Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

i got the pic on my comp. but dont know how to put it on here

I have the same problem. Could you email it to me blitzkrieg? if you click on my name you should get the option to email

Thanks

Goth

yea i sent them to you.

One day I am going to kill those barbarians (have already done so)...
    Still not enough of a challenge

I have modified export_descr_unit.txt in die BI/Data folder to 0 turn infantry recruitment for Barbarian factions (except Sassanids). It didn't cause much of a change. I will try to modify the game further to create more of a challenge for the WRE.

Still..great job. The hordes on the borders and the two turn recruitment for Roman units are more my taste!!!
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg56
    yea i sent them to you.
    Got em thanks blitzkrieg

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca
    One day I am going to kill those barbarians (have already done so)...
    Still not enough of a challenge

I have modified export_descr_unit.txt in die BI/Data folder to 0 turn infantry recruitment for Barbarian factions (except Sassanids). It didn't cause much of a change. I will try to modify the game further to create more of a challenge for the WRE.

Still..great job. The hordes on the borders and the two turn recruitment for Roman units are more my taste!!!
    You must be good at this game boudicca, I would suggest you modify descr_strat.txt and give the barbarians larger and better quality forces at the start.

Goth

Dont double post mate! Thanks

-GrimSta
    Last edited by Libertine; January 31, 2006 at 05:49 PM.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Goth
    You must be good at this game boudicca, I would suggest you modify descr_strat.txt and give the barbarians larger and better quality forces at the start.

Goth
    And when you do, be sure to post a download link so I dont have to do it myself hmm?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I have some pictures of what sarmatians looked like. If you want i will send them. Moreover i have a lot of of another pictures.

@ Goth

I haven't downloaded Attila's 4.1 yet ( not sure if I'm gonna since I don't like the vanilla skins ), but are you going to include Attila's new units ( berbers? moslem warriors? banners? icons? )?

Would be cool if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Torquat
    I have some pictures of what sarmatians looked like. If you want i will send them. Moreover i have a lot of of another pictures.

Yes email me as many pictures as possible would be nice torquat , that would be great

Thanks

Goth

Quote Originally Posted by Joar
    @ Goth

I haven't downloaded Attila's 4.1 yet ( not sure if I'm gonna since I don't like the vanilla skins ), but are you going to include Attila's new units ( berbers? moslem warriors? banners? icons? )?

Would be cool if you did.
    Sure, its just a shame that Atilla launched just after i launched 2.2 or i would have waited a day to include them. As for trying out atillas 4.1 mod i would give it a go. You can copy over all the textures in bi\data\models_unit\textures that are not atillas (i.e. Atillas units all have AR at the start) and you should then have all the recolour skins in Atillas mod. One or two skins might not show because of alterations i have done in the code but essentially they should all copy over without disrupting Atillas mod. The only thing i would not try is to do the sprites (it can be done but causes a lot of problems as we know.
    i am gonna try and do the new skins for next weekend and will incorporate them into a new patch called 2.2.1( i need to get them done before because i go on holiday for 2 weeks on sunday)

Thanks joar

Goth

I have just found a little bug out in this version and it is that night battles do not work. The solution is to edit the file called descr_strat.txt which can be found in the folder Bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion . open the file with notepad and after the word campaign enter a new line options bi so the first few lines of the file look like this

; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

campaign barbarian_invasion
    options bi
    playable

For anyone who is worried about modding files i will include this fix in the new patch (2.2.1)due out saturday

Thanks

Do NOT Triple Post or you will be in trouble.

-GrimSta
    Last edited by Libertine; January 31, 2006 at 05:52 PM.

hi sorry but does is this mod compatible with attila's 4.1 gold version? many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gg_wong
    hi sorry but does is this mod compatible with attila's 4.1 gold version? many thanks
    Sorry gg_wong but it is a totally seperate mod. I have posted a file in atillas thread for the recolours of units not already modded by atilla though but unfortunately you cant yet play all factions with atillas mod

Goth

Hi,

I've just installed BI after playing alot with RTR and patched it to 1.6 .
    I've downloaded your mod, first I deleted the map/base folder in the Barbarian Invasion data folder. Then I installed your mod with the fixes. Whenever I want to start the game with the Romani-British I can't see the map in the faction selection menu and if I hit start the game crashes to the desktop.
    Please can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Szkítia

Edit:
    "The last thing you need to do is delete the file called map.rwm which can be found in the
    Rome Total War/bi/data/world/maps/base folder otherwise the game will not work."

Ahem... I think I messed this up a bit. I deleted the whole map/base folder.

Edit2:
    Okay I fixed it, the game works now. I'm playing as the Romano-British. This is very very good modification! It made BI enjoyable for me again. Thank you Goth!
    Last edited by Szkítia; February 04, 2006 at 08:22 AM.

***PATCH 2.2.1*** This patch includes all the fixes and tweaks from 2.1.1 and 2.2. The additions this time are Atilla reloadeds new units have been added and night battles have been fixed so they now work. Because ther are extra graphics involved with this patch the download file is nearly 10 mb so its back to rapidshare for the download
    Download it here http://rapidshare.de/files/12537579/...2.2.1.rar.html
    Download then extract with winrar and copy/paste the bi and data folders into your Rome - Total War folder
    This patch is not compatable with save games
    Atilla reloaded is retiring from modding RTW so i just want to say a big thanks to Atilla as this mod would not have been as successful without his skins
    I am going on holiday in a few hours so cant provide support or further patches for the next 2 weeks. In the meantime everyone have fun.

Goth

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Goth, first of all thanks for your mod.
    I have to report some kind of mibehaviour whith the installation of your 2.2.1 patch.
    I can't play the imperial campaing because when I click on it, a message appears saying: "You have to select one of the options first".
    I overwrite the 2.2.1 patch with the 2.2 files and I can start my game.
    I uninstalled everything but it keeps saying the same.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Diego, from Argentina

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Goth,
    This is great work.
    Inspired by this mod, I have been trying to do something similar (playable RB, slavs, hordeing Saxons) based off AR's 4.1, since I prefer the map he uses. I have been able to learn a lot from looking at your mod but I have come upon a very strange situation. I hav enabled RB and slavs as playable (am not planning to do Ostrogoths) now when I enabled hordeing by the Saxons (I edited desc_sm_factions and export_desc_unit) the Slavs are eliminated from the start of the game. When I delete the lines I added in desc_sm_factions (even when retaining edited export_desc_units), they're OK again? these are the lines I added
    Code:
    faction						saxons
    culture						barbarian
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_saxons.CAS
    rebel_symbol				models_strat/symbol_barb_rebel.CAS
    primary_colour				red 184, green 101, blue 25
    secondary_colour			red 184, green 101, blue 25
    loading_logo				loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_saxons.tga
    standard_index				7
    logo_index					236		; Index into strat3.rsd
    small_logo_index			250		; Index into shared.rsd
    triumph_value				5
    intro_movie
    victory_movie				fmv/victory/saxons_win.wmv
    defeat_movie				fmv/lose/saxons_eliminated.wmv
    death_movie					fmv/lose/saxons_eliminated.wmv
    custom_battle_availability	yes
    horde_min_units				50
    horde_max_units				100
    horde_max_units_reduction_every_horde 20
    horde_unit_per_settlement_population	200
    horde_min_named_characters	4
    horde_max_percent_army_stack 80
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture	15
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture	30
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture	45
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture	60
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture	100
    horde_unit					horde saxon hearth troops
    horde_unit					horde spearman saxon
    horde_unit					horde saxon hunters
    horde_unit					horde saxon sea raiders
    horde_unit					horde saxon keels
    horde_unit					horde saxon keels
    can_sap						yes
    prefers_naval_invasions		yes
    as you can see, I got a lot of those ideas from u :wink: I just added horde saxon keels
    of course I have the relevant unit entries in export_desc_unit
    however, I still can't see why removing or adding these lines will affect the playability of the Slavs? I would really appreciate your insight on this.
    -Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Question regarding the Goth Mod:

Does the Goth Mod use the vanilla BI map or one of those extended maps? I find the quality of play with BI to be superior to RTW and the reason is that the AI plays much more effectively with fewer cities and regions. I saw a noticeable erosion of AI ability when I installed some of the extended maps.

Let me quote from the first page of this mod:

"Onto the changes made in this mod
    Larger map with new cities(seleukos Map)
    Improved Battles (Darths gameplay fix 1.6)
    Atillas skins"

So it uses Seleukos BI map. But that map has left provinces (mostly) untouched and has only carefully added a few.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

How is the challenge playing any of the barbarian factions in the latest version of this mod? I'm considering the Allemani or the Franks. Will plain vanilla be a better option challenge-wise while playing barbarian factions since the Roman factions seem to be discriminated against in this mod?

Default more findings

Hey Goth and thank you for all the work you've put into this mod it's made the money i spent on BI worth it. However I'm currently experiencing a bug where whenever I (Goths) attack certain Roxolani armys the game CTD after the battle finishes loading. Its early in the game and my forces include: Gothic Lancers, Gothic Spearman, Gothic Raiders, Steppe Bowman (thier card is currently the dark peasant btw and they are a unit i aquired during 'horde' and now that i'm restablished they are still in my army but with zero upkeep cost). I think it has something to do with the Generals as it seems that the game crashes more often when a general is involved in the battle. (unsure if theres ever been one where there wasnt a general).

I hope this info helps, Im not a modder so my general idea is just speculation.

Thx again

EDIT: K well after playing some more I dont think that the Roxolani are the problem as it is now CTDin every couple battles regardless of whether im fighting them or the ERE. Not so sure about the general theory anymore either
    hopes this helps
    Last edited by Villain31; February 16, 2006 at 08:29 PM. Reason: changes

Who was he?? Did you see him?? Did you get a good look at him.....???

I coulda been anybody....

Last edited by Ricimer; February 15, 2006 at 11:37 PM.