Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    I have no issues with the coward trait since I win almost every battle...
    Neither I...only bad luck...5% chance on unit routing is 5% chance ...realistic I think
    Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    Only time I lost was against Hannibal's army...
    You made his starting army stronger didn't you?

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    I'll take that as a yes
    Noticed the Elephants too...
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by drecie14
    I'll take that as a yes
    Noticed the Elephants too...
    I also noticed them....smashed me once...but i came back again and beat them to death with a couple of mice...

I thought none of Hannibal's elephants survived when entering Italy.

Though losing at Trebia, I managed to kill the elephants until one was left. It died later when Hannibal siege Arretium.

P/S: BTW, what does the option 32-bit UI in reference.txt do?
    Last edited by naq; January 26, 2011 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10
    Of course Iam aware of the issue...Thing is I never replaced it because despite the fact that I only played with Alex until now I never had a CTD related to the formations.txt bug...it seems this only happens when ambushed but like I never get ambushed......
    The player very very rarely gets ambushed by an entire stack and for any less most likely will use autoresolve...so I let the files just untouched because I had no need to touch them...
    If you wanna change the formations.txt file then you are free to do so....just follow the instructios...
    For Five Good Emperors I will not change them because lots of poeple play with BI and even some with RTW
    Hello mate...do you remember that matter we talked about??? yesterday i had a CTD from this issue so i would like to ask you so if i want to put or replace that fix file we said and put it in my Emperors modfolder which are that certain instructions you mentioned???? because i dont want to mess things...so i must edit the descr_formations_ai.txt or just replace it with the one provided from important stuff????
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM.

probably ..the traits will get a little overhaul in the next RSII patch...so this is an issue which is going to be fixed...anyway...if people play the right way they never have to deal with "Empire in Ruin" ...
    Sephiroth is right, that's what I'm talking about. Unfortunately it isn't that easy to circumvent, because it can happen very fast. For me it was at game start, maybe a few turns in, when my leader didn't develope any "hated" traits, but one single of the governors got poor economy. This vanished fast, but after, he was a little bit unusable for his city, because he - still having that penalty but hidden - forced me to build lots of happyness buildings instead of economy. Removed him to lead an army then....

Anyway, back to your great submod!
    (Just wrote this under the impression the topic would get a bit of attention here and maybe make it to the dev board - along with the hoplite movement/lining up bug? )

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8
    Anyway, back to your great submod!
    (Just wrote this under the impression the topic would get a bit of attention here and maybe make it to the dev board - along with the hoplite movement/lining up bug? )
    Im also interested about this issues mate...I also hope dev will see that post or someone alarms him...

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    ...so i must edit the descr_formations_ai.txt or just replace it with the one provided from important stuff????
    I think replace it but I would read the instructions if there are any...I know I read someting somewhere regarding this matter but I forgot where and when,sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    I thought none of Hannibal's elephants survived when entering Italy.
    Though losing at Trebia, I managed to kill the elephants until one was left. It died later when Hannibal siege Arretium.
    P/S: BTW, what does the option 32-bit UI in reference.txt do?
    Not really..he had Elephants until Trebia...at the particular battle setted in the 1Turn in reality he was down to 1 elephant but anyway,.... they are in as a dramtic element for gameplay reasons..and I feel ok with it
    UI is User Interface I think..may have to do with the resolution but Iam not 100% sure
    Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    and maybe make it to the dev board - along with the hoplite movement/lining up bug? )
    this thing is weird but not really gamebreaking...I had it on some units when playing Sparta...its known but nobody knows whats causing it so there is no way to fix it at the moment Iam afraid...
    Last edited by chris10; January 27, 2011 at 06:43 AM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

The Roman rebels seem to be in control of the terra incognita? I assume this is an error, somehow?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    The Roman rebels seem to be in control of the terra incognita? I assume this is an error, somehow?
    no error.....this is the map how Spartan666 made it...
    I was surprised too but once you got used to it, it wont matter...its empty space anyway

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

no error.....this is the map how Spartan666 made it...
    I was surprised too but once you got used to it, it wont matter...its empty space anyway
    I suppose when you put it like that, I'm over it already

Signature made by Joar

[QUOTE=chris10;]I think replace it but I would read the instructions if there are any...I know I read someting somewhere regarding this matter but I forgot where and when,sorry

No problem mate...thanks for the answer anyway i'll find a solution...

i can't find Five Good Emperors in the launcher.i deleted the launcher from the desktop,created shortcut in the launcher folder, moved it to the desktop.i downloaded five good emperors 1.2.... i fixed it....
    Last edited by apulum; January 29, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

I have few bugs in siege battles.

1) soldiers hove problem clib in siege towers. They walk in and out towers and only road is clicking on stop and move :-(
    2) 2 or 3 soldier lost the formation and all formation is absolutele dezoriented and disobedent

I have same problems in RS II so i think that is egine problem

Quote Originally Posted by Joongen View Post
    I have few bugs in siege battles.

1) soldiers hove problem clib in siege towers. They walk in and out towers and only road is clicking on stop and move :-(
    2) 2 or 3 soldier lost the formation and all formation is absolutele dezoriented and disobedent

I have same problems in RS II so i think that is egine problem
    true..both described issues are engine problems which is also present in vanilla RTW...little I can do about it...

Buddy
    Why battle so long ?
    Which version export_descr_unit do you use?
    2.0 or 2.1а ?
    You change something in descr_strat file, or he is from vanilla RSII ?
    FOR MOTHER RUSSIA

WarHorns v2.2 http://upload.com.ua/get/902789508/Warhorns v2.2.rar
    Knyaz Svjatoslav -http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=15186

Quote Originally Posted by SLON View Post
    Buddy
    1. Why battle so long ?
    2. Which version export_descr_unit do you use?
    2.0 or 2.1а ?
    3. You change something in descr_strat file, or he is from vanilla RSII ?
    1. Because the enemy is smarter and more experienced Its 1Turn ..so there is no battle spam anyway..
    2. In 2.0 there where no 1 Turn Roman Campaign....so its 2.1...but its all amended for this scenario
    Of course...truckloads of things changed, not only in the descr_strat...this is a kick ass scenario for very experienced players

All files used in this scenario are essential and have been amended especially for this scenario and can not be replaced by vanilla files without breaking some of the new features.

1. Because the enemy is smarter and more experienced Its 1Turn ..so there is no battle spam anyway..
    2. In 2.0 there where no 1 Turn Roman Campaign....so its 2.1...but its all amended for this scenario
    Of course...truckloads of things changed, not only in the descr_strat...this is a kick ass scenario for very experienced players

All files used in this scenario are essential and have been amended especially for this scenario and can not be replaced by vanilla files without breaking some of the new features.
    I understand.
    Thank you.
    FOR MOTHER RUSSIA

WarHorns v2.2 http://upload.com.ua/get/902789508/Warhorns v2.2.rar
    Knyaz Svjatoslav -http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=15186

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Communal tribute lvl 1
    incerase tax 10%
    incerase happines -20%
    incerase law -10%

this building should incerase income at the cost of happiness, but now it decerase your income, the loss of law cause more money loss from corruption than you get from 10% tax

result, completely useless building tree

Quote Originally Posted by NerZhulen View Post
    result, completely useless building tree
    Thats not true

Quote Originally Posted by NerZhulen View Post
    Communal tribute lvl 1
    incerase tax 10%
    incerase happines -20%
    incerase law -10%
    this building should incerase income at the cost of happiness, but now it decerase your income, the loss of law cause more money loss from corruption than you get from 10% tax
    I did not touch these things but you see it only isolated and therefore your calculation may be right mathematically for that particular building level and that particular city developement but it misses totally the point...if you raise the law by building law buildings and have a good governor the effect will turn into your favor...building bonuses have never to be calculated only on their current level but have to be seen in context with other buildings...this particular building tree can give you up to +40% tax income IF you counter the law and happiness loss...
    now in a small city this can have low impact because the tax level is low anyway..so the 40% increase may not reward you due to the huge happiness and law loss...
    if a city has 50.000 population and 25.000 income....then 40% is considerably and it worths the money to build all those law temples and other bonus buildings...
    What I want to say...ALL citys worth building these buildings as It only depends on how you combine their bonuses in order to get a huge income and its no contradiction that at this particular point you may encounter a loss when building that particular building..