Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

Default Re: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

Awesome! Thanks Shokh, great work, man

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Default Re: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Shokh & Fortes & Okmin - Service Station

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Done, here your file.

Extract and place the file in your data folder, that`s all.
    The amount of grenades cannot be modded, the same problem like artillery ammunition.
    Thanks a lot mate, keep up the great work!

Default Re: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

could you please change the name of prussia to "German Empire"
    I will either find a way, or make one
    -Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by King of Carthage View Post
    could you please change the name of prussia to "German Empire"
    You could probably figure out how to do this with 30 minutes of screwing around on the esf editor. I recently downloaded it and I recall seeing a value for faction names that I could have changed.

With the DB editor and Esf editor both in my toolkit their seems to be no limit to what I can do with empire and napoleon. Well I haven't figured out how to add new technologies or change their effects so I still need the mod I requested here.

madrush's Avatar Senator

may i request a mod? I would like to have Palestine as a faction with a persion culture not ottoman with israel as its secondary faction when palestine rebels, like the emergents

change istanbul to constantinople? please
    I will either find a way, or make one
    -Hannibal Barca

Hello
    can you try make a mode which is on the 1600s in the anglo powhatan war plz!!!! coz i really like that era i know there is a mode on 1600s but its not on the anglo powhatan war. Ive already asked Shugo560 to try and make it but he needs help.

so any word on which mod is going to be the next work in progress?

It also occurs to me. I've managed to give land combat almost perfect realism for the 18'th century, but I haven't really done anything with navel combat. The first thing I want to do is change the ship turning and movement speeds. I'm convinced that ships maneuver way to fast in ETW. But I don't have any information about how fast any given ship would actually move or turn, and without that information I can't really make realistic changes. Does anyone know where I might find some information about the performance of various 18'th century vessels as far as speed and maneuverability is concerned? or at least who I might ask or where I might repost this question?

edit: sorry about the double post, I probably should have just edited my previous post.

Hey guys. This weekend and the next days i have plenty to do. Also i didnŽt heard anything from the other two. I wrote them for about 1-2 weeks if the take tasks. Maybe the have no time.

So atm iŽm afraid i am alone here and time is limited. Hope this gets better soon. I really like to do this small requested mods.

@ insaneperson
    Maybe i can tell you what to do and you can finish the rest of your mod if you donŽt want to wait that long?

I'm still here, but like you and Okmin time is really limited.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

madrush's Avatar Senator

well how about my request? is it small enough or do i need to wait longer ?

Even the small requests cant be done yet, iŽm sorry.
    We really have to do the waiting list next, this guys are waiting now a while.

The problem is (but have also positive side effects) that in my beic team actually working only two men including me (we are a small team) and we have to finish the final intern test version this week.
    After that it should be a bit easier to find time for the waiting list and then we can do new requests.
    If another modder would join this Service Station Team we would be a bit more flexible. But he must can work alone, to introduce new modders costs more time then doing it self.

How is my request going?

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Hey guys. This weekend and the next days i have plenty to do. Also i didnŽt heard anything from the other two. I wrote them for about 1-2 weeks if the take tasks. Maybe the have no time.

So atm iŽm afraid i am alone here and time is limited. Hope this gets better soon. I really like to do this small requested mods.

@ insaneperson
    Maybe i can tell you what to do and you can finish the rest of your mod if you donŽt want to wait that long?
    Well I'm perfectly content to wait as I have just started a new campaign in M2TW(SS6.1 +many submods, at a pace of 12 turns per year) and it will be a while before I get back to empire.

But ya, I'm pretty sure if I just knew which values to change I could probably manage to make my own request(assuming of course that I only need the Esf and DB editors).
    I figure that what I need to know is as follows.
    1. How to add new technologies
    2. How to change the end date for completing faction objectives
    3. How to add new units
    4. How to set a new technology to unlock a new unit(and to lock the old units)in the campaign
    5. How to set which animation a unit is using to load his weapon.
    6. How to add new weapons(to give to the new units)
    7. Anything you thought of that I haven't
    8. More as I think of them or run into problems

Thanks for the offer.

Also, totally unrelated to my request here(but still related to my desire to continually improve ETW) does anyone know where I can find information on ship speed and maneuverability in the 18'th century?

@ ongoing requests:
    I can begin with the other projects of the waiting list in about one week. Till them i will sadly find no time. Sorry mates.

@ insane:
    I would say we make this step by step.

Tech
    First of all, you cannot build in a new tech with effects they are not yet ingame.
    What means exact, you have to change an existing tech and adjust the effects of them.
    You also can change the icon, research time, position.
    Take at first a look into the db table tech_effects where you can which effects are able to use.

End Date
    This is set in the victory condition tables in the ESF file.
    Their are different victory conditions for the factions, but not all faction have one. This can be added by copying an existing one and rename the faction.
    In their you can set end date, key regions etc.

Other questions
    There are quite good threads how to create new units, weapons, or animations for the game. Simple browse the sections in the Mod Workshop Forums - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=651

If you have any questions, let me know mate.

shokh,

I dont mind if this mod request goes on the waiting list but I was wondering if it is possible to have the Ottoman organ gun made recruitable by the USA. i know that its not historically correct but think it would be fun. If it can be done for vanilla or dm 6.9 let me know. once again no rush it can go on the waiting list. thanks.

the_dude2's Avatar Libertus
    Somewhere in a cardbored box in Cincinnati, Ohio

I know everyone wants thier mods out but im laughing at the fact after he saids to not make any more reqeusts for a while and everone seems to make one
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives," William Wallace
    :sparta:

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Yup
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Indefinitely Banned

Is this only for empire?