Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

ehm if I understand correctly getting of this symbol should cause CTD, but it did no CTD to me?

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    could any1 post a saved game? i mean in my other campaigns in RSII i had advanced very far and its boring to do it again so could some1 post a save game that brings me to after the reforms?
    here is a savegame one turn before reforms trigger, north africa, greece and west turkey are conquered, 610 AUC

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by NerZhulen View Post
    ehm if I understand correctly getting of this symbol should cause CTD, but it did no CTD to me?

I tried with half a dozen different characters...everytime I had a general in the settlement to trigger the ancillary it went CTD......now Iam even more pissed as I dont know whats goin on

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    1. Thats your arguments ? ..Its sort of irrelevant as their stats are all the same and only differ from the Republican Polybians in +1 attack/defense/morale...only recruitment is limited to certain areas as they are numbered
    2. the trigger is Imperial Palace in Akragas...apart from that you need the proper infrastrucutre in place in all other citys to recruit the different numbered legions and thats quite a few buildings up to nearly the entire barrack tree up to 5th level for hamatas and 6th level for segmentata ones + a bunch of other different buildings...read the release thread of RSII
    3. If you would have played the game you would know what builidngs you need for polybians...which let me doubt about your previous statements that you advanced pretty far in another Roman RSII campaign

as a general rule in RTW game...ASAP/AFAP is almost ever cheat or exploit of the game mechanic
    to be honest Iam not sure if this is the right game for you anyway

1. i just like the look you know... my preference
    2. yeah i know this but what buildings do u build to speed up population growth? and why akragas?
    3. no not that far... but i just started playing this like 2/3 weeks ago and can only play on weekends so.. yeah not that far...

here is a savegame one turn before reforms trigger, north africa, greece and west turkey are conquered, 610 AUC
    thx

Nicomedia region has in describtion
    Legio / I.FF
    but he can produce
    IIII Flavia Felix and XVI Flavia Firma

I can confirm that rebel armies at civil war does not do anything, it actually looks like that they do not even get moovment points.

When I attacked theyr legion and killed most of it, the rest felt back into theyr region. Next turn I attacked those few leftover soliders and they did not even retreat, like they was not able to. The guy on campaign map is even after turn still in squat position as when out of moovment points or when abushing, but his position is not at trees where you can ambush.

From some reason ephesos is unable to build curia hostilia after the fortress, maybe its caused by this building...

I can confirm that rebel armies at civil war does not do anything, it actually looks like that they do not even get moovment points.

When I attacked theyr legion and killed most of it, the rest felt back into theyr region. Next turn I attacked those few leftover soliders and they did not even retreat, like they was not able to. The guy on campaign map is even after turn still in squat position as when out of moovment points or when abushing, but his position is not at trees where you can ambush.
    ...I have no idea whats causing this... I have not changed anything apart from changing the trigger from => 85 Settlements to => 95 Settlements..
    Did you ever reach Civl war in the normal 1turn Campaign to see if the poblem is inherited ?...Cause i can not think of any reason why this should happen because of my changes as they really did not touch anything of the vanilla script...I only added things...
    I will reacitvate the 1Turn Campaign I used for teting to push it to 85 Settlements to see whats happen then...

From some reason ephesos is unable to build curia hostilia after the fortress, maybe its caused by this building...
    vanilla RSII bug then...post it here:
    Roma Surrectum II: Suggestions, issues with One-Turn Campaign

EDIT: The same goes for the civil war thing...post it in the issues thread, too.
    I think the problem is coming from the vanilla 1 Turn Campaign
    Last edited by chris10; February 14, 2011 at 02:21 PM.

I found the reason...
    Have a look at the screen...Thrace is dead and therefore no AI will control the units if they spawn
    Attachment 140696

Iam very sorry but this campaign is screwed
    No way to fix this.
    The Rebel Faction Thrace has to be alive therefore they own the Settlement on the Iland.
    This is a RSII bug which has to be adressed and I have already spoken to dvk to see what we can do about it, if there can be done something at all...

lol , I knew it has to be alive... I was thinking its heavilly guarded what happend to them lol...
    maybe this will help you, when i got africa the most south area in there which has no settlement had color as the rebels do, than after some years suddenly it went black.. I send scouts there but didnt find anything...

nothing is screwed, I would pwn them quick anyway... and continue with easterns
    btw the spawned armies for rebels in civil war are very very weak... much weaker than the armies spawned after capitols are captured... even weaker than armies from rebel upheaval...

btw the spawned armies for rebels in civil war are very very weak... much weaker than the armies spawned after capitols are captured... even weaker than armies from rebel upheaval...
    yeah but diont forget I pimped the slave faction too and maybe you noticed that there are no spawned Roman Rebel Legions...just garrisons..the legions are supposed to be spawned once Thrace starts recruiting units, which will not happen in this case as the AI is not working...so the rebels are dead meat ...just a pity

no no no..., there were spawned roman rebel legions, exactly 2 in south gaul (I dont remember theyr numbers), 2 in north italy, 2 at rome, 1 at macedonia, they had 10 cohorts some cavalry, auxilia units and siege unit, but these armies lacked chevrons armors and good composition

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey Chris, I'm not sure if this already brought up, but how 'bout changing the reforms requirement? Say, You have you have an Imperial palace not only in Akragas but also Carthago Nova and Carthage?
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    Hey Chris, I'm not sure if this already brought up, but how 'bout changing the reforms requirement? Say, You have you have an Imperial palace not only in Akragas but also Carthago Nova and Carthage?
    Would love to but Iam afraid thats not possible. The reform is triggered by the FIRST Imperial Palace built in a Province with the hidden ressource Italy. This is hardcoded and can not be changed or altered , only way influencing the event is by the hidden ressource Italy but it will trigger with the Imperial Palace no matter what.
    In SPQR mod they fool players by telling them they have to have an Imperial Palace in all of Carthages starting Provinces but in reality the reform is triggered by finishing the Imperial Palace in "Tingi" which is usually one of the last provinces conquered by the player in his Carthage War and therefore the last which will be able to build the Palace...very clever but just a trick...
    Another possibility would be disable to event altogehter and script the reform but thats an enormous long script and involves checking Settlements for lots of different structures and spawning truckloads of buildings (especially difficult in RSII as you need so much buildings in place for numbered Legions), so thats not an option...It would take the entire infrastructure building challenge away...
    Last edited by chris10; February 17, 2011 at 04:21 AM.

How 'bout a very far away city then? Say Pergamon?
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post

How 'bout a very far away city then? Say Pergamon?
    Somehow I feel that a lot a people would complain about the fact that they have to conquer half map in order to trigger the reform let alone start building up the Legions then...
    On the other hand Pergamon will be already a huge city when the player will conquer it and trigger the reform instantly on conquering.
    I really would love to tie the trigger to various citys but thats just not possible. I pondered a lot about the reform but all options seemed worse than Akragas.
    Of course I can give Akragas a hidden gowth malus which would make it more difficult to reach the 24.000 but obviously everybody can still cheat with recruit and disband.

Yeah, lol. I just want the reforms to be triggered a little later than the conquest of Carthage as the reform right now come a little too fast if one know what they're doing.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven

You can still simply not build the palace. That's what I did to trigger it on the appropriate date...

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    You can still simply not build the palace. That's what I did to trigger it on the appropriate date...
    simple and true...I do the same