Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Armenian Legionnaire's

Default New Armenian Legionnaire's + Spearmen

hello

I have been dabbling with Editing skins, So i have had a go at the Armenians (legions) hope you like these

this shows the old and new units.

there are certain elements of these units i really like, but a few i don't, i can't judge colour saturation on them as my monitor boosts saturation, so everything is a bit colourful.

please tell me what you think

thanks
    Last edited by lordgeordie; January 29, 2006 at 02:17 PM.
    (Lordgeordie )

They seem a LITTLE Bright, I would recommend darking them a little SPQR doesnt want the Vanilla Skin look. Also Try to keep everything in 1 thread its cleaner.

But also watch the brightness and too MUCH colour, after are they are Imitation Legions.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Default Red????

LT

would you still prefer them of a red colouring, or something well away from the normal romans??? i can easily dull and darken the red but would stepping away from the red colouring muck up the armenian look(as they are now red ), its up to you on the colouring or if you actually want me to edit these units for you? LOL

dam my monitor for its saturation, i overly colour them due to the fact i am not sure what everyone else sees hi hi hi

thanks for advice
    (Lordgeordie )

Default darker versions

hello

here are some less vanilla versions

hope you like the darker versions, i wanted to keep with the slightly golden armour, to differ from the numidian legions
    (Lordgeordie )

WOW the darker version is beautiful! great job man, there is alot of difference between the dark and first version.
    i think the painting on the shields makes them more "eastern"! gj
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

Default hello!!!

hello

Thanks very much, hope to keep learning about this skinning, do i need to learn 3dmax to allow higher res skins (e.g 512x512 versions)

(Lordgeordie )

Default Not sure you want these LT

hello

here are the armenians i did, not sure if you want these for 6 yet, but hey here's hoping (lol)

are these working ? (the reason is some of my zips have changed the name of the TGA's preventing them working)

thanks
    (Lordgeordie )

Yes the darker ones look great! I dont think the Sprites need to be made as they are close to the ones I had just fancy, and Sprites look like crap anyway. lol

Lt
    Lt_1956

Default No problem

hello

No problem, glad you like the units, we will not bother with the sprites then but i know fragrantflip has learnt how to do the sprites.

thanks

may have a go at another random unit
    (Lordgeordie )

Too bad you guys dont know how to make good UI cards. ;-(
    Lt_1956

Default Sorry

hello

sorry my 3d max version 3 won't open the cas files ???? the converter script brings up an error message???

the only way i could edit the UI is to do it all through the game engine, which would mean the units woold look shocking, will keep experimenting though.

oh just to add, can anyone remember how to allow the custom camera in rome (something to do with editing the target file name???/) the one which allowed everyone to do the screen grabs for SPQR (think my memory is going LOL)

any help would be great
    (Lordgeordie )

Quote Originally Posted by lordgeordie
    hello

sorry my 3d max version 3 won't open the cas files ???? the converter script brings up an error message???

the only way i could edit the UI is to do it all through the game engine, which would mean the units woold look shocking, will keep experimenting though.

oh just to add, can anyone remember how to allow the custom camera in rome (something to do with editing the target file name???/) the one which allowed everyone to do the screen grabs for SPQR (think my memory is going LOL)

any help would be great

try this... it should work ;-)

RomeTW.exe -movie_cam

here is a link with tutorial if you need it...

http://www.freewebtown.com/creepfilms/RTM_Doc06.html

Default thanks very much

hello

Thank you very much , thought i was going mad for a while there making up the target stuff......phew! :sweatingb
    (Lordgeordie )

im quite a n00b so i dont know where to put the files. help please ?

Default No problems

Hello

Yes the Movie cam worked..........thanks again

erm are you on about my TGA's (the skins) they go here .......
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\models_unit\textures

but i would advise saving my tgas onto your desktop or in a folder and then going into the rome folder displayed and copying the files you are going to replace and storing them just incase you hate my skins LOL and then copy and paste my files from your folder into that target above. it should replace the old one, and be the same size, and hey presto they should work.

hope thats what you wanted
    (Lordgeordie )

Hi lordgeordie,

I really like the skins you made, perhaps you should add a metal rim to the armenian leg's shield but everything else is great !

If Lt wants to take some of them for 6.0 and tells me which, I could make the UI.

Default hello

hello

thanks......................erm think LT may want to see what you can do, do a sample one and post it here, he may then get you to start doing the UI, do you use 3dmax for these??? and what version??

thanks for advice on shields, there is a metal rim already on them, but maybe too thin, don't think i will change as think LT already has them, and won't hound him with little changes.

(Lordgeordie )

thanks......................erm think LT may want to see what you can do, do a sample one and post it here, he may then get you to start doing the UI,
    It's not hard to make UI, but if he already accepted them ,he probably has someone making them for him.

do you use 3dmax for these??? and what version??
    3dsmax 7.

but maybe too thin, don't think i will change as think LT already has them, and won't hound him with little changes.
    Can't force you,but such a minor change wouldn't affect sprites or UI, which would be the only real trouble.

Default He may be interested

hello

]lt1956 Too bad you guys dont know how to make good UI cards. ;-(

he does say this though, go on show us your skills, you never know (sure your UI will be brilliant)

i mean i have only been skinning for 2 weeks
    (Lordgeordie )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast