Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLON View Post
    chris10
    this bug only in version 1.3.3 or in 1.2 too ?

" Legion Ancillary Legio I Germanica from Arretium causes CTD on trigger
    All files are ok but still it goes CTD...unitl I have not reworked the Ancillarys of found the reason for the CTD do not put a named Character into Arretium
    after building the Roman Fortress."
    ALL versions...dont know where the problem is...I look for another solution but as it would not be savecompatible Iam not going to implement it now to not screw campaigns up
    Last edited by chris10; February 07, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

what the conditions for the uprising of Spartacus?
    FOR MOTHER RUSSIA

WarHorns v2.2 http://upload.com.ua/get/902789508/Warhorns v2.2.rar
    Knyaz Svjatoslav -http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=15186

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Lilybaeum region has in describtion only VII legion, it can recruit VII and XI.
    Sardinia and Corsica regions have in describtion VII and XI, and both can recruit VII and VIII.

There are two kinds of IIIrd legion, in messana you can recruit Legio III Augusta Iterum Pia Iterum Vindex, in genoa its Legio III Gallica. They need a suffix to the describtion of regions like its done with legion I (I.FF and I.MI)
    Last edited by NerZhulen; February 07, 2011 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLON View Post
    what the conditions for the uprising of Spartacus?
    you will know when it bites you in your butt...

Quote Originally Posted by NerZhulen View Post
    Lilybaeum region has in describtion only VII legion, it can recruit VII and XI.
    Sardinia and Corsica regions have in describtion VII and XI, and both can recruit VII and VIII.

There are two kinds of IIIrd legion, in messana you can recruit Legio III Augusta Iterum Pia Iterum Vindex, in genoa its Legio III Gallica. They need a suffix to the describtion of regions like its done with legion I (I.FF and I.MI)
    thnx...will have that in mind but during the campaign a fix would not show up anyway..its savecompatible but not running campaign updating...

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Hello chris...

1)Weird thing this Greek expansion...is there a way for you to make adjustments with the scripts to fix this or other nations crazy expansion??? because i prefer not to use force diplomacy or console command to stop them...
    2)Also i personaly dont mind start new campaigns to test things and i have free time for at least a 4 days so if i can help you with testing something please feel free to ask me... ...
    3)So we wiil have many interesting changes with the new patch from RS team...any clue about their release???
    4)What are you have in mind for now??? any update or waiting for the patch...???

Sorry for asking questions all the time mate...but im very interested with your mod...my girlfriend feels jealous and neglected since i started to play 5good emperors...keep in mimd that...

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    1)Weird thing this Greek expansion...is there a way for you to make adjustments with the scripts to fix this or other nations crazy expansion??? because i prefer not to use force diplomacy or console command to stop them...
    2)Also i personaly dont mind start new campaigns to test things and i have free time for at least a 4 days so if i can help you with testing something please feel free to ask me... ...
    3)So we wiil have many interesting changes with the new patch from RS team...any clue about their release???
    4)What are you have in mind for now??? any update or waiting for the patch...???
    Sorry for asking questions all the time mate...but im very interested with your mod...my girlfriend feels jealous and neglected since i started to play 5good emperors...keep in mimd that...
    Cheers...
    1. Iam afrid no..nothing to do about that..after all the AI is hardcoded and with more and more scripts the balance will be screwed up elesewhere..
    2. campaings are very long...before I fix the ancillary I want have patch 2.2 to implement the new traits which requiere a restart anyway but before I dont want to screw an ongoing fun campaign..it would not worth it for only a minor fix...
    3. yes..a great reworked traits system----no clue when its done
    4. waiting for 2.2..in the meantime I prepare some minor things for the late campaign and go on observing my own campaign to detect possible flaws...
    5. cmon...you rellay should take more care of your girlfriend ...after all, the persons around us are a lot more important than a video game ever could be...

Quote Originally Posted by chris10
    1. Iam afrid no..nothing to do about that..after all the AI is hardcoded and with more and more scripts the balance will be screwed up elesewhere...
    Ok...i was just thinking for a script that auto takes money from them when they over do it...is this possible or also hardcoded...???

5. cmon...you rellay should take more care of your girlfriend ...after all, the persons around us are a lot more important than a video game ever could be...
    I know mate...I was just kidding...

I use vannila sea. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Ok...i was just thinking for a script that auto takes money from them when they over do it...i
    yeah...RSII comes with that but in 1Turn this is nearly irrelevant as recruiting armys takes quite a while and most factions will receive an emergency army every 3 turns once they only hold 1 or 2 settlements..so all in all things should level each other a bit...only thing I implemented is that factions loose money if they become to big but this is only a static monitor an no dynamic update...
    the engine is very limited..

Quote Originally Posted by Joongen View Post
    I use vannila sea. I like it
    what do you mean...the water?

yeah...RSII comes with that but in 1Turn this is nearly irrelevant as recruiting armys takes quite a while and most factions will receive an emergency army every 3 turns once they only hold 1 or 2 settlements..so all in all things should level each other a bit...only thing I implemented is that factions loose money if they become to big but this is only a static monitor an no dynamic update...
    the engine is very limited..
    Ok mate...I understand the limitations...lets wait for the 2.2 patch...maybe issues like this one will be balanced a bit somehow...

what do you mean...the water? [/QUOTE]

yes nice vannila blue sea :-)) it works

Heptagenia's Avatar Civis

same question again. Have you change something in descr_strat.txt in hotfix 1.3.1 to 1.3.3?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Heptagenia View Post
    same question again. Have you change something in descr_strat.txt in hotfix 1.3.1 to 1.3.3?
    [/QUOTE]

No..not that I remember...

No..not that I remember...[/QUOTE]

ok thanks. /Hep
    Last edited by Heptagenia; February 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heptagenia View Post
    ok thanks. /Hep
    I saw you where not convinced and that you said Hannibals Army had no Elephants and stuff...
    this is the descr_strat from 1.3.3...
    as you see...all there...
    Attachment 139623

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    I saw you where not convinced and that you said Hannibals Army had no Elephants and stuff...
    this is the descr_strat from 1.3.3...
    as you see...all there...
    Attachment 139623
    yes i saw what / buenas noches Hep

could any1 post a saved game? i mean in my other campaigns in RSII i had advanced very far and its boring to do it again so could some1 post a save game that brings me to after the reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    could any1 post a saved game? i mean in my other campaigns in RSII i had advanced very far and its boring to do it again so could some1 post a save game that brings me to after the reforms?
    Why play it anyway then ?...
    The fun of this scenario consists in the fact that it is considerably harder to expand and to hold ground if you play by the rules and without cheats and exploits of the engines flaws.
    I dont say that after the reform the rest is a cakewalk but the biggest part of the initial fun is due to the high resistance the player will find...

well... thats not quite what i meant i mean i dont find pre-marian reform legions.... well..... attractive..... u know..... just want to play with more variety of legions and i prefer sq shields to oval...

so.. how do i get the reforms afap without cheats?

and what buildings do i build to be able to recruit the polybian legions afap?
    Last edited by raphael; February 11, 2011 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post

1. well... thats not quite what i meant i mean i dont find pre-marian reform legions.... well..... attractive..... u know..... just want to play with more variety of legions and i prefer sq shields to oval...
    2. so.. how do i get the reforms asap without cheats?

3. and what buildings do i build to be able to recruit the polybian legions asap?
    1. Thats your arguments ? ..Its sort of irrelevant as their stats are all the same and only differ from the Republican Polybians in +1 attack/defense/morale...only recruitment is limited to certain areas as they are numbered
    2. the trigger is Imperial Palace in Akragas...apart from that you need the proper infrastrucutre in place in all other citys to recruit the different numbered legions and thats quite a few buildings up to nearly the entire barrack tree up to 5th level for hamatas and 6th level for segmentata ones + a bunch of other different buildings...read the release thread of RSII
    3. If you would have played the game you would know what builidngs you need for polybians...which let me doubt about your previous statements that you advanced pretty far in another Roman RSII campaign

as a general rule in RTW game...ASAP/AFAP is almost ever cheat or exploit of the game mechanic
    to be honest Iam not sure if this is the right game for you anyway
    Last edited by chris10; February 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM.