Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Fallout 3 AAR]The Fate of the Wasteland

Default [Fallout 3 AAR]The Fate of the Wasteland

Welcome to my first non-TW AAR . Hope you enjoy

Settings
    Difficulty - Very Hard (and sometimes just hard)
    Mods used - Enclave Commander, FOOK2, RH Ironsights, Dragonskin Tactical Outfit, Colossus BoS and Outcast, Colossus Enclave and Expanded Talon Company(and a few more but they aren't really used much)

Chapter One - Tenpenny Tower
    My name is Jamie Tyler () and I am a female mercenary. My life revolves around money, obtaining it and spending it. In the wasteland comfort and power are the two most important factors in pretty much everyone's life. And what gets comfort and power? Money. That's what. This is why I have an obsession for money and why I do the things I do to get it. Who can blame me? The amount of money offered for some of the contracts is unbelievable, anyone who can wield a gun would take it.

I have been recently travelling up from the South to escape from those damned Talon Mercs, my arch-enemies. They steal my contracts and now they see me as competition, and have set out to kill me. Bastards! However, if I keep travelling north then hopefully they will lose my trail and give up. As I travel up the long road night starts to fall and I see a metal shanty town on the horizon, so head over for it. When I get there I was greeted with a very warm welcome, they obviously don't know what I have done.

I went over to the saloon and ordered a drink to get my mind off of things. These people haven't done anything to me and if the Talons know I'm here they won't hesitate to kill each and every one of them to get to me. When I was nearing the bottom of my glass a shifty figure in glasses called me over to his position. He said his name was Mr. Burke and had a very important 'proposal' for me. I listened to him for a while and finally found out what he wanted me to do.

After he asked me this, I then asked how much money I will get. He told me 500 caps would be paid to me upon completion of the task. 500?! I obviously accepted, 500 could bring me safety and food for months! He gave me instructions for what to do:

He also told me that I could kill the residents of this town, pick up their loot and sell it for a handsome sum at Tenpenny Tower, were he wanted to meet me. I told him I couldn't take them on by myself, and he gave me some of their new soldiers.

These were a new branch of their military and were highly trained. They had an influx of poorer wastelanders coming to their hotel and Mr. Tenpenny thought of training their own soldiers to do his bidding, as he already had enough security. These were modelled after the old US army, with green combat armour as opposed to the desert coloured armour of their security. These men would help me kill these wastelanders. He also gave me money to hire a local mercenary called Jericho to help me finish the job. This man was highly trained and would fight us if we attacked the other residents so hiring him would help us alot if we are to minimise our casualties.

We waited on the top of the crater leading down to the bomb, and when I gave the signal me, the men and Jericho starting firing at the inhabitants of Megaton. They fought back, at least some did, but were no match for our armour or training. A pile of bodies started piling up at the bottom of the path.

We men went into houses and fired upon anyone living there, killing with savage abandon. Jericho was the most surprising, killing the men and women he used to share a town with, but I suppose I am just as bad, as long as there is money involved. I then sent the men to make sure no one else survived. No one had. There was the bomb, it was so close to me and all I needed to do was rig the pulse charge.

I did it. I put it on. When I went to Tenpenny Tower they would blow it up. However, I felt no pity for these people or this town. Now I can live in comfort if only for a few weeks.

Me and the men made the perilous journey over to the tower. It took a long time to get to it, but luckily the local wildlife offered little in the way of danger. They were pathetic and weak, just like the inhabitants of that town. Finally the Tower appeared on the horizon, and with a sigh of relief I started running over to it. I could smell the money!

When I arrived at the gate I saw a dirty ghoul, the same as the one that served the drinks in that bar in Megaton. This one wanted to get into the Tower but the security guard turned him away. Good. I didn't want to be among zombies.

When the zombie finally left I talked into the intercom and was immediately allowed to enter the place. As I walked into the courtyard I saw the chief of staff but before talking to anyone I headed straight up to where Mr. Burke was. When I entered the hall I saw magnificent chandeliers on the roof and stone columns greeting me. It was the most beautiful sight I have seen for a long time, if not ever.

It was amazing. However, I wasted little time staring at its beauty and headed up to the balcony where Mr. Burke was. When I finally made it to the balcony I met Mr. Tenpenny and we have a very nice conversation. However, he wanted to 'start the fireworks' so I went over to Burke and he told me, when I wanted, that I could flick the switch and blow the place up. I did so and when it blew the most magnificent explosion I have ever seen appeared in the distance.

Mr. Tenpenny was very happy and thanked me for my service. Burke then gave me the caps and offered me the invitation to lead their new 'army' to obtain even more money. I would lead then against the ghouls that plagued the place and head East to the DC Ruins and kill a few super mutants, and maybe even some Talons. Also, he offered me something else:

Permanently! My own room here! It was what I have always wanted, comfort. Well half of what I wanted anyway. If I wanted power, I couldn't just sit around, I would have to do something about it. I now led a new army into battle and hopefully as I gain victories over our enemies then I shall be granted more troops and better technology. However, now I had to deal with those ghouls. I set out with my troops I had fought in Megaton with.

I went to my room, just to see it for now, and it was as grand as the entrance.

I then went back to the courtyard and talked to the security chief, Gustavo. He briefed me and my soldiers on our mission and told us the most important part, the possible reward upon completion.

The nearby metro tunnels they were hiding in were close by, so not another long trek for me today. I walked over there and saw some of these 'feral' ghouls. To me they're all the same, monsters. I aimed my submachine gun at it, steadied my hand and let off a few bursts which killed the zombie.

They had a glowing one which was the toughest but my men were more than enough for them. One of my soldiers had a flamer with was particularly powerful against them. The sound of zombie screams was like music to my ears and them falling down in droves was a beautiful sight. Today has been filled with beautiful sights, which was a nice change from the usual.

As I entered the tunnels I came across a few more of these ferals. However, I just aimed my gun at them from far and let off a few bursts and they were easily taken down.

The radiation has eaten away at their brains and they are absolutely stupid things, sometimes they don't even notice when one of their buddies has been killed right next to them. Not that I'm complaining. More and more fell as we plowed through into the non-ferals base:

We had a very high body count by now, just sniping each one as we see them around the corner. They didn't even notice which made it much easier.

By now they were also getting more dense and this is when I was injured by them. As I was shooting one of them another came across my, swiped at my face and hit me, and I fell on the floor.

I tried to crawl over to my gun but it then pinned me down before I could grab the SMG, and was about to swipe at my face again until I saw a ball of flames engulf it. One of my new soldiers saved my life! As it burned it screamed in agony, which made me smile. It deserves nothing less. When we had taken the rest of them out, we saw something painted onto the walls.

Revolution? They say that it has started here. It shall also end here. As I approached the barricades set up I found a ghoul and he shouted at me to holster my gun.

I did and ordered the men to as well. I would go into their base, find how much of them there are, and kill them from the inside. I met Roy and started talking to him. He started insulting me, which was a very bad move. Now, nothing was stopping me from killing the bastard. I threw some of my insults against these zombies at him and this angered him past his boiling point. He then got his gun out and a fierce firefight ensued.

He only had the entrance guard and another woman with him. I expected more, but again I didn't complain. I shot at her as well whilst my men dealt with Roy.

When I killed her I went back to my men and found the body of Roy, at which I was very glad. The bastard wouldn't be able to plague the tower any longer.

Now we needed to root out the last ghoul here. He was firing at the doorway we stood in, so I gave covering fire for one of my men to sneak into the room while he was distracted with me and kill him. I started firing at the ghoul and the plan went ahead. My man was in the room but I had to reload and the ghoul was firing back at me now. If my man attacked the ghoul he would be pointlessly killed. However he soon needed to reload and my man popped around the corner and sliced his head clean off.

We had defeated the ghoul threat so we retreated out of the tunnels and made our way back to the tower. We hadn't lost a man in the fight, which shows the stupidity of these ghouls, or the skills of my men. When we got back we were praised by the security chief and received our payment as planned.

It was getting dark so me and the men headed back to our rooms and had a well earned rest. That night I slept like a log.

Chapter Two - Helping the Brotherhood
    After resting for about a week in the tower Mr. Tenpenny gave me a new 'assignment', as he liked to call it. It had a very handsome reward so before he knew it me and my soldiers were ready to move out. I took the original three soldiers with me as they had proved so useful in the previous two assignments.

The mission I was given included travelling across miles of wasteland over to the DC ruins and make contact with the Brotherhood of Steel. This group were highly trained and had advanced technology that Tenpenny wanted to gain from sending our help to them. He was optimistic that they would give it to him, but I heavily doubted that they would give away their valuable tech to us just for 'helping'. Some day we may even be able to threaten their existence in the East, but I accepted to do it as the pay was VERY tempting.

That day I set out over the miles of wasteland fighting a number of different animals to get to our destination. The walk was treacharous and very dangerous to us; we faced a bear like animal that was both fast and strong. However, we arrived at our the destination without any serious injuries; The Citadel. However, when we spoke to the guard just outside the base, he gave us this reply when we asked to enter.

I was furious. Trekking all that way for this? I felt like opening up on these bastards and would've if it weren't for this guy:

However, he told us that they may need help over at Arlington Library so I reluctantly headed over their in order to fulfill my contract. On the way I saw a huge 'super mutant' carrying the biggest and most powerful gun I'd ever seen, and he was engaging to Brotherhood soldiers on the fortifications of the Citadel.

Me and the troops lent a hand at started shooting at the beast from down below, and because of the size of his gun he couldn't bring it down fast enough and one of the Brotherhood soldiers scored a lucky hit and took him down. We continued on to Arlington without further fighting, which part of me was actually happy about. When I arrived I spoke to a Brotherhood 'Scribe' and she told me that they needed a hand.

She said that two Brotherhood paladins were clearing out the raiders in the building and if we helped we could make off with some of the loot. I led my soldiers up to help them out and found them engaging some raiders and lent our weight to the fight and took them down quickly.

The two paladins were ready to help clear out the rest of the building; hopefully this meant we didn't have to do too much fighting, I was already tired of it and the reward given to us by the Brotherhood was. in all honesty, poor. However, we marched on.

We followed them up into the 'Childrens Wing' where they said the raiders had made themselves at home. This shouldn't be too hard with these two brutes on our side. If we ever do take on the Brotherhood, I hope to be as far away from it as possible, these guys could rip us apart. As we entered we were immediately ambushed by various raiders.

However, the paladins lived up to their name and rank and made quick work of these dirty scum that called themselves raiders. Even we were more heavily equiped than they were, let alone those Brotherhood 'tech junkies'. They racked up more kills just by themselves.

The paladins and our troops (but mainly the paladins) had cleared the way up to the final raider base located in the 'media archive' and their position was heavily fortified but still no problem at all for the Brotherhood.

As we killed the last of the raiders the paladins had no use for their worthless loot and our troops had made off with them. However, a poorly placed mine had seriously injured one of our troops in that last room when it seemed all threat was gone. Another of the soldiers brought him back on the perilous journey to Tenpenny Tower whilst me and the other headed back down. However, we saw a huge minigun waiting in the corner of the room. It had piles of ammo with it, and was the true loot of the battle. The other soldier grabbed it (as I have always been poor with big guns) and got ready to move out.

We went back to Paladin Bael and asked him if they needed any more help and said that the garrison at GNR studios was heavily under attack from super mutants and needed reinforcements, so we set out to get their. He said we needed to go through metro tunnels filled with raiders, ghould and super mutants, but nevertheless we set off. We arrived at the metro station after a short walk.

As we entered the first line of enemies consisted of raiders, these troops were easy for us to deal with and we made short work of them, especially with our new toy.

We also saw other mercenary corpses littering the tunnels, unfortunately they must've been killed before, I could've used them to my advantage. However we pressed on. After we had taken out the raiders lining up to die against us we came against the new threat, ghouls. These zombies had proven easy to kill once. Lets hope these were as stupid as their friends near Tenpenny Tower.

They seemed to go join with relative ease, helped along to their graves by our new toy. We saw more of these mercs scattered amongst ghoul bodies. Must've been a hell of a fight.

When we walked on we came up against the final layer of defense. Super mutants.

This guys was pretty strong but the minigun made short work of him and it also seems they are fighting with the ghouls over control of this area of the DC ruins. When we shot down the super mutant a ghoul appeared behind him!

We killed him as well as his other friends in the last part of the metro and made our way out of the place and into the section of the DC ruins known as 'Chevy Chase'. When we emerged from the metro station we came out into the proper DC ruins. Rubble was strewn everywhere and every building had at east part of it blown off. However, I thought that if a few nukes hit this place it is in pretty good condition, especially as it has been fought over and not maintained for 200 years now. As soon as we went en route towards the GNR radio station we were ambushed by 2 super mutants.

This caught us completely by surprise and had the upper hand in the ensuing gunfight. We were as good as dead until we were supported by a few Brotherhood soldiers. The mutants were torn apart by our combined forces.

The leader of this group was Sentinel Lyons. Apparently she was the daughter of the elder and leader of Lyons Pride, the elite troops among the Brotherhood. They were also supporting the GNR garrison.

These were the elite of the elite. The best of the best. I tagged along with them and just left them to do their job and I did mine. They had already suffered a casualty, one of their initiate but a Knight Captain called Colvin took down two of the beasts, just like that.

If Tenpenny has any ideas about fighting these guys, I'm not getting involved. No matter what the price. After Colvin took down the mutants we pushed on and were attacked by 3 more of them, two coming out of the building and one sniping us from the window. A fierce but brief firefight ensued which was eaily won by the Brotherhood elites.

The building had a lot more of them but the Brotherhood again took them out as if it was natural to them. They didn't last long as we moved further into the building. Once we reached the end, after fighting a few more mutants, I peered out the window and saw the garrison fighting off two more of them. Surrounded, we quickly dealt with them.

I jumped down into the courtyard and met up with the garrison. Lyons was first and explained who we were and just as I thought it was over, I hear a huge bang behind me.

The two buses lying there blew up in a mushroom of flames and out of the smoke emerged the biggest mother****** I'd ever seen in my life.

After ensuring I hadn't bricked my trousers I saw what it was. It was a super mutant, just 3 times the size! Even though we had about 10 soldiers just on the one beast, I doubted that we could take it down. Me and my man started spraying bullets at the thing as well as the Brotherhood soldiers with me.

The fighting was intense. The worst part was that I didn't know if we could take it down or not. After smashing one of the Brotherhood soldiers, it looked up at me. If I didn't
    my pants before, I had now. However, it turned away and charged at another of the Brotherhood soldiers.

More ammo and minutes had been spent taking it down and it was still charging around the courtyard looking for Brotherhood soldiers to kill. Maybe it had a vengeance against them, and not me?

Once or twice it smashed away at the walls of the building opposite but even something that size couldn't take down a solid stone structure. It moved off to the right and then we had it trapped in a corner.

Persistent fire from 10 guns was just too much for the beast and slowly it fell.

I have never known fear as I had then. But when it fell was probably up there as one of the best moments in my life. I was starting to think it was invincible and that we were all dead. I asked Sentinel Lyons if she needed any help and she said she didn't but Three Dog, owner of the GNR radio station did. I headed up there to talk to him.
    Last edited by english crusader; February 08, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Default Re: [Fallout 3 AAR]The Fate of the Wasteland

This is excellent, a worthy competitor for Beer Money's work. Keep it up! And try to use a post for each chapter so that we'll know about your updates...
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 20, 2011 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks I'll post new updates in new posts from now on

Chapter Three - Helping Three Dog and GHOULS!
    As I walked into the studios the Brotherhood 'Knights' who thought it would be better to stay inside the building instead of helping us out thanked me and was surprised that some 'outsiders' were able to do so well. Instead of getting into a fight with them I decided to walk straight up to Three Dog.

As I entered his studio he greeted me and started talking about a 'good fight'. I honestly didn't care what he wanted to say I was just there to do my job. When he finally stopped blabbling on and got to the point I learned what I had to do.

I didn't want to waste any time, as it was getting dark, so I headed out immediately to go to the Museum of Technology to get a dish and replace the one of the Washington Monument with it. Seemed easy enough. I headed over to the museum but before I knew it it started to get dark. Not wanting to get shot in the night I headed over to a local building, hoping nothing was inside it.

However when I entered something I really didn't expect happened. Ghouls! GHOULS!

I hate ghouls. These ones seemed better than the Tenpenny ghouls and I didn't want to fight them because of the huge robot they had with them. I talked around, bought some supplies and had a rest but before I did that I saw a woman named Moira.

She offered me a contract to help her with a book she was writing. She said I would get paid and so, obviously, I went for it. However I needed a rest and to finish helping Three Dog before starting this new task so headed off and ordered a bed and had a sleep on a hard mattress on the cold floor. However, eventually I did get to sleep so it wasn't all too bad. That morning I walked out and began the short but dangerous trek to the Museum of Technology.

I got there without too much trouble, and quickly realised this wasn't going to be easy. Super mutants populated the place and as soon as we stepped through the doors they started shooting at us.

We made our way through the first floor of the museum and began racking up mutant kills. Luckily I had my soldier with the minigun, which made this a lot easier. We continued through to a huge room with a rocket inside, where we got shot from above and below by super mutants.

This was a hard fight, but eventually we managed to make it through the fight. As we continued on we dropped more and more super mutants that stood in our way.

When we had taken all of the mutant resistance out I saw our target, the Virgo II Communications Dish.

I took it and we made our way out of the building. That was the hard part over, at least. We continued on to the Washington Monument without much further trouble from the mutants. When I walked up to it I saw some Brotherhood soldiers guarding the place, and also how big it actually was.

I made my way up the elevator onto the top of it and installed the dish.

I peered out the window and saw how huge the DC ruins actually were. In the distance I saw the outline of the Capitol Building. I had heard from some Brotherhood soldiers that there was a battle between Talons and super mutants over the building. If, when, I get my revenge on those Talons, that will be my target.

Last edited by english crusader; January 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM.

Strong start! Great screen captures too which is hard with this game (first person).

Thats cold-blooded you blew up Megaton!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Money View Post
    Strong start! Great screen captures too which is hard with this game (first person).
    Thanks I do find the screen captures hard, sometimes it's really hard to get good shots.

Thats cold-blooded you blew up Megaton!
    I don't usually but it fitted in with the character so I decided to do it.

Chapter 4 coming up probably Wednesday as I can't get screenshots of it yet but the next few ones after will be quick to come up after. Glad your enjoying it.
    Last edited by english crusader; January 25, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Sorry about the wait, I just had exams so couldn't get the screenshots. However, the next few updates should be quick after this.

Chapter Four - Assault on the Super Duper Mart
    After returning to Three Dog to fetch my reward I headed off to the west in order to find the 'Super Duper Mart' which the ghoul Moira asked me to go and find some food and medicine in return for some payment. The trek across DC was fairly uneventful; no super mutants were in my way. Then I travelled across the Potomac and into the deep wasteland west of the mighty river.

The soldier I had with my using the minigun returned home, and had a well earned rest. The troops deserved to relax for a while but I needed to fill out this contract before I could. It shouldn't be too hard, the place is filled only with raiders. These dirty scum are nothing compared to Talons or super mutants (especially with help from the Brotherhood).

I stood on a rocky outcrop looking over the parking area of the shop and spied a few raiders. I brought out my Steyr Scout Sniper and counted three raiders on the outside. I aimed my sniper at the head of one of them, steadying my hand I then pulled the trigger.

Bam! His (or her, I couldn't see) head popped in a ball of blood, my sniper was one powerful weapon. The body fell limply on the floor, all signs of life removed in an instant. The two other raiders then spotted where I was and started firing on my position. I hid behind a rock and heard a zapping noise, just like a laser pistol being fired.

I popped my head up and saw the floating robot zapping the dirty scum. I positioned my sniper again while they were distracted and fired at another, this time blowing a hole in his chest, as the force of the shot smashed him back and into the floor. The robot zapped the other raider and, just like that, all three were taken care of.

I then ventured on into the parking lot and the robot seemed friendly to me so I continued into the building.

As I entered I quietly walked through into the main shopping section. I spied a few raiders inside thebuilding, patrolling it. However, I wanted to sneak through and hopefully not disturb any of them, I just wanted to go to Tenpenny Tower and rest. I thought for a second about shooting them but decided not to.

I jumped over the counter to the right of were I was and found some ammunition lying around and in boxes so stocked up while I was here. I headed over to a fridge and picked up some of the food here, fulfilling one requirement of my contract. The raiders wouldn't need it after I was finished anyway, so no harm done.

I spied more of the raiders on top of the aisles but decided to stick with a stealthy approach. I walked around the outside of the shop and kept low, but when I saw the medicine sign indicating the supplies were hidden with some raiders, I decided I needed to start fighting. I saw two raiders guarding the room were it indicated it was, aimed my rifle and opened fire.

This killed them both but it also alerted the rest of the raiders in the store to my presence here. I saw them scuttling all around the store to get to me as I started unloading rounds into them. The first held a knife and tried to plunge it into me, but I dodged it and fired a few rounds into him. He flew back into a shelf and his body lay limp, lifeless.

The fight started getting intense, some of them fired shots at me but I managed to take cover from most of them. Another fired a missile at me which was a near miss.

I used the explosion as cover to change position and before they knew it I had. When I didn't pop up from my original position they stopped firing at it, and then I got up from my new position and started firing at more of them. One of the last ran at me with a knife and I easily took the poor sod down.

The last one of them crouched down and tried to fire at me while I reloaded but I managed to get a few rounds into them anf finish the raiders off for good.

I ran to the counter where the medical supplies where indicated to be and found a few more boxes containing ammunition. I picked them up and then headed into a room where I found a box of mediecal supplies. However, when I headed into the room I heard a voice over the speaker. More of them had come! They were patrolling the place, I needed to get the supplies and fight my way out.

When I went in to get the supplies I saw a computer with a protectron next to it. I went onto the computer to see if I could reprogramme the robot, and when I did it marched out on 'patrol duty'.

When it stepped outside of the room a raider had come behind the counters where we were and the protectron done its job, attacking the raider. I finished off the raider with help from it and marche onwards.

A few more raiders attacked the protectron and I attacked them from behind cover whilst they were distracted.

I finished off the last of them going to attack the protectron, but before I could she took out the robot. It played it's part.

I headed back to the Underworld to find Moira and get my reward. Again the journey was rather uneventful, which I liked, and when I went there she let me keep the supplies as well as giving me a food sanitizer, which would keep my food fresh on the journeys ahead of me. When I headed out I was confronted by one of my soldiers, who served me attacking the raiders at Arlington. He gave me a radio and said that Tenpenny had found something I might want to see.

I talked into the radio and he briefed me on what he found. This radio would help me command my troops, I could request them to attack, pull back or whatever I wanted wherever they were. The 'discovery' was a vertibird, used by the old US army and apparently by the Enclave. This could transport me wherever I wanted and also be used to transport my troops and call bombing runs with it. He said he needed it tested.

Now I could get my revenge on those Talons. I told him to let me attack the Capitol Building with it, and he gave me seven new soldiers specially trained for this army and equipped with scores of miniguns and other advanced weaponry. The army was ready, and the battle was to begin. The vertibird was out of action for now, but soon it will be ready. I headed off to the Capitol Building.

Next one is HUGE, 46 screenshots in total! It was really fun for me to play, probably the best time I've ever had on Fallout 3. I hope you enjoy reading it when I write it, probably due out tomorrow.
    Last edited by english crusader; January 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Sorry about me being invisible in this update, I overdosed on stealth boys
    Chapter Five - Attack on the Capitol Building
    I moved from the Super Duper mart east to the DC ruins. The capitol building was my target and could be attacked from two sides. One from the mall side and another, eastern route. I decided to attack from the east and scouting reports received especially from the Brotherhood indicated a mass talon raid happening from the west on the super mutants stationed at the building.

Seward Square was accessed through a metro station like the one used to access Chevy Chase and the Mall. We headed to the entrance which was near a boat containing a city full of people, named 'Rivet City'and was said to be full of raiders.These thugs were no match for the soldiers in my army and should go down easily.

My soldiers met with me at this Rivet City place and we headed down into the metro tunnels running through DC. The soldiers were heavily armed and more than capable enough to take on raiders. However, super mutants and especially Talons were going to be tougher to take down.

As we entered through the tunnels we saw a small raider hide out deep in the old station. I planned to do this sneakily, as to not attract any unwanted attention. I shot a few rounds from my rifle at him from afar and quietly took him down.

As I went further into the tunnels I found little resistance in the way of raiders, they were more of a warm up for the battle ahead instead of a challenge. However, I preferred it this way. I found one or two and, using stelath boys, managed to stealthily take them out.

As we emerged from the tunnels, which posed little threat, we were immediately greeted by an angry super mutant. However, he didn't see us until too late, and was eaily taken down.

As we emerged we found even more super mutants infesting the area. They had set up an ambush when they saw the first killed and we made a valiant stand in an old courtyard, firing bullets outwards.

Three men died in this stand but luckily a vertibird touched down with 3 more taking their place. As we progressed west I caught my first glimpse of it since I saw it from the Washington Monument. It stood proudly over the decayed landscape and the magnificent structure was heavily fortified.

A few more super mutants were waited behind the barricades but were easily taken out by our superior numbers and firepower. We progressed further and caught our first glimpse of Talon presence. He was patrolling and overhead bridge and was, strangely, deep in super mutant territory. He stood no chance against a powerful sniper rifle shot to his chest.

We pushed on to the eastern entrance to the building, which was heavily guarded by super mutants. Instead of a reckless head on charge or sneak attack I radioed in help from the vertibird. Now, I would see it's true firepower. I ordered a missile attack on super mutant positions across the entrance of the building. As it grew darker I heard the unmistakable noise of the propellers. It flew in and launched several missiles at the eastern side of the building.

It confirmed several super mutant injuries and came round for another attack. This time not on the building but at the foot of the steps to the entrance of it.

The super mutants only realised what was happening when it was too late and were torn apart by the missile strikes. As it grew ever darker me and the men rushed into the building.

We entered a lot of super mutants at the entrance of the building. However, they were poorly equipped compared to my men, wielding only basic rifles or melee weapons. They were cut down and my men had controlled the first few corridors of the building.

We pushed further into the building and killed super mutant after super mutant. They infested the corridors of this grand building but were still poorly equipped and were no match for my men. It was a few moments later that we found the first incidence of a Talon invasion.

Being attacked from both sides the super mutants were being annihilated so I decided to focus on those Talon bastards. I shot one of them and came across a few more having little battles all ove rht eplace with the super mutants.

We killed both Talon and mutant alike, they were all the same to me. Enemies. My men done their job, pounding them with bullets as they were forced to hide behind doors for protection.

Clearly this done nothing as the minigun chewed both flesh and wood as it totally destroyed the door and the Talon. When we had killed most of them I peered into a grand hall. In it was something I NEVER wanted to see ever again.

It was slamming Talons casually and as me and my men entered, we and the Talons knew what the real threat was. The behemoth before was hard and we had the Brotherhood with us but nothing stands in between the behemoth and me, if it had the chance it would pound me into dust. I ordered my men to concentrate fire on it, and not to stop until it was dead.

One of the Talons fired some sort of projectile which caused a huge explosion. Like a smaller version of the Megaton bombs' blast. Soon the behemoth and another super mutant with a
    minigun had finished off the Talons and soon looked at us.One of my men managed to shoot the other super mutant down and we had all kept up consistent fire on the behemoth.

It started racing towards us but fortunately, before it could reach us it finally fell; a bullet had finally penetrated the thick skin and struck home.

We continued on and met no other super mutant resistance. We ventured into the 'Hall of Columns' where more super mutants and a few Talons were still battling each other.

When we emerged we saw a Talon engaged with a super mutant and took them both out quickly and easily.

As we had done that we took the higher ground and started killing super mutants below. I had run out of bullets and was forced to pick up molotov cocktails, pre-war fire grenades, and toss them at the mutants.

They were quite effective but I had always preferred using guns over any other form of weaponry. We walked into some more rooms and met little super mutant resistance. Just a few more here and there that were easily taken out. This time I had ammunition that I had pciked up off the floor, so it was a lot easier.

When we cleared out the Hall of Columns
    we then went on to another section of the building, named the 'Conference Hall' where most of the last super mutants inside the building were holed up.

As soon as we entered we saw some of the mutants straight away but quickly disposed of them.

A few more super mutants were patrolling in the actual conference hall so me and my men surrounded them from the top and hit them from the higher ground. We slaughtered them; they were completely taken by surprise. We finished off the last of the mutants in the Conference Hall and headed out to the Western entrance to take out the super mutant garrison and Talon mercenaries attacking from the western side.

We came across a few survivors in the western side of the building but nothing we weren't capable of taking out.

As soon as we had taken out the rest of the survivors we headed outside. It was thick with super mutants but they were surrounded; being attacked at the front by Talons and from behind by us.

When we cleared the top level of stairs into the building I radioed in another vertibird, which arrived with more reinforcements and missiles. It dropped down 3 more soldiers to help us mop up.

It bombarded the last of the super mutants in or around the Capitol building but, unfortunately, that meant the Talons were free to move up the stairs.

My men started spraying bullets down the stairway as I was left to take out a Talon who had somehow made his way up way before the rest of his friends. I quickly returned his fired and because of my superior position, in terms of height and cover, I managed to take him out first.

More Talons were headed up behind him and these were heavily armoured and well trained. Some of my men caught too far ahead were slaughtered on the stairs as they came closer.

However, as they grouped at the bottom of the stairs the vertibird returned and hit their position with deadly efficiency.

The bombardment had taken the three out and it was up to me to pick off the stragglers.This, however, wasn't too hard.

We had taken out the super mutant and Talon forces and now have claimed the Capitol Building. However, it came at a cost.

The last battle claimed the lives of four good soldiers, whereas only another four had died in the rest of it. The Capitol Building was ours but we had nowhere near enough manpower to hold it because of the cost of the battle. As I radioed in for a pickup from the vertibird, I took one last look at the building. Capturing it took the lives of 8 good men, and for what?

The vertibird dropped down. I had commands from Tenpenny so me and the survivors of my force got on board whilst we talked about the next objective.

Chapter Six - Helping the Brotherhood Outcasts
    The next day me and the men went from the vertibird to a place called 'Fort Independence' where the group of Brotherhood outcasts were based. It is said that these Ex-Brotherhood soldiers defected when the Eastern Brotherhood started focusing on helping the wastelanders, instead of collecting technology like they were sent to DC for. To me, their cause was less than admirable, the collection of technology?

But anyway, at least they stuck with what they believe in, the collection and preservation of technology. Tenpenny said they had contacted us after hearing about our recent achievements are are enlisting our help. If we are successful in our mission they say we will get some of their technology. Well at least we can upgrade our equipment and vertibird with it, so we set out to the old fort.

When we arrived, we met up with Protector' Casdin, the leader of the 'True Brotherhood', as he called his bunch of outcasts. He told us that raiders hiding in the local Fairfax Ruins were constantly ambushing the site and various foot patrols heading around this area. He said that we needed to clear them out of any raider presence and we would get our reward. I asked why he didn't just do it, but apparently he didn't have enough men to spare, even though about 5 could take the raiders out, based on how much he predicted were holed up in the ruins.

However, I hadn't come all this way for nothing so we got ready and he let me command three of his soldiers (and apparently they didn't have enough!) until we had captured the ruins and freed it from raider control. To be honest, I just don't think he wants to risk his soldiers lives, which is fair enough, I suppose. We got ready and headed out.

We headed up to the bridge above the access point to the fort and went to the east into the ruins. I spotted some raiders up ahead hiding behind fortifications, so I left my men behind just enough to help me if I get in trouble but also be out of sight, and then found a nice spot and set up my sniper. I looked through the scope and saw 2 or 3 raiders up ahead, patrolling up and down.

I steadied my hand, aimed just ahead of one of them and pulled the trigger. His head was ripped off by the impact of the shot and the other two guards suddenly jumped and took cover. They didn't look like they were leaving their cover so I ordered the vertibird to do a bombing run with new bombs made from plasma. These were really high tech and we found hand held grenade versions on a dead Talon just outside of the Capitol Building, so Tenpenny's scientists soon started working on bomb versions of these.

When the vertibird came overhead the raiders started running around to get out of the way of it, they must've seen one in action before. However, I shot one of them running away and the bombs took the other out, and maybe more of them but I couldn't see.

As soon as they hit I ordered the men to run forward and got out my SMG. I engaged some more of them and ran into an alleyway, looking for a route to flank them. I encountered a raider trying to do the same to us but I used my quick reactions to shoot at him before he could at me.

I flanked around and we hit them from two sides. I didn't actually manage to kill any more but had caused enough of a distraction for my men to take out the rest. The streets were littered with the bodies of dead raiders.

When we had taken out the rest of the raiders in the streets we headed down into the metro station, just in case there were more raiders waiting here. Luckily we had gone into the metro as they were still hiding away in the tunnels. I spied many of them deeper in the tunnels, and rather than charging I kept back.

I got out my trusty sniper and fired a few pot shots into the station. I doubt I killed anyone but hopefully this will draw them out and into the fire of my men. My plan had worked and soon they were rushing out to try and fight back against us.

I fired at them, killing a few and injuring a few more and then they had come under a little archway and all my men were firing their miniguns and snipers into the station.

I let my men do the rest as they killed anyone who showed their face, a hail of bullets smashing into their bodies and killing them almost instantly.

The carnage was terrible. Bullets holes scattered the wales and the floors and bodies were now littering the metro as well as the streets. The men looked around the rest of the station but everyone was killed near the entrance. When I came back I saw the real damage we had done.

We emerged from the metro tunnels, made one last sweep of the area, and when I was convinced they were all gone we headed back to the fort to collect our payment. When Casdin was sure we had cleared out all the raiders he gave us the schematics for upgrades to our armour. This were more flexible and a little harder than what we used now and, strangely, I accepted it as payment.

Now, when I think about it, I should've asked for more, putting mine and the men's lives at risk for an armour upgrade? Fair enough if it was power armour or something, but you know, at least we got the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by english crusader View Post
    Now, when I think about it, I should've asked for more, putting mine and the men's lives at risk for an armour upgrade? Fair enough if it was power armour or something, but you know, at least we got the job done.
    efore
    Great update! Power armour FTW! I remember the trials and tribulations in Fallout 1 in order to obtain one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    efore
    Great update! Power armour FTW! I remember the trials and tribulations in Fallout 1 in order to obtain one.
    Yeah power armour is great. I never played FO1 or 2 though, I tried but I couldn't go back to the graphics and things of them, which is a shame because they looked good other than that. I've got a few more mods which makes the power armours look even better for the BoS, outcasts and Enclave and I've updated the OP to show these new mods. If you want to look at them I've also added links

Next 3 updates already have screenshots, I'll have all three done this weekend

Chapter Seven - Reilly's Rangers
    When I finished off at Fort Independence I headed back to Tenpenny Tower to give the armour schematics to the scientists at the Tower, to talk to Mr. Burke about a new mission and, most importantly, to rest. When we arrived at the tower the men immediately headed to up their rooms and me and Mr. Burke talked.

After our attack on the Capitol Building, the Talons were weakened. They had lost a lot of men that day and they suffered more losses from the isolated positions they had which were caused by the heavy loss of mercs. Burke and Tenpenny want me and my men to head into Fort Bannister, the base of the Talons, and kill the Talons there. After that the Talons would be weak and would soon be either killed or scatter.

They have been a big problem to us and our 'friends' the Brotherhood, and taking them out will gain their favour as well as help our cause considerably. On top of that, I will fully get my revenge for what they done to me before. Firstly, we needed to stock up on weapons as the guns the men used now were innaccurate and broke easily. We first headed out to the National Mall section of the DC ruins to see if we could salvage some weapons from the super mutants or dead Brotherhood soldiers there.

We headed through the metro into the Mall and went into the Museum of History, in order to get supplies from Underworld. However, when I was there I found a human instead of the usual ghouls and talked to the doctors in order to get her out of her unconscious state. Apparently she belongs to a mercenary company called 'Reilly's Rangers'. The doctor told me about them.

He managed to wake her and I talked briefly to her about her mission. She said she could give me some armour or weapons if I managed to complete the quest and, as it fitted in with our mission, I went for it.

I agreed to help her and she thanked me and gave me the details I needed to know. Me and the men went from the Vertibird to near the area that she said we needed to go. When we landed we met little resistance first off and only a few super mutants here and there. We took them out quietly in order not to attract any attention.

We took out a few more but easily cleared out the local area. When the vertibird was ready I called in some reinforcements just in case it got worse. The new men would help us to minimise our casualties out here.

When we went further towards the hospital (our misiion target) we met heavier resistance than before, I was thankful that I had ordered in the extra soldiers. A few were camped in buildings around the area but we managed to clear them all out.

We killed a few more buildings of super mutants and headed further towards the hospital. Only minimal fighting was involved in getting to the hospital and we hoped it stayed that way for the rest of the mission. We then reached the doors to the hospital and headed inside.

We headed into the dark, dusty building. We met more and more mutant resistance as we went further into the hospital. As we headed through I saw one of the ugliest creatures I've ever encountered before. Worse than super mutants, ghouls or anything else I've seen in this world. I don't know what the hell it was.

I killed it and headed on but I couldn't stop thinking of it. I've seen a lot in my time, mounds of dead bodies, bags of human limbs, but never anything as ugly as that. We continued on deeper into the building. The condition of the buidling was amazing, seeing as nuclear bombs hit the place and it hasn't been properly maintained for 200 years. Only some rubble here and there but my mind had to stay focused on the mission.

It was going well until we entered a room with 4 or 5 super mutants with heavy weaponry. The men weren't prepared for it and soon missiles were flying at us.

The men took down two but a lucky missile, or unlucky, depending on how you look at it, hit right in the middle of the men and blew the survivors of the initial onslaught to pieces. It was soon all up to me to take them down. The missiles were the worst, they blew up around me, chucking stone in all directions. I finally managed to shoot the mutant holding the missile launchers and the others before they could pick it up again.

I headed through by myself, knowing that this wasn't going to be as easy as I had thought. Still, I couldn't give up now, letting the men die in vain. Gas filled the air, smelling horrible and making me feel dizzy. A leak was around somewhere but I needed to be careful when shooting in order not to set it off.

I went through into a room where to super mutants were hiding but managed to get the upper hand and take them both down.

Then I headed into the Statesman Hotel where the rangers are, or were, stationed. They were on the roof and I needed to get up there. I found the body of a ranger who was said by Reilly to be dead and used the code she gave me in order to open his ammo box. It gave me valuable bullets in order to shoot my way to the roof.

I met more heavy resistance in the hotel and with just me heading through, I'm not sure I could get through to the roof. However, I pushed on. I saw a mutant in the hallway and he managed to shoot at me and the bullet got through my armour. He was about the finish me off before his gun clicked, as he reloaded I managed to shoot him down and limp further through.

I was injured and losing blood quickly but managed to keep going. I found more mutants but managed to shoot them before they got me.

I managed to make my way to the elevator which lead to the roof of the hotel. I had made it. I fixed the lift and headed up to the roof. While I was in the lift I healed my wounds in order to help the rangers at the top.

However, when I exited the lift I arrived on a floor with more of them instead of the roof which I thought I would get to. I had healed my wounds but I didn't know if I would get more or not.

I managed to take some of them out quickly and met afew more but luckily managed to hit them before they could even notice me.

I then reached the door which led me to the roof of the hotel. Hopefully.

When I emerged from the building and onto the roof I found the true power of these mercs. Piles of mutants were strewn all over the place.

I found the mercenaries and told them who I was and what I was doing. The team medic, Butcher, healed my wounds better than I could do.

I called in the vertibird when I was sure it was safe to come in and talked to the rangers for a bit. They told me who they were and where they were based.

They looked tough but when I asked for them to join my army they rejected and said they were loyal to Reilly and still wanted to fight for the Rangers. Then the vertibird dropped in and we got out of there.

We went back to the base in the DC ruins and I saw the amount of defenses set up. One thing that was strange was the lack of defenders; only the four there but the defenses were set up as if they had about 20 mercenaries.

Anyway, I saw the sign and a flush of relief came over me. I knew now that I could finally rest after losing so much men. The reward better be good.

I met again with Reilly and talked about the reward. She was still limping but very glad that her friends were safe.

She offered me the reward and gave me two options:

I have never been good with big guns so I chose the armour.

Hopefully this will be able to protect me in the future battles and against the Talons. However, I lost a lot of good men today and didn't want to repeat that. I rested that night and then in the morning got the vertibird out with some new men over to our new target. I was glad Tenpenny was able to recruit so much men so quickly. Without that this mission would be a lot harder.
    Last edited by english crusader; February 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Chapter Eight - Wheaton Armoury and National Guard Depot
    When I met up with the men in the vertibird we received our next two objectives. First off we needed to head off to Wheaton Armoury. It was a Pre-War installation which is occupied now by raiders. Our second was the National Guard Depot, which was the base of the Pre-War Washington Militia. It was now controlled by rogue robots who once belonged to the US army, but now attacked any living organism on sight.

Both of these targets have heavily stocked armouries which we would use to equip myself and the troops with better equipment in order to fight of those Talon bastards. We headed out to Wheaton Armoury, located in the middle of the wasteland and, inn order to keep the element of surprise, got off the vertibird about half a mile out from it and walked the rest. I then saw the building over a ledge and positioned the men around it.

I took out my sniper and looked at the raiders inside the building. I saw around 10 of them and singalled for the men to get ready to take them out. I positioned my sights at the head of one of them and pulled the trigger.

The raiders head flew off and my men started firing at the rest. By now they were aware of our presence so I decided to take out my assault rifle and started hitting more of them from afar.

When they were either dead or hiding I headed down from the ledge into the ground outside the building of the armoury. My men were already clearing out the building and had taken a lot more down outside it. I came across a few more of them on my way but easily took them down.

I then went down into the underground where the actual armoury was located with a few of my men while the rest cleared out the rest in the building. We met no more resistance down here and headed into the actual armoury, which was stocked with weapons.

After we got the weapons we headed topside and called in the vertibird. We also got the weapons from the raiders and loaded them onto the vertibird when it dropped down. We lost no men this day, this was the only real victory we've had for a long time. We then heaed out to the National Guard Depot which was on the outskirts of the DC ruins. When we landed I spotted two protectron robots patrolling the entrance and took them both down before they could even see us.

After that we headed forward and I saw the sign at the top of the building.

At least we now know that this is the right place. When I headed in we were immediately 'greeted' by a Robobrain. I shot at the vulnerable glass and brain of the robot in order to take out its intelligence and to kill it eventually.

There was hardly any more robots as we headed onwars and I managed to turn off the troublesome turrets that was the only threat to the lives of our men.

After they were off we managed to finish off the Robobrains and Protectrons in the building, the turrets were also shot just in case they turned on again.

I had heard from one of my men who headed up to the higher floors that a sentry bot was guarding the higher levels, but he managed to get out of their before it spotted him. Luckily the armoury was at the bottom of the building so we didn't need to take it on. We then went down to the bottom of the depot and reached the door of the armoury.

After some tinkering with the computer next to it I managed to open the door and we headed into the well stocked armoury of the depot. We saw another door at the back of the depot and I tried to hack into it but couldn't get past it. Still, we still had the rest of the armoury to loot.

I headed to one side of the armoury and found a suit of armour and a helmet. It was a 'Dragonskin' outfit according to the label on it and was an elite suit of armour used by special forces in the US government. It also came with a black version of the outfit which I wore (as the woodland camo wasn't very appropriate for the wasteland).

We made our way out of the depot and called in the vertibird. I put on the armour which was indeed VERY tough and also very light.

We put the rest of the armour and weapons into the vertibird and got ready for the battle that was to come. We were ready. We must defeat the Talons. We can't lose.
    Last edited by english crusader; February 06, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Sweet! Is Dragonskin from a mod or in Fallout 3?

Sweet! Is Dragonskin from a mod or in Fallout 3?
    A mod You can find it here along with loads of other armours which are really good

Chapter 9 Part I - The Battle Against the Talon Company
    Me and the men were ready. It was about the happen; the inevitable battle against the Talons. We have prepared long and hard for the attack, gathering weapons and armour from across the wasteland in order to get ourselves ready for the tough battle ahead. Everyone was nervous, we all knew what was at stake. Fort Bannister was our target and today blood will be spilt on both sides. The men know this better than anyone and are all willing to die if it means eradicating those scum and wiping them off the planet for good.

As we headed to the battlegroundby foot, as the vertibird was heavily damaged in a training exercise (damn pilot!), everyone was silent. Not a word needed to be said today. The battle was going to happen and there was no backing out now. We have to win this. If we lose then the Talons will continue there rampage against us and everyone else in the wasteland. We can't let it continue. We just can't.

The journey there was very uneventful, only a few mole rats here and there in our way. These were just warm up for the fight ahead and were easily defeated by us. Finally we had made it after a long trek across miles of wasteland. The fort was heavily guarded and we couldn't send in a few bombing runs like usual, so we had to be stealthy. I spotted two mercs guarding the gate up on an elevated position so brought out my sniper from afar.

I steadied my scope to aim at his head. He walked up and down for a while but soon came to a stop. I pulled the trigger and his head flew off, with his body slumping to the ground. One down, one to go. I quickly aimed my rifle at the others head, who surprisingly didn't notice his friends head flying off. I took this to my advantage and lined up my sights with this ones head.

I took his head off before he found out about the other guard. I then moved forward with the men and pulled out a magnum. It was small, light and packed a good punch so I thought 'Why not?' and suddenly the Talons noticed they were under attack and started charging towards us. I shot a few rounds at one of those robobrains, obviously reprogrammed by the Talons to fight for them, and it fell down.

The men then starting firing there miniguns into the crowd of Talons, taking down many of the mercs. I managed to take down a few more before the rest were killed by my men. We searched in the tents for any supplies or hiding mercs and luckily I found a sewer grate, leading right into the Talon base underneath the Fort.

I headed down into the grate and found only a merc guarding this way into the base. I quickly took her down before she could alert her friends and continued on. I disarmed a few mines placed there by the mercs before they took blow and prove fatal to my soldiers.

We went into the merc base from the sewers and caught the unsuspecting mercs by surprise. Most were taken down before they could even draw their weapons, and caused little harm to my men.

Now the mercs were aware of our presence but we still battered our way through, pounding the mercs with our upgraded weapons and armour, which proved to be very useful. We pushed deeper into the base, looking for their Commander, Jabsco. I shot a few more before my men could but most of the fallen mercs were not done by me. At least they were dead. They had tough armour but we still managed to find weak points.

[ouch ]

After finishing all the mercs in thsi part of the base we headed through into the section were the commander was most likely located, seeing as he wasn't in his quarters.

We headed through and took down a few more Talons but we were also taking casualties by now. I thought we would still be able to make it through to Jabsco and kill the bastard but, to my absolute horror, the bastards had power armour!

Even our armour couldn't match that and our weapons were near useless against it. Only a few of their soldiers had a suit of power armour but this completely changed the tide of the battle. They started ripping through my men and wounded me. I limped back but on my travels all I found were dead bodies, Talon and friendly heaped amongst each other.

It was bloodshed. Utter bloodshed. I limped out of the Fort narrowly avoiding several bullets shot at me. I came back to the surface and I knew we had lost. All that effort, for nothing. The Talons had succeeded, and we had failed. We were beaten and now most of my men lie dead. They were sure to attack Tenpenny Tower soon when they find out the source of the attack. I limped away from the Talon base, defeated.

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by english crusader; February 09, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

Chapter 9 Part II - The Battle Against the Talon Company
    Continued from last post

I limped away from the fort after the defeat with a heavy heart. "What would happen now?" I asked myself, would they attack Tenpenny Tower or not? Before I could think any more, however, two super mutans were nearby and had spotted me. They started shooting at my position and I quickly dived behind a rock for cover. I knew that I had to survive this otherwise the residents of Tenpenny Tower were all dead. I then saw some Brotherhood Outcasts coming up behind me who started shooting at the super mutants.

They took down the two lumbering beasts with ease and, recognising who I was, asked how I was. I told them about what just happened and that I was injured. They knew what I had done for them in the past and then offered to escort me back to Fort Independence, in order to talk to Protector Casdin. It was a hard journey back considering my injury but it was helped by the fact the outcasts were with me.

When I arrived back at the fort I was greeted by Casdin who was then told by his soldiers (the ones that escorted me) the situation. They told me that they were, too, enemies of the Talons. He said to me that the time was now. After my men had gone in there and gave their lives fighting the Talons the base would be heavily weakened. We took down a lot of Talons then and now we had the outcasts with us we needed to attack now. We couldn't give them time to regroup and replenish their numbers so would attack now.

Even thought my men were defeated, it won't be in vain. The outcasts would go in and finish them off, once and for all! Casdin then asked me something that really did surprise me. He wanted me to lead the outcasts against the bastards! I had suffered an injury but he said I was capable enough and knew the place after fighting in it. I knew that I had to otherwise the Talons could bounce back so agreed. I stayed in the fort for a week for my injuries to heal the best they could, helped by the brilliant outcast medics, and then set out for the second battle of Fort Bannister.

The outcasts had hired three mercenaries to go along with me and the six outcasts in order to bolster our numbers. When we were ready, we set off to the Talon base.

Our march was uneventful. I suppose anyone who tried to attack us was too afraid of the man-tanks I had following me. We reached the Fort and met no resistance at all at the Talons originally on the surface were dead. We still saw some of their bodies littering the ruins but were glad that no one came to attack us. We headed down the same sewer grate as before to repeat the attack. Hopefully we can surprise them as they shouldn't expect a second attack after their victory.

We headed through and found the first sign of Talon presence. The outcasts managed to easily take them down without as much as a scratch on their armour. We headed through and they managed to kill most of them and we came across some of their power armour soldiers, one of them the same they killed so much of my men before.

However, the outcasts knew the weak points of this armour and had better weaponry than ours so easily took down the power armoured Talons without suffering any casualties. Not even the lightly armoured mercs were taken down; the outcasts were too quick. Soon Talon bodies again littered the hallways and rooms of the Fort.

When we had finished with the Talons in this section we headed on into the fort in order to get to Commander Jabsco.

We met more Talon resistance here but again the outcasts quickly took care of them. Their power armour was stronger and more advanced than the Talons' and not all of them had it, so they were easily beaten.

The fighter was getting more intense. We got further than I had before so the mercs were thicker around here. I took a few bullets, most of which were stopped by the Dragonskin armour, but some still managed to make their way through. I was injured but pressed on.

Then we made it into the room where the bastard Jabsco was. We had worked so hard to kill this guy and his goons; now we were about to do it. We suffered no casualties so far and were ready for this. He had advanced power armour and would be tough to take down but shouldn't cause too much of a problem with us all firing at him.

I opened fire on him and we came under fire from a few turrets on the roof. I saw a terminal so hacked onto it and down them down, to help give us the advantage.

When I done that I started firing on him again and he was taking a lot of hits but still wasn't going down. His power armour was very tough but it soon had to falter.

The dead were piling up now. The bastard was mowing us down along with his robot friend but we still pushed on, firing more and more at him.

Then from behind two more mercs appeared and started shooting at our mercs. I told everyone to focus on Jabsco while I took down his reinforcements. This wasn't going to be easy, but we needed to do this. Now, I didn't care if I died, as long as I took down him and the other mercs.

When I had finished off the other mercs I turned around and saw he was still alive. But, too my horror, all the outcasts and my mercs were dead. It was me and him now, fighting. Even though he had very strong power armour and had taken down all the other outcasts I knew I had to do this. He must die.

I took more hits and more got through to me. I started to feel weakened and my vision was blurring. I thought I was going to die but suddenly he fell down. I looked over at him and he lied there, unmoving. He was dead. I managed to reload my gun and take down his robot friend before it could finish me off.

My armour was drenched in blood and I could hardly walk, but he was dead. The Talons were nearly finished. All that remains were a few outposts here and there which would inevitably fall now that their commander, and base, had fallen. Just before I left the room, I looked at the death caused today.

I took everything of value that I could hold which unfortunately didn't include any power armour, but at least I got out of there alive. I slowly headed back towards Tenpenny Tower and radioed in to say what had happened. They were shocked but happy that the Talon base was taken out. The vertibird was functional again and came down to pick me up.

A week later I was again ready and my wounds were healed up enough for me to go back into action. I heard that raids were happening by us (with new soldiers), outcasts (even after they were all killed before), the Brotherhood and possibly super mutants, as they held a little bit of the DC ruins. We only knew one place that still held Talon company mercs and they gave me the honours of dealing the final blow. I headed out with three new recruits on the vertibird to the last stronghold.

This would be the soldiers' first taste of the action, and the Talons last. We were heading to the building that held the last Talons, and I got very excited about finally finishing off those bastards that were once such a dominant force, and one that led me to the Capital Wasteland. In a way, I was glad they did. Soon we were just outside the building they resided in.

When we headed in they were caught completely by surprise and we capitalised on this and took one of them out before he could even arm himself.

My men managed to take out another that had just managed to grab a gun but couldn't quite use it, and I finished the last one off.

They were dead. The Talons were finally gone. After taking so many losses we have finally killed the bastards. I have finally taken my revenge on those that drove me so far, made me live in fear and sleep with an eye open. Finally it was over. They were over.

But it wasn't the end for me. It wasn't even close. In fact, it has really just begun. I needed to do so much more and were ready to do it. I headed back to Tenpenny Tower for a well-deserved rest and to think up plans for the next mission.
    Last edited by english crusader; February 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Chapter Ten Part I - Slavers
    After a few weeks of rest Mr Burke met up with me to discuss a new mission he wants me to go on. I met him in his room in order to keep this quiet, he didn't want others hearing. The type of people he was now dealing with and who he wanted me to help were despicable. He told me that the pay was good but I wasn't so sure. After he promised me that it was only going to be this one time, I decided it had to be done.

I wasn't proud out what I was about to do. However, I thought I owed a debt to Mr Tenpenny for letting me into his hotel. I got a bunch of new recruits from Tenpenny, I don't know how he gets so much people to join him. I've never seen these guys train or anything, I only see them on missions. I headed out anyway, I couldn't let suspicion get in my way. Tenpenny was good to me. I'm sure he has his methods.

I got into the vertibird with the new recruits and headed to Paradise Falls, home to the Slavers. Hopefully they keep the slaves away, I don't think I could bear looking into their eyes. Poor bastards. I was stopped (rudely) by the slaver at the gate, Grouse. He said no one can enter unless on slaver business. I had to tell him who I was in order for him to let me in, but I had to leave the men behind. These guys didn't trust me, even though they knew Tenpenny well.

I headed through the gate, guilt hanging over me as I thought about working with slavers. I saw a slave trying to escape his suddenly his head exploded! It made me jump, and I was approached by a young child being held captive by the slavers.

He told me about his situation, and asked for help. This made me see who these guys really were. They kept children as slaves! How could they? It was painful for me to continue on through the slaver base, knowing I would be helping these bastards. I really felt ike just bailing out, but I can't just betray Tenpenny like that, for all he's done for me. I headed through the slaver infested camp and saw the boss standing above everyone on his balcony.

I, again, saw the child, Sammy, in his cage this time. He asked for help again for me to get him out. I couldn't with all these slavers around me. I said I would try if I could but doing it would kill me and most likely them as well. I met Eulogy Jones, the boss, in his home. I talked to him about the mission and he told me that he wanted me and the men to help out some more slavers kill some runaway slaves holed up in the Temple of Union.

I couldn't do it. These guys were worse than anyone I've seen before, maybe even he Talons. Tenpenny knew what these guys have done before and he deals with them. I can't keep helping him or these slavers. They were all bastards. All the things I've done, Megaton, all those people dead for a small sum of caps. It's not worth it. Maybe I couldn't redeem all my actions I've done in the past, but at least I will die with some light to my name.

He had two personal slaves with him, not hard to guess what they did with him alone. He said he would sell me one of them, Clover, for a price. I paid him the 1000 caps for her to 'help me with my mission'. He didn't know my true motives. I was gonna kill this bastard and all the slavers here. Clover would help me as 'she is crazy for anyone who holds her leash', even to kill her old master. I had to build up all my courage to do this. I HAD to. I brought out my gun very quickly and aimed it at the bastards head. Selling me his bodyguard would be the last thing he done.

I quickly pulled the trigger and his head came flying off. He hadn't even had enough time to pull out his gun, but that was the way I liked it. I radioed my men to tell them to meet me here, saying that it was an ambush. I would explain later but for now I had to take out these bastards. As I did so Clover had already started running towards his other bodyguard. She WAS crazy, wanting to kill her just because I wanted her to.

I heard gunshots outside and headed out of the building to help my men. The fighting was already fierce, dead bodies already littered the place. I shot the bastard who blew that guys head off when I first entered the building, before he could shoot my soldier. Blood sprayed out of him as bullets penetrated his skin.

It was an equal fight, slavers and soldiers falling all over the place. I managed to line up a few more targets and Clover was ripping through her old masters with her sword. A few bullets whizzed past my head but luckily none actually hit me as I shot another bastard.

More and more slavers now fell as my men gained the upper hand on them. A lot of my men were dead but a lot more still remained and were taking dwn the few remaining slavers.

Finally we managed to kill the last few slavers in this section, but there were inevitably more around the place. It was a hell of a battle, one that nearly killed me and led to the death of many good soldiers of mine. The place was littered with the corpses of slavers and soldiers alike.

I told the men to now clear out any buildings that still held slavers whilst I went into the barracks. When me, Clover and two of my men entered we saw that not a few remained, but a lot! As soon as we entered they reached for there guns and started shooting! Me and Clover managed to get to cover quickly but the same couldn't be said for the two soldiers. A lot stood at the entrance of the barracks.

However, as they stood in the doorway all it took for us was to rain bullets at them. I got hit by a few bullets, with one getting through my armour, but only just. Blood was splattered everywhere as Clover started to cleave up more of them. I took down the last guy in the place, who looked tough.

I cleaned up my wounds and headed further into the building, into the clinic where I found the doctor who started shoting at me from close up. Luckily my armour stopped the bullets and I then managed to take her down, as she was just in clothes. Blood now covered my body, not just mine but others' as well.

When I was sure we had cleared out this building I headed back towards the exit and to the outside again. I then saw the bodies of the slavers and my two soldiers in the entrance.

When I came back outside the men were waiting to tell me they had cleared out the other buildings and that only the guards at the entrance were remaining. Me and Clover headed up there while the men grabbed loot from the dead slavers and buildings. We headed towards the entrance to find the last of the bastards here. As soon as we came up to the entrance they started firing at us. I took out one of them hiding behind some sandbags whilst Clover took out the other in the open.

I then headed back to the slave pens, grabbed the key off of one of the dead slavers and opened the gates to let the captured slaves retreat. I didn't know where they would go, but I doubt they cared. Anywhere that they were free they would be happy.

They quickly ran out as soon as I opened the gates, shouting 'Freedom!' as they went.

Me and the soldiers then headed out of the slaver camp. I planned to now tell them everything, from going 'rogue' to why the slavers fought us. They were all gathered outside, as I told them what happened. Clover stood next to me as I addressed them:

Spoiler for My Confession and Reactions
    When they were all gathered, I started to tell them what happened. "You all know what these guys have done, and that Tenpenny wanted us to work with them. I radioed you to tell you that it was an ambush, but that was a lie" I told them. After I finished I heard them muttering, "What?" they were all saying, confused.

"The reason I told you to attack them was because I have seen what these bastards actually do. They keep children as slaves and I saw them blowing one guys' head up! I have had enough of doing evil deeds for Tenpenny. I attacked Eulogy in his home when he offered to sell me Clover. I lied because I didn't want you to walk away. I wanted to kill these guys and stop there trade now, and if you didn't help me I would've died, and they would've kept up this evil act. I had to do it."

Instead of seeing the expected disgust on their faces, they looked like they understood. I carried on "From now on I will be doing my own thing, for the good of the people, and not just for money. All of you signed on to fight for what Tenpenny asked you to, and if you leave now, I won't hold it against you." No one moved.

I then asked, "Your staying? You can go now, if you want". Still they didn't move. When I asked why, one on them replied, "Tenpenny hasn't been honest with you, and neither have we. We aren't wastelanders who wanted access to the Tower, we were slaves."

I was deeply shocked. All I could say was "What?!" He went on "Tenpenny paid the slavers for us to be in this army and trained us for it. He said if anyone siad anything he would kill us all. But now, we don't care about him, we were slaves kept right here, in Paradise Falls." That explains how Tenpenny could get so much so quickly. He was dealing with these people right from the start.

All respect I once held for this man was gone. I then told them "Our next mission is to go and speak to the escaped slaves at the Temple of Union. Our old targets will be our new allies. If anyone objects, they can go now." Again, no one said a word.

