's Avatar Civis

In descr_sm_factions, remove the "shadowed_by X" and "shadowing X" bits from the entries of the Romans and the rebels. And delete map.rwm.
    Man, thank you. It worked.

And another question: Is it possible to recruit soldiers in a fort?

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

Nope.

odil987's Avatar Civis

And is it possible to retrain soldiers in a fort, or everywhere in the world like in Empire: Total War?

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

Outside a settlement, no.

odil987's Avatar Civis

....And another question: How can I make the "shield_wall" special ability to legionaries? I can't see anywhere this special ability and I want to add it to all legionaries.

I sometimes use testudo, but it can be removed for the shield_wall. Or is it possible to add 2 special abilities to a unit?

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

Only one special ability. In export_descr_unit, in the 'formation' line, replace "testudo" with "shield_wall".

odil987's Avatar Civis

Only one special ability. In export_descr_unit, in the 'formation' line, replace "testudo" with "shield_wall".
    Not working. I searched "shield_wall" in many .txt file, but nothing found. Maybe the "shield_wall" special ability isn'nt in this mod.
    But I need it!

Please help, thanks.

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

odil987's Avatar Civis

Please answer, thanks

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

odil987's Avatar Civis

Aradan, How can I be popular in the campaign when I start the campaign? I want to fast defeat the Senate, but I cannot attack the Senate until I become popular. So how can I be ppopular at the start?

Please help!

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast