Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    So I have the Steam Versions of RTW-Gold (BI included) and Alexander. But I don't want to play it through steam, so I thought I just copy my RTW-Gold folder copy the Alex into it and then install RS 2.0->2.1a into it and the FGE and it should work fine, or does the steam Version use a different folder system or something. In the steam Version there is RTW-Gold and Alex in two different folders. Is it sufficient to play FGE with just the ALexander.exe copied in the copied RTW-Gold folder or should I copy alexander into the RTW-Gold folder?
    sry pal...I have no clue about the steam version but if you can run RS 2.1a on steam you just install normal and it should work just fine

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Hi I was wondering if this mod would be compatible with with 2.6? If not I will have to reinstall

Edit: Also is it compatible with faster battles submod? Thanks
    Last edited by Philllx; December 17, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philllx View Post
    Hi I was wondering if this mod would be compatible with with 2.6? If not I will have to reinstall

Edit: Also is it compatible with faster battles submod? Thanks
    hey, as far as I know every later version of RSII only added things to existing files...in theory there should be no problem running FGE with any later version of RSII as if carrys its own traits and ancilliarys files...just install as normal...only thing you have to ahve a look at is I think there has been made a custom launcher to support more generic mods without having to make a new launcher every time...I dunno if the launcher is part of RSII 2.6 release or not

So has anyone gotten this to work with 2.6? Because I followed the instructions (multiple times) and I can't seem to get Five Good Emperors to show up in the launcher.

"MOD CAN BE PLAYED WITH RSII 2.6.
    JUST TAKE THE LAUNCHER OUT OF THIS MOD AND INSTALL ACCORDING TO INSTALL NOTES. THEN USE RSII 2.6 LAUNCHER"

Sorry for my noobish confusion, but does this mean delete the launcher application in the launcher folder and then copy and paste the three folders into where RS2 is? I did that and when I ran the RS2 launcher I couldn't fund any FGE option.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Morgoth View Post
    So has anyone gotten this to work with 2.6? Because I followed the instructions (multiple times) and I can't seem to get Five Good Emperors to show up in the launcher.
    same here.
    installed eveything according to instructions exept the FGE launcher folder.
    FGE does not show on RS launcher

i just use the old launcher and able to play with 2.6

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

quick Q:

I got to the point where I bravely built the thing at Akragas, so I got reforms. Apart from being unable to reinforce which is kind of funny and the 15+ full stacks of veteran rebel troops all over my domain with no real troops to challenge them, I noticed - is it correct that I can train two legio IIIs? One in norther Italy, second in Carthage? Also if I build Curia, wont that trigger some more reforms? (like imperial ones, if there are such?)

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    same here.
    installed eveything according to instructions exept the FGE launcher folder.
    FGE does not show on RS launcher
    um, any solution to this?

also, VH/VH?

thx!

The Solution is, do what was stated by Salahedin, install it all except the FGE Launcher folder, take the "Roma Surrectum II.exe" and the "Roma Surrectum II.au3" and switch those with the ones from the FGE download, and then run the mod using the newly copied in Rome Surrectum II application, should have the new icon. Worked for me on 1.6

That method has not worked for me.Plz suggest a workable one,because 2.1 rs2 downlaod link is invalid now can't play this mod anymore.I desperately want to.Plz help.Steps in detail would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    That method has not worked for me.Plz suggest a workable one,because 2.1 rs2 downlaod link is invalid now can't play this mod anymore.I desperately want to.Plz help.Steps in detail would be very helpful.
    I cant help you Iam afriad. I never played FGE under 2.6 but many others did.
    As well I think I remember that Paedric made a custom launcher for 2.6 where you just could add a folder name in order to run mods and submods who were not part of the "vanilla" install.

Damn,total shame one of the great mods i ever played die like this.

Ok here is my experience in detail with 2.5.

First i tried the 2.6 method given in download page of FGE(on top of post) and replaced data folder and inserted FGE folder,but left out launcher.FGE didn't even show up in launcher.

Next i try Pendragon22's method by keeping launcher from RS2 but within launcher folder replace exe.and au files.
    And then i try vanilla method given for 2.1 in download page.

In both the last 2 cases ..FGE appears on launcher.I start it opens..good going.Except when i pick the campaign with tw exe or BI exe.Instead of starting the campaign i get a window in game saying..'select an item from the list'.Simultaneously there is a error box in the desktop background saying this -

Script error
    Play_Rome_Five_Good_Emperors/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt,at line 12,column1.
    Expected start date of campaign or battle.

Can anyone plz help me?

Ok my problem fixed.Error had come due to installation of rs2 over 1.3 patch.
    As to FGE i used 2.5.Replaced data folder and extracted FGE folder.From launcher folder as pendragon said only exe. and au. file i replaced.It works fine and i can now play this wonderful mod again.Thanks.

Hi!

Anyone have a link for this submod? It looks really really awesome and i really want to try i out. But the dl links on the First Page doesnīt seem to work.
    Can anyone help me out please?

Sorry to announce that my files have been deleted from TWC and all links to images in my opening posts of my two topics for FGE are broken too . I do not know the reason for this but unless I can find a copy of FGE and the Update 1.1 on one of my old backup HDs the mod has to be considered LOST !!!!

If anybody still has a copy of the mod and update please PM me to arrange for resending me a copy by email for re upload...

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    Sorry to announce that my files have been deleted from TWC and all links to images in my opening posts of my two topics for FGE are broken too . I do not know the reason for this but unless I can find a copy of FGE and the Update 1.1 on one of my old backup HDs the mod has to be considered LOST !!!!

If anybody still has a copy of the mod and update please PM me to arrange for resending me a copy by email for re upload...
    If you have the time could you perhaps check on of your old backups HDs?
    Only if you have the time and resources of course

Otherwise then we must hope that someone still has it on their HD. Because this good mod can not be lost forever in the archives.
    Letīs pray to the ancient gods that this mod will popup in the near future so we all can enjoy it again

FGE REUPLOADED. SEE FIRST POST !

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    FGE REUPLOADED. SEE FIRST POST !
    I get a file "downloads" of 14KB?
    He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination.