Thread: Invisible troops in campaign battles...

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Invisible troops in campaign battles...

I am having a devil of a time with a couple of new units. I have created them OK and they work in every respect by they are invisible on the campaign battles (except for their equipment which floats about nicely) unless I am very close up). They appear just fine in custom battles. Anyone got any suggestions on what the problem is?

Default Re: Invisible troops in campaign battles...

I had this problem once, drove me insane. But bugger me, I can't remember what I did.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Marshal Beale ♠ View Post
    I had this problem once, drove me insane. But bugger me, I can't remember what I did.
    Yes - it's perfect that you replied Beale - your fix was recorded elsewhere by another person and I just found it - it's that the .dds file has to be saved as DTX5 and use mipmaps.

So, thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    I am having a devil of a time with a couple of new units. I have created them OK and they work in every respect by they are invisible on the campaign battles (except for their equipment which floats about nicely) unless I am very close up). They appear just fine in custom battles. Anyone got any suggestions on what the problem is?

im no genius but try ctrl + alt + delete to minimize it. Then click open. Thats helps on stuff i found.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Preatorians100 View Post
    im no genius but try ctrl + alt + delete to minimize it. Then click open. Thats helps on stuff i found.
    Thanks for that. I actually found it was because the skins' .dds file was not saved a specific way which, for some odd reason, has the invisible man effect. Solved now, though.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Thanks for starting this thread, it helped me . But when you did save it is a DXT5 with gimp, did you save it as ; BC3/DXT5, Alpha Exponent (DXT5), YCoCg (DXT5) or a YCoCg scaled (DXT5)? Because i wasnt sure?
    Last edited by Dee Jay; February 04, 2011 at 01:18 AM.