Thread: SPQR 4.x -> 5.0 ???

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

Default SPQR 4.x -> 5.0 ???

if i download 5.0 and install on top of SPQR 4.x (no other mods on the 4.X installation), will that work most likely? or not?

another question:

which text file is the one to modify unit build time?

i know the answer for question no2 i could have found elsewhere but if i make a post anyway i thought i d throw that question in as well

hope nobody is offended regardin "creating spam"

thx

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

‘LT I told you I’m down to my last 2 million I just afford another legion….’. *awakes all disoriented* Waa , wa what's going on......oh its you go away

*Wakes up annoyed* What you still here?!? Oh very I guess the only way to get rid of is tell you what you need to know. Ok first thing you need to is...

*trys to stay awake in vain* Uninstall......resinstall.....*by now he is really struggling*......................patch 2.1………. no...... 1.2........play prologue..........install Darth Mod or RTR which ever one you wanted just avoid that SQPR mod...........now leave......... *stays asleep until next poster comes in that could have avoided trouble if they read the READ ME*

you are a funny boy! well i read the readme and i know that with all major mods it is better to use a clean install, hrmpf sence some mods clash with others. but this are two mods from one person so the files that are modyfied might be the same/in the same way. at least there is a good chance they are. its not like mixing darthmod with terrae ex. or so. so thx freddy for putting some effort in creating a useless piece of information. well at least u tried to be funny

somebody else might be helpful and spend half the effort and time in helping out by just writing a line of real info hopefully

+EDIT+

if anybody wonders, i just tried it kamikaze style and it works (at so far, a few rounds and battles)
    Last edited by Ahlerich; January 20, 2006 at 03:44 PM.

you actually need to have a clean version of RTW 1.09 vanilla. Then you need to install SPQR V3.9, then you need to install SPQR V4.68. After that, you can install SPQR 5.0.

oh really?
    dammit, well if thats in the readme i must have missed that :-/ oh well it was a huge readme though ;]
    at least now i can play more confident and dont have to fear that the 5.0 on 4.68 will cause an ctd later in the game

Yes it should work but savedgame may be corrupted somehow. But yes you should.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004