Thread: Political Affairs in the Curia

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Default Political Affairs in the Curia

The curia, or the whole of TWC for that matter, is starting to run like a country. And it seems there is a whole lot of politics going on, and mutual disagreements between members constantly show up. This wouldn't be an official proposal per se, but perhaps we should all classify ourselves to a political party on TWC. I would say that Simetrical has views quite different from some people, and a few people heartily agree with his proposals much of the time, just as an example. Are there politics and things related going on in TWC, stemming from the curia?

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I agree with George Washington on this issue. Stay away from political parties. And that I will.

There are unofficial parties.

They're called families; also there are the loose groups of agreeing minds, the Curialists and Imperialists.

There will always be political parties behind closed doors, but official ones? Why do we need them?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

That is what I said. Not official, just was curious about what people in the curia were. I am a conservative imperialist you could say. Justinian a curialist i'm guessing?

I don't think families are a form of those right? I don't think the houses have any play in TWC politics.

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Their are un-official parties, although they sometimes seem more official than non-official. An example of this is myself and the Black Prince. We would be classified as Curialists. Their are also people (Myself included) who like the "old ways", we're nostalgic like that :laughing: .

I'm unsure of this, but i'm sure staff will beat this into the ground when hearing of this. Parties exist, somewhat. About the staff comment, I only meant it from past experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_47
    I don't think families are a form of those right? I don't think the houses have any play in TWC politics.
    Depends on the house.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

I'm a liberal imperialist myself. Moderate on the imperialism, extreme on the liberalism.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Don't forget the pro-feudalism family... I think it's time the Curia becomes The High Court and the Senators become Lords....
    浪人 - 二天一

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Boo families, go Legions!

I mean...

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

I would be a far wing Curialist, as everyone is aware. I think I have ever gone non pro-curia once, which is of course the Civitates voting on new civs. Hmm... there must be something else, I am not that far curialist...

*Thinks hard. Hurts head. Goes back to not thinking.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl

I mean...
    What is this legion you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl

I mean...

I think it is time for a coup by the legions..And Rahl for head of the new police state, er, forum.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by brokenfingers
    What is this legion you speak of?

Legion of Rahl. Your are infact part of it.

We have long had plans to take over TWC, just never had the chance to strike.

*prolly shouldnt have said that

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Continuity of thought? In the House of Manji? Wahaha...just look at my direct patronage family if you want differences of opinion, hah.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    I'm a liberal imperialist myself. Moderate on the imperialism, extreme on the liberalism.
    exactly
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

I just vote on what I think is smart and manageable. I prefer to keep political thinking out of it.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

I believe "board democracies" are a terrible idea in the first place, you dont want to know what I think of "forum political parties". That literally makes me want to leave this board laughing my ass off all the way.

Online FORUMS are ment for neither. Christ, its like a bunch of people who are nobodies in real life want to streach their non-existant unsupported egos online. Thats all it is.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Kanaric that was harsh dude. It was all hope for the political parties, until you dashed them all over the floor of this board. BTW, it was just a question to people here, about their politcal afilliations in TWC.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

personally, i am of the opinion that parties limit change and encourage factionalism. a bad thing.

i personally would favour completely seperating moderation from government. moderators should be there to follow laws not create them. the creation and action of lawmaking should be done by a non factional civitate mass - moderated by the imperator or one of equal rank who should be the only one with a veto.

for example, do we see police making laws in any western nation? we certainly dont. in most western democracies any member of a parliament or senate can propose legislation in the form of a private members bill (or equivilant) which is then voted upon by the the entire parliament or senate.

the current form of government plainly isn't working. i dont want to say it, but if they cant sort it out something has to be done.

call me a democratic agitator!
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM