• High Elves

92 60.93%
  • Silven Elves

59 39.07%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: High Elves Vs. Silvan Elves.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default High Elves Vs. Silvan Elves.

Whats your ideas, of which Elven Kingdom is the most elite?

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: High Elves. Vs. Silven Elves

The more elite are the high elves due to all the lore.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

High Elves (Noldor) are much superior to others (Sindar, Avari, Teleri, etc.) as warriors, however by the Third Age there were very few of them left in Middle-Earth.

Rivendell is probably the last predominantly Noldor settlement, the Havens being mostly Teleri.

Both Elrond and Galardriel are Noldor (Elrond is part human), however Galadriel's people are err Sindar mostly? Not Noldor anyway.
    My first Napoleon Total War multiplayer Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xh3SYHiGM

Sorry for my terrible English .

'When we exist death is not, and when death exists we are not' Epicuris (341 BC)

Does anyone have any info on what books would be good to find out more about the elves? I prefer the high elves to the silvian elves, as they are a bit more skilled, and their armor looks great. Obviously going off lore, High Elves are superior in ability and what have you, but if we're talking in-game, then I'm not sure who'd win, considering they play exactly the same for the most part.

It'd really come down to the individual commanders at that point, in my opinion. Elves in general are badass, so this is just a contest of which one is more badass.

Galadriel in her own, she is 1/4 Vanyar.

if you want to find out more about the High Elves and middle earth in general you should read the Similarion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir the White View Post
    High Elves (Noldor) are much superior to others (Sindar, Avari, Teleri, etc.) as warriors, however by the Third Age there were very few of them left in Middle-Earth.

Rivendell is probably the last predominantly Noldor settlement, the Havens being mostly Teleri.

Both Elrond and Galardriel are Noldor (Elrond is part human), however Galadriel's people are err Sindar mostly? Not Noldor anyway.
    The Elves of the havens have a good bit of Noldor blood mixed in as well from the Sindar Noldor unions which were quite common under some of the Noldor lords such as Turgon, But Mithrandir is correct there are very, very few Noldor of Aman left in Middle-Earth, so I think the balance about right score wise between the two. Most Noldor remaining in ME would have been born in Middle Earth not Aman. Though the sons Elrond seem mighty enough.

I really like the Silvan skins but have a weakness for heavy cavalry so I guess the High Elves.
    Last edited by muller227; January 22, 2011 at 03:20 AM.

jinjo's Avatar Senator

Default Re: High Elves Vs. Silvan Elves.

high elves have much more beautiful units than silvans for me

Dangor's Avatar Libertus

They High Elves are far superior lore wise IIRC though I've always had a soft spot for wood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrow View Post
    I prefer the high elves to the silvian elves, as they are a bit more skilled, and their armor looks great.
    Especially the Rainbow Warrior armour on their nobles, right?
    Obviously going off lore, High Elves are superior in ability and what have you, but if we're talking in-game, then I'm not sure who'd win, considering they play exactly the same for the most part.
    Because they base on archers? Dale bases on archers as well...

Tombl's Avatar Miles

Silvan elves! Guerrilla

Regarding question, High Elves are way more elite then Silvan elves.
    Acording to lore, game etc.
    As someone above stated, their numbers are low, and that sounds much alike "elite's" description.

But if you ment to ask who do we like better, then I have no freakin Idea. They are not all that much different, but I find High Elves much more boring to play, so I'd go with Silvan elves.

Dangor's Avatar Libertus

I don't remember where I read it but it mentioned that very few of the Silvan Elves that went to battle at Dagorlad survived, this was partly due to them not being used to face an enemy head on in open terrain and partly due to them being somewhat poorly trained and ill-equipped.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

High elves are the Noldor, the most powerful of all beings in Middle-earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    High elves are the Noldor, the most powerful of all beings in Middle-earth.
    How about Balrog? Nazguls? Sauron anyone?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Liamar View Post
    How about Balrog? Nazguls? Sauron anyone?
    Fingolfin hurt Melkor SEVEN TIMES and Feanor fought 10 balrogs at the same time! and the Nazgul are just "cursed men". any Noldor elf would kick their ass.

Nazguls fled every time they faced Glorfindel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
    Nazguls fled every time they faced Glorfindel.
    If I remember correctly there a some elves who could match the Nazgul. Elrond mentions it in the first book when Frodo tries to reach Imladris. Among them was Glorfindel, the twin sons of Elrond and others.

Most annoying is the difference TATW makes between the High Elves and the Silvan Elves. Technically Lorien should belong to the High Elves due to the relationsship between the rulers. ( Elrond married the daughter of Galadriel )

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Totally wrong: Noldor have never been superheroes, Fingolfin, Glorfindel and other are heroes, not normal noldors. Common Noldor warriors are still uber-elite compared to any race, but almost only because of their centuries of training. There aren't many of them still alive in middle earth, i think, and they are still killable, they are just VERY hard to hit

In LotR's timeline the most powerful being in Middle Earth were Sauron (by far), Gandalf, the Balrog, the Witch King, Galadriel, Glorfindel, Elrond, Cirdan, maybe some other i don't remember.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

How many elves are left realistically? I mean, would it even be remotely possible to have armies like in the mod, or would that be completely impossible to do?

I'm aware that Dale has heavy archers too, but the overall 'feel' and play-style of Silvian Elves and High Elves is basically the same. I try to set up in the wood, I set up archers this way, I have this unit behind them, retreat when enemy too close, etc etc. I don't really play Dale a lot, I find them uninteresting, but, eh.

Regarding the Warriors of Mithlond, at first I thought they looked, well, gay. But they've actually grown on me as I've examined their armor more and more, to the point where I almost prefer them to the regular elven soldiers. Their swords are pretty neat as well.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast