Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

will try a new install of the submod, yes.
    And yeah, I really did not miss that warning!

edit: the update somehow solved my problem. mystical. maybe voodoo you're right...
    Last edited by DeWitt8; January 23, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    edit: the update somehow solved my problem. mystical. maybe voodoo you're right...
    glad that it helped...maybe your script was corrupted on download....anyway...fixed is fixed

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Congrats from this thread also mate...+rep from me...you were very helpful and i really like you mod...im waiting for further updates from you...also which exe do you use for your mod most times???? do you suggest Alex exe????
    Cheers...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 24, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Wow! What a mod.

I just survived the rebellion and Hannibal and I barely escaped by the hair on my chinny chin chin! Now the cash is swimming in but I am still sorely underdeveloped militarily and economically. Thus, I am going to take a good 20-30 yrs to build a strong military bases, economic centers, and spy/assasin/diplomatic corps before I venture out and take it to Carthage.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Congrats from this thread also mate...+rep from me...you were very helpful and i really like you mod...im waiting for further updates from you...also which exe do you use for your mod most times???? do you suggest Alex exe????
    Cheers...
    thnx...very kind....I play on alex.exe because of the retraining ability...dont know if BI would change the campaign (cause of more naval invasions). I think both worth a try. Once I finish this I will do a campaign with BI without perfect_spy and toogle_fow (which I use now to observe how things going) to play a genuine game...

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    Wow! What a mod.
    I just survived the rebellion and Hannibal and I barely escaped by the hair on my chinny chin chin! Now the cash is swimming in but I am still sorely underdeveloped militarily and economically. Thus, I am going to take a good 20-30 yrs to build a strong military bases, economic centers,
    thnx...Iam glad you had an intense start......yes...It looks that at the start you have big income but once you start expanding money will be a bit shorter...Iam stillworking on the ecnomy though but I had the impression that the pre-Marian time was ok "moneywise" spoken. I had lots of moments where I had 0 denarii and lacked money to retrain quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    and spy/assasin/diplomatic corps before
    careful there...their upkeep is about 10 times more than it was previoulsy...
    Spys/Assasins: 500
    Diplomat: 700

EDIT...errrr...crap..just noticed my leader got the Coward trait ...what a coincidence...the % is set to 5%...I ran into a stack when I transferred him manually with his unit from Spain to Rome...he lost the battle obviously and got that damn coward thing...now my Governours start getting economic depression traits.....well...at least he is not very young so I have only a short me left with him (not gonna cheat him away by "boatsinking") and additionally its a great opportunity to observe how the faction leader influences the economy and other Governours.
    Last edited by chris10; January 24, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Regarding the economic depression trait:
    I noticed on three different occasions my governors getting this trait, now there are uprisings in the city, then loosing it again, but the revolts won't go away. In fact, even when developing positive economy trait, this only battles the revolts caused by the not longer existant negativ trait.
    That's really weird and easy to confirm, since the governor has no other negative traits, and moving him out of the city causes people to be happy again...

Probably it's not related to your submod though...

I noticed on three different occasions my governors getting this trait, now there are uprisings in the city, then loosing it again, but the revolts won't go away. In fact, even when developing positive economy trait, this only battles the revolts caused by the not longer existant negativ trait.
    That's really weird and easy to confirm, since the governor has no other negative traits, and moving him out of the city causes people to be happy again...
    Maybe your Leader is hated by the people....maybe thats the reason for the revolts ?
    I tend to think the economic depression trait is triggered by some bad leader traits and the overall situation because before my Leader got the coward my governours where all close to genius (truckloads of influene and management)
    Regarding this campaign....I did not touch anything in the traits....

have you fixed the "coward" trait yet?

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    have you fixed the "coward" trait yet?

fixing this trait does not mean eliminate it from the game...it only means to adjust it the right way so that is does not trigger on every second character...
    and yes...its fixed...nevertheless It still can happen in ocasions like with my Faction Leader now ..
    anyway..its the only coward until now in the entire campaign...a bit unlucky to get it for the leader though

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Not a good trait for a Romann aristocrat, you better off him

Signature made by Joar

Hi CHRIS10
    1)Maybe you want to check this thread about the coward fix....(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...&page=3)...its post 51..this file completely fixes the coward trait...can we use it in your mod??? and how????
    2)For us who use Alex.exe, in the important files folder there is a file about ai formations which we must merge into our modfolder campaings....
    what about this file???? do we have to use it and put it in your modfolder or not????

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Not a good trait for a Romann aristocrat, you better off him
    ....but that would be cheating Consti......
    naaah...Rome had some fairly bad leaders from time to time...Consuls and Emperors....
    I will keep him and watch how economy detoriates and to which degree...perfect time as I can check the minimum income on a certain epxansion to tweak it down to the point where it hurts or even further to make conquest a must for economic survival...that would be the perfect setting I think....well, just dreamin.

Hi CHRIS10
    1)Maybe you want to check this thread about the coward fix....(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410826&highlight=coward+general+fix&page=3)...its post 51..this file completely fixes the coward trait...can we use it in your mod??? and how????
    2)For us who use Alex.exe, in the important files folder there is a file about ai formations which we must merge into our modfolder campaings....
    what about this file???? do we have to use it and put it in your modfolder or not????
    thnx mate but the coward trait is fixed in Five Good Emperors...but fixed does not mean removed from the game ...it can happen (chance is 5% on unit routing which is fairly realistic) and it happend just to my Faction Leader...bad luck but nothing dramatic really...have a look at post 45 of the same thread ..who was it ?
    Last edited by chris10; January 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10
    thnx mate but the coward trait is fixed in Five Good Emperors...but fixed does not mean removed from the game ...it can happen and it happend just to my Faction Leader...bad luck but nothing dramatic really...have a look at post 45 of the same thread ..who was it ?
    Thats funny my friend ...i didnt notice your post at this thread...sorry
    Thanks for your quick reply...

What about the question number 2???? are you aware of this file???? i will give you the thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390419) post 3 from dvk the master...i think its important for preventing a bug...

Thats funny my friend ...i didnt notice your post at this thread...sorry
    Thanks for your quick reply...
    What about the question number 2???? are you aware of this file???? i will give you the thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390419) post 3 from dvk the master...i think its important for preventing a bug...
    Of course Iam aware of the issue...Thing is I never replaced it because despite the fact that I only played with Alex until now I never had a CTD related to the formations.txt bug...it seems this only happens when ambushed but like I never get ambushed......
    The player very very rarely gets ambushed by an entire stack and for any less most likely will use autoresolve...so I let the files just untouched because I had no need to touch them...
    If you wanna change the formations.txt file then you are free to do so....just follow the instructios...
    For Five Good Emperors I will not change them because lots of poeple play with BI and even some with RTW

Quote Originally Posted by chris10
    Of course Iam aware of the issue...Thing is I never replaced it because despite the fact that I only played with Alex until now I never had a CTD related to the formations.txt bug...it seems this only happens when ambushed but like I never get ambushed......
    The player very very rarely gets ambushed by an entire stack and for any less most likely will use autoresolve...so I let the files just untouched because I had no need to touch them...
    If you wanna change the formations.txt file then you are free to do so....just follow the instructios...
    For Five Good Emperors I will not change them because lots of poeple play with BI and even some with RTW
    All issues solved for me then...Thanks my friend you are the best and always helpful...

If what you mean is that after having gained the economy in ruins trait and losing it you still have the unrest, it's there from vanilla RS II. I don't know if it's a bug or not but after gaining the trait even if the governor loses it the increased unrest the trait gave remains with the governor forever. Noticed it in my first campaign in RS II vanilla when due to coward bug all my governors started to gain empire in ruins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth88 View Post
    If what you mean is that after having gained the economy in ruins trait and losing it you still have the unrest, it's there from vanilla RS II. I don't know if it's a bug or not but after gaining the trait even if the governor loses it the increased unrest the trait gave remains with the governor forever. Noticed it in my first campaign in RS II vanilla when due to coward bug all my governors started to gain empire in ruins.
    guys..forget about this issue...I got the trait by coincidence while running alone with his unit into an enemy stack and his unit routed...so it was 5% that he got coward and I won lottery...who cares ?...if it happens it happnes...we should learn to live with a few setbacks..it would be very boring to cheat anything negative away by simply removing it from the game...
    he got the damn coward thing...ok..I deal with it....he is 66 I think...so nothing to worry for me..a few years and end of story...
    It happend cause I do not play a real campaign. I sort of rush...only autoresolve..and did not paid attention when I tried to move him from spain to rome....I hit an enemy stack and well..bad luck...before he had 10 management and that was the reason I wanted him in Rome...if I just would have taken the ing ship

I think he was talking about another issue. When your leader is hated for any reason (it can be for the coward thing or any other bad trait) the "Empire in Ruin" start to spread around your governors. This trait gives a lot of penalties and among them there is an increased unrest in the governed settlement. The thing is even if the governor loses the "Empire in Ruin" trait, by changing the faction leader to a loved one or whatever, the unrest penalty remain with the governor and it will be harder to keep the civil order. This issue is present in vanilla RS II too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth88 View Post
    I think he was talking about another issue. When your leader is hated for any reason (it can be for the coward thing or any other bad trait) the "Empire in Ruin" start to spread around your governors. This trait gives a lot of penalties and among them there is an increased unrest in the governed settlement. The thing is even if the governor loses the "Empire in Ruin" trait, by changing the faction leader to a loved one or whatever, the unrest penalty remain with the governor and it will be harder to keep the civil order. This issue is present in vanilla RS II too.
    probably ..the traits will get a little overhaul in the next RSII patch...so this is an issue which is going to be fixed...anyway...if people play the right way they never have to deal with "Empire in Ruin" ...

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

I have no issues with the coward trait since I win almost every battle...
    Only time I lost was against Hannibal's army...
    You made his starting army stronger didn't you?
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator