Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval II: Total War announced

Default Medieval II: Total War announced

The Next Total War Game is Announced!

CA have officially announced the next game in the Total War series, Medieval II: Total War. Featuring an extensive campaign covering Europe and parts of the New World, it also has lots of graphics goodies that will make our jaws drop and our computers explode.

A vastly enhanced version of the Total War engine vividly portrays the pure bloodlust of Medieval warfare with massive battles of more than 10,000 troops splayed across new graphically rich environments. For the first time in the Total War series each troop is an individual, garbed with the rich heraldic colours and glinting arms and armour of the period.

On the battlefield they’ll survey their surroundings for threats and incoming opponents and react accordingly. When engaged they’ll string together a series of devastating moves as Medieval 2’s new combat animation brings the conflict to life like never before. Total War has never been so ferocious or realistic.

They have also announced the factions:

England, France, Scotland, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt, The Moors, The Mongols, The Tumurids, The Aztecs.

You can read the full article and see screenshots and more at their website. Now join us in celebration, and let's hope it lives up to the Total War name!
    Last edited by Justinian; January 21, 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

looks like they finally got rid of the eye blinding faction colors and added some blood. 'bout time!
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Awesome!

I guess there is no projected release date as of yet.

Nice, different models for same unit AWESOME!! Let's just hope AI is okay...

Quote Originally Posted by VaeVictis
    I guess there is no projected release date as of yet.
    Unfortunately they have said nothing about its release, but I would guess September-Christmas 2006, or possibly early 2007.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

"If you speak the Truth, have a foot in a stirrup." I would expect Spring 2007 and no sooner. They cant possibly get this baby out by christmas. Not if they want it to be as great as its name-sake. And it looks like the Period system has returned! Finally indivual campiagns to choose from! Who else will stand at the walls of Constantinople and fight off the Ottman invasion?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    Unfortunately they have said nothing about its release, but I would guess Christmas, or possibly early 2007.
    I wouldnt be surpised if its later this year, it looks by the screens that they already fairly far
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    -Mark Twain

No, they had awesome screens of RTW 2 years before release.

Quote Originally Posted by the celt
    I would expect Spring 2007 and no sooner. They cant possibly get this baby out by christmas.
    They said they'd been working on it for seven years, so . . . I dunno.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    They said they'd been working on it for seven years, so . . . I dunno.
    Good point. But they might still be working on things like the AI(god i hope so)But if your right i'd love to receive this as a christmas presey! @Fuji:They did? When? Oh you ment 2 as in too.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji
    No, they had awesome screens of RTW 2 years before release.
    good point...I guess its just wishful thinking on my part...sigh
    -Mark Twain

Let's just hope they don't hurry it, better wait another couple of months then get a unfinished game (RTW wasn't unfinished but still, it had much more potential...)

3dgamers posted winter 2006 for the release date ;-) that's gonna be tough competition for the new medieval mods on TWC... here is the link :

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/medieval2/

and remember how they fooled us with rtw screens before.

altho i am PISSING MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT right now lets try not to expect too much from them this time.

I dont want to experience the same disapointment i had for rtw all over again.

( damnit i cant play rtw anymore coz of the mtw2 screenies )

Conan the Barbarian "All anyone will remember is that few stood against many!!!"

Most men complacently accept knowledge as truth. They are sheep ruled by fear

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

I'm squealing like a little girl right now. This is gonna be awesome. It's cool that you can see the individual soldiers and their heraldry now. I'll be able to see my retainers personally sheathe their swords into the beating heart of mine enemies!

Edit: And I just read that they'll have assassination movie sequences. That means... THE NINJA MOVIES ARE BACK!!!! Glee!

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

BMV's Avatar Civis

Just want to say... wow !!! other few months of waiting

just a little thought guys .... i wonder if its the same for others

it really aggrevates me to see "SEGA" on the bottom of their announcement for some reason.

it makes me not wana buy it.

Conan the Barbarian "All anyone will remember is that few stood against many!!!"

Most men complacently accept knowledge as truth. They are sheep ruled by fear

Bah...another MTW. It would be nice if it had an extended campaign map that streetched across the entire Eurasian continent. I just don't want to see another Euro based game, unless it was Napoleonic era. Anyways, I guess these things can be modded.

But good christ those screen are sick. I'm gonna have to start saving now for a new comp to play that with.

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

Lets start with this now: What faction will you play as and who will you go to war with first!?

For me, I'll probably go with a german faction and march down to italy to create the "holy roman empire"!!!

Then I'll join a crusade and slay thousands of those holy land stealers!

aaargh, I can't wait

Alright! Looks awesome! Soldiers are now induviduals! So far they dont look too colourful either, more dark, grim and bloodied like they should!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast