Thread: Less lag than others mods

Default Less lag than others mods

Hi Lt , what is your secret?? I mean , when I play others mods I get lag with 3000 men , but in SPQR , I can run battles with 8000 soldiers! I dont understand , how is this possible ? And this is going to be better in SPQR 6.0?

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ElMexicanito
    Hi Lt , what is your secret?? I mean , when I play others mods I get lag with 3000 men , but in SPQR , I can run battles with 8000 soldiers! I dont understand , how is this possible ? And this is going to be better in SPQR 6.0?
    Maybe something to do with sprites? Or it could be the imagination!

I hope it's true, if big battles are the point of this game then having lots of lag would suck!
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Its not my imagination , I hope an answer of Lt . , I just want to know .

Its a trade secret, and yes the 1.5 patch made it even lag less than 1.2 in 5.0. Actually it has alot to do with text and less with graphics. If you iron out the errors in text the System doesnt loop as much for some reason. This helps with loading speed as well as some other areas. also making sure correct sprites and adjustments to particles etc all help. To be honest I have NO idea what 6.0 is faster than 5.0 except the new patch. as for 5.0 I adjusted a few things to allow more performance without it being noticeable.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

well , Lt , you a genius , your mod is the best! I cant wait more for SPQR 6.0 , its near?