Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

bcookjr, I have sent a private message to Shokh asking for a new download link. In the meantime, if you would like to play as the United States, there are several options, including:-

- playing as the United States with husserlTW's Empire Total Factions mod, available from the 'Hosted Mods' forum, in the 'StartPos Mods' area. This mod includes improved AI (like Darthmod) can be combined with the Additional Units Mod (by Swiss Halberdier and a team of modders) or md1453's US units mod (available from the 'Unit Packs and Stats' page of the 'Mod Threads' forum) for a great experience.

- playing as the United States with husserlTW's Sturm und Drang mod, available from the 'Hosted Mods' forum, in the 'StartPos Mods' area. This mod includes a custom mission for the United States and different units recruitable in different American states.

- playing as the Thirteen Colonies using the famous Darthmod (by DarthVader and incorporating mods by others), which (of course) includes better AI and many impressive features.

- playing as the United States using my Early American Revolution mod, available from the 'Mod Threads' forum, in the 'Miscellaneous' page (there's a link in my signature). You could use my unit pack (available with this mod) or the Additional Units Mod or m1453's US units pack with this mod.

- playing as the Thirteen Colonies using my These United Colonies mod, available from the 'Mod Threads' forum, in the 'Miscellaneous' page (the image in my signature is a link to this mod; it allows you to start as the Thirteen Colonies, have a revolution and play the Thirteen Colonies as a republic, using the flag of the United States and the US roster of units rather than the Thirteen Colonies roster, plus extra historical units).

- playing as the Thirteen Colonies or the United States with The American Revolution mod (by a team of modders), available from the 'Hosted Mods' forum. This mod and my These United Colonies mod create specific historical units from the American Revolution. The American Revolution includes a far larger number of units for the American Revolutionary War than any other mod which I know about; it includes textures and other great features. These United Colonies adds some units from the French and Indian War, since it is intended to allow players to lead the Thirteen Colonies through both the French and Indian War and the American Revolutionary War.
    Last edited by Alwyn; July 25, 2015 at 02:15 AM.

Default Re: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

Is this still active? If so, I would like to enlist your help in making a complete overhaul mod for Empire making it into World War II.

The rules of TWC now allow people to distribute mods under certain conditions (for example, provided that the mod is not provided exclusively via Steam and provided the mod creator has not forbidden distribution - see the Rules tab for full information).

New Download Links

Below is a new download link for the mini-mod collection by shokh, Fortes and Okmin. All of the credit belongs to them. Instructions are in the OP.

You can also download the mini-mod collection, and their mods for playing as the Mughal Empire and the United States, from this mediafire folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 20, 2016 at 06:22 AM.

Will this modding service station be active in the future again?

People previously requested Shokh's mod for playing as the US. New download links are below.

Credit
    This mods, and all credit for it, belongs to Fortes, Okmin and Shokh.

What this mod does
    This mod unlocks the United States for play at the start of the Grand Campaign. You start with all of the regions which the Thirteen Colonies normally have in 1700.

More information is in the mod thread.

Known issues

This mod allows you to recruit most units from the roster of the United States, but the DLC units aren't recruitable.

How to install
    1. Download the files using the link below.

2. On a Windows PC, open your C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data/campaigns/main folder. Rename startpos.esf to something like vanilla_startpos.esf. When you start the Grand Campaign, the game uses the startpos.esf file in this folder to define the starting position. Move the vanilla startpos file somewhere else (for example, create a sub-folder called Vanilla Files). Rename scripting.lua to something like vanilla_scripting.lua and move it into your Vanilla Files sub-folder.

3. If you don't have 7zip, download 7zip and install it. Right-click on the zipped files and select Zip, then 'Extract to [file name]'.

4. Open the folder containing the startpos.esf, copy and paste the startpos.esf to
    C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data/campaigns/main folder. Copy and paste the scripting.lua file to the same folder. Copy the shokh_usa.pack to a different folder, C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data.

5. Check your installation. Are the modded startpos.esf and scripting.lua in the correct folder? Are they called startpos.esf and scripting.lua (if you renamed them, for example to modded_startpos.esf, the game won't use it)? Are they in the C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data/campaigns/main (if you put them in a sub-folder, they won't work.) Is the shokh_usa.pack in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data?

Download link

Click on the links to download the scripting.lua and the shokh_usa.pack files. You will also need the startpos file for this mod, which is available from TWC Downloads on this page.
    Attached Files Attached Files