The vertibird was then called in and the pilot sided with me over Tenpenny. He said that whatever I needed, I could have. I took one last looke at the soldiers before it touched down.

Before I left I again talked to the children slaves kept at Paradise Falls, before they headed back to their town. They thanked me and offered to help, but I told them to just get home after what they have been through. They are only children, after all. I then boarded the vertibird with the men, to start anew.

Last edited by english crusader; February 13, 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Chapter 10 Part II - Slavers
    We finally landed outside the Temple of Union. These slaves were here to hide from the slavers and we were about to raid it with the slaver scum but instead we now are on their side and helping them to do what they need. We were starting again, and instead of instilling fear to wastelanders when they see our vertibird, they will now shout for our help. And we would give it to them.

We were stopped at the gates of the Temple and asked what we were doing. I told them that we wished to help them and reluctantly let us in, due to the leader of the group saying she has to. We met with their leader when we headed in and I told him about the story. He told me that he was happy that we had changed sides to help them instead of the slavers. He said that if we wanted to help we would need to talk to someone named Caleb Smith.

We then walked over to him and asked him for help and he told us that we needed to go the Museum of History in order to get a picture of the Lincoln Memorial. When I told him about the ghouls he said it might be in another section away from them. I wanted to think that it was in Underworld and the ghouls would hand it over to me, but it wouldn't be that easy, would it?

We then headed over to The Mall section of the DC ruins (again!) in order to find this museum (again!) to search for the picture. We got the vertibird into the DC ruins and landed just outside the museum. Beats walking any day. We then headed into the museum itself.

I was used to heading straight on and into Underworld but Caleb said I needed to go into the section of Abraham Lincoln, who is apparently there 'idol' and why they want to go to the memorial in the first place.

When I first entered it was dark and dusty. I headed through the first room and saw it was infested with ghouls. Feral ghouls!

One of them stared at where I was, I was sure it had seen me. I then screamed out and I hastily grabbed my gun, but luckily it walked the other way. I needed to take these down quickly. I lined up a shot and started firing at one. It fell, and the others started running at me. I took a few more down as they got closer and closer.

Then my soldiers managed to save me by opening fire on the zombies. The bullets started ripping holes out of them and they all fell into a mound on the floor. When they were all dead we headed up the stairs and took more and more down.

We then headed through into a huge room with turrets around it. This was going to be tough to get into with those turrets still going. However, I found a computer just before the entrance and managed to get into it. I switched off the turrets and managed to open the archive doors to get into where I needed.

The ghouls then came pouring out to us from the archives. Maybe leaving the turrets on to finish them off would've been a better idea. All my soldiers started spraying bullets at them, along with me.

We had taken a few down but they had come down the stairs and were now ready to rip up apart. They all chased after one soldiers, and ripped him apart before anyone could do anything about it. Poor bastard.

In revenge I then ran up to them and started shooting from point blank range. I managed to take a few down that were just standing there, contemplating what to do when they had killed the other soldier.

After we managed to take them all out we headed up the stairs that the ghouls had came from and went into the archives. I then saw the map on the wall, picked it up then got out of there.

We then returned to the Temple of Union and handed the picture to Caleb, and he told us to talk to the leader, Hannibal, again. We did so and he told us that we now needed to go to the Lincoln Memorial and take out the slavers located there. There wasn't as much there as in Paradise falls, thankfully, but they couldn't take them out so we needed to.

We took the vertibird over again and landed back at The Mall. I hope this was the last time we had to come here. We then went past the Washington Monument and over to the memorial. Firstly I called in the vertibird to make a bombing run on the stairs of the memorial.

After it passed me, clover and the two men with us started firing at the shocked slavers. They were unprepared for the attack and we took advantage of this.

They were now moving up the stairs to get to the higher ground but we had unrelenting fire at them so they wouldn't be able to use the elevation to their advantage.

They were heavily fortified behind there sandbags and on the elevated ground but didn't have the equipment or armour that we had and they started to fall, and we were pushing forward. I managed to climb up the stairs and brought out my sub-machine gun, which was better for close combat.

As I shot the last man we then made for the top of the memorial. My men checked the bodies of the slavers as me and Clover looked around for any signs of more. I headed round the back and disarmed a few traps set back there. I then went to the stairs and looked at the statue of the man himself.

I then called in the vertibird in order to go back to the Temple and tell Hannibal that the job was done. No one was injured (well, apart from the slavers!) when we left. I told him that the memorial was clear for him and the others to go to.

He thanked me and then we got on the vertibird to go. When we arrived they started making it their home and prepared to defend it against the super mutants and maybe other slavers.

I had done my first good act for the people of the wasteland. It won't be my last.

iPad not showing pics. Anyone else having the same problem?

iPad not showing pics. Anyone else having the same problem?
    Same for me on my iPod Touch. They show up fine on my latop but the pics on Chapters 8, 9 and 10 don't show up. Not sure why though :/

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I've had a lot of coursework to do recently. However I start my half term on the 5th March so I'll get loads of updates done then Only a short update today, next one is big though.

Chapter Eleven - Canterbury Commons
    We stepped on the vertibird just outside the memorial. I recently heard about a small trading town called 'Canterbury Commons' and so I decided that it would be our next destination. I was ready to help their people in any way possible, I needed to. I couldn't turn back now, and become the villain I once was.

We landed in our vertibird just outside of the town. I had a very defensible position, it was situated with cliffs all arounds the two sides that I could see, and probably the others as well. I walked up the long, curling path into the town and immediately saw a bunch of ants, along with some robots to the right of them.

It looked like they were ready for a fight! The residents of the town surely don't want these on their town. Maybe this would be my first mission today? Suddenly, as I walked over they started fighting! The robots included one of those sentry bots and a robobrainagainst the four ants.

I stayed out of the fight, not wanting to pick sides just yet until I know what's going on. The sentry bot managed to easily clean up the ants even after they had destroyed the other robot. The leader of the ants soon ran off along with the leader of the robots and the sentry bot. I wondered why the leader of the robots ran off when he could've finished off the ant woman easily.

Anyway, I headed on past the fight scene towards one of the residents of the town. He told me the story of what happened; the AntAgonizer harrased the town at first but didn't cause any major problems, then one of her ants killed the robot of a resident. This resident, who wass a mechanic, then moved to the local robot repair centre. The Mechanist then came to the town and fought off the ants, seeing himself as a 'hero' and 'saviour of the town', even though the residents weren't bothered by the ants. The resident I was talking to, Uncle Roe, then asked me for help.

As I was trying to be the 'good' character in all this, I headed over to the Mechanist's base, as he seems like the good guy. I made the short journey from the town to the repair centre and as soon as I entered a robot started attacking us!

However, me and the soldiers made quick work of it and soon it was killed. These robots had upgraded armour, likely from the Mechanist himself, so I decided to bring out a bigger gun for the fight. We then headed through into the lower part of the building, and came across some turrets stationed here.

These were easier to take down than the robot at the entrance. I then destroyed one of the two and started shooting the other.

They were easily taken down and soon I managed to head on further. As I walked up some stairs we came under fire from another turret. It caught me a few times in the armour but none got through and I managed to get behind cover before any managed to penetrate it. It was an advanced turret and we were pinned down from it's fire but luckily, from behind, robots came and destroyed it for us!

These must've been the Mechanists machines, under his direct control. We then moved through deeper into the repair centre and found another machine, friendly to us.

We headed through an finally made it through to the Mechanists hiding place. At first he thought the AntAgoniser had sent us to kill him but reassured him that we were on his side. We said we would raid the evil AntAgonisers lair and finish her once and for all. However, the plans soon changed.

As we stepped out of his quarters we were immediately attacked by one of the ants. However, this was no match for me, two soldiers, Clover and the Mechanist and was easily taken care of.

It was when we stepped out of the elevator and into the main lobby that we were heavily attacked. 4 or 5 ants and the AntAgoniser herself soon started attacking us.

I took on the AntAgoniser herself whilst the others took care of her minions. She managed to swipe at me with her blade once but it bounced of my helmet and one of thebullets I shot into her soon managed to find its way through her armour. She then fell, slumped against the wall. The others had done well and the rest of her ants were dead, her reign of terror at an end.

When I spoke to the Mechanist again he thanked me for his help. He said he would give up his 'hero' status and return as the mechanic of Canterbury Commons. He also said he'll use his robots to guard the town, just in case. He gave me the key to his secret workshop which contained lots of scrap metal and schmetics to a better improvement to our armour. It was made of metal and would be useful for the soldiers.

I returned to Canterbury Commons and Uncle Roe found me and thanked me for my help. He offered me some caps, but I turned them down and told him that I didn' do it for the reward, I did it to help the honest residents of this town.

We soon got onto the vertibird and headed to our next destination. We had word that something big was happening, and it would benefit the whole of the wasteland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast