Thread: Completely new map

Default Completely new map

technically if i were to want a new map all i would have to do is change the maps in ...maps/base folder right? cuz what im doing is geting the vanilla if bi maps and just replaceing them with other maps i created that are the same size that the original maps were.... are there text files (other than moving armies around so they not in water i have to also edit? or other map file that arent in base?
    i replaced :
    map_climates
    map_features
    map_heights
    map_regions
    map_ground_types
    map_roughness
    map_trade_routes
    water_surface

map_FE looked kinda useless so i left it alone. do i have to change this too?

before this i made the map only hold two regions (lucky it works like this) that way the transition would be easy and i wouldnt have to move like hundreds of regions cities and ports around.

when i replace them unfortunitly i get errors and CTD or KTM's are there other thigs i have to edit too? im totally lost here...

Default Re: Completely new map

wow thanks that helped a ton!!
    (lol sorry for asking so many questions)
    Also i get this error:
    Generic Error:

REGIONS_DB::default faction for region (1) isn't present in the descr_strat.txt file

I dont have a region called one so what is it looking for!?!?!?

Region one is the first (or second, can't remember if numbering in the region database starts with 0) region listed in descr_regions. Default factions there must also be present at the top of your descr_strat.

Yeah that was the problem and 1 means the second one thanxs