Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

Quote Originally Posted by monte0525
    I also experienced those random crashes, I can still continue my campaign with the patch right???
    Yes you can use your save game with the new patch. It should work no problem

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.Cinna
    hmmm 2 questions:

first of all please could you host the downloads somewhere else as well? everyone seems to use rapidshare lately....78 minutes to wait until I can dl the patch

2nd I tried to search for the spelling mistakes you talked about so I can test the mod a bit until I can dl the patch....so I haven't tested it yet but I found several lines with another spelling mistake... "romno-britishc.tga" just thought I'd mention that, dunno if it causes a ctd.

ok, so finally thanks for the mod, gonna test it now.
    Yes i have had a few complaints about rapidshare so if anyone knows somewhere else i can upload to then please make a suggestion. I cant unfortunately upload anything to TWC (I am blocked because i joined too late) so if anyone that can upload here and wants to upload it for me then that would be great.

The spelling mistake you mention is from Atilla reloadeds file and needs to be spelt that way if you alter it to good spelling the game will crash.

Ok it worked eerything is good but did u ever get the chance to see my earlier text. It was about the Romano-Brits not being ablw to recruit the more advanced units, in the newly conquered towns, unless its supposed to be that way ??
    "Fear is the mind killer" Children of Dune
    Always hope for the best and expect the worst...

Playing as the Romano-Brits, I noticed that when i conqueor new cities I cant seem to recruit my advanced heavy infantry, this is with the army barracks and urban barracks. The only cities i can recruit all my units are the two cities i started out with, dunno if thats how its supposed to be or a bug.
    Yes its supposed to be that way. Its so you have to have a core of truly british heavy infantry supported by auxiliaries from the conquered territories.

Ohhhh....ok, well that definately makes it a harder campaign for the brits

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.Cinna
    hmmmm....something very strange happened to me. I got a CTD fighting against the Sasanids as ERE.

So, i tested all units in custom battle mode and well...it works BUT whenever I use Clibanarii vs Camel Raiders i get a CTD. If I use those units vs something else it works. how can this happen? I mean I do know how to mod the files if there's something wrong with the skin but I never saw something like this.
    I have found the problem its a spelling mistake on ere clininarii in descr_model_battle.txt. I am updating the patch to 2.1.1 . the line ended with sprite.spr_sprite.spr and should just have been sprite.spr.
    download the new patch from the first post. All links to the patch have been updated to the 2.1.1 version

Everyone please let me know if you are still getting crashes with the new patch. If so i am going to reupload both downloads but without the sprites and if anyone can upload the mod to TWC for me i would be very grateful.

Thanks

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; January 20, 2006 at 02:07 AM.

By the way great mod Goth, I actually played BI for like 7-8 hours straight, now i need to go eat After the patch i havent recieved any crashes yet but ill report any if i do..

Ohhhh....ok, well that definately makes it a harder campaign for the brits
    I know you dont want it to be too easy monte :wink:

Thanks

Goth

***** Patch 2.1 upgraded to 2.1.1*****

Download of this file does not use rapid share so there is no waiting

Download from here http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...=0#entry169000
    you will find patch 2.1.1 in the first post

Thanks

Goth

Tried it and also got random Cdt's both on campaign map and end of battles but didnt noticed the patch already avaiable, so gonna install it asap.
    Also need to make a few tweeks on the video options as I did a battle where 5 slav armies apeeared agst mine solo Frank 1. There where more then 5000 solders on screen and battle was lagging baddly all time (But no cdt's on that one).
    Gonna try to change unit size to normal and turn antialiasing off (Im playing a few other mods with all sets max and armies set to large but as all combats i had till this one where thought with a max of 1500 troops I never had any lag pbls before).
    I got the Slavs, Ostrogoths and Burgundian hordes invading My territory as Frank on 3th turn and really need to think a good way to avoid them surrounding My capital (As I took a rebel city on the end of 2nd turn), they tend to accept aliances to easy just to break them after.
    And MY frank army cant defeat 5000 slavs, lol (Not due to lag but due to superior numbers, I killed more then 2000 slaves but got exterminated in the end).

Quote Originally Posted by Goth
    Brigands and Pirates now appear very rarely(they got on my nerves)
    Love your mod, but how do I ad these back in? I like killing rebel scum!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

To get brigands and pirates back is easy. I dont know if you have modded before so i will talk as if you havent. use notepad and open the file called descr_strat.txt which can be found in the bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian invasion folder. Once you have opened it you should see these lines just below all the faction names

start_date 363 summer
    end_date 580 summer

marian_reforms_disabled
    rebelling_characters_active
    gladiator_uprising_disabled
    night_battles_enabled
    brigand_spawn_value 100
    pirate_spawn_value 100

To set back to the old bi values you need to change the line brigand_spawn_value 100, to brigand_spawn_value 10 and the line pirate_spawn_value 100 to pirate_spawn_value 12.

Glad you like it
    Thanks
    Goth

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Lee
    Tried it and also got random Cdt's both on campaign map and end of battles but didnt noticed the patch already avaiable, so gonna install it asap.
    Also need to make a few tweeks on the video options as I did a battle where 5 slav armies apeeared agst mine solo Frank 1. There where more then 5000 solders on screen and battle was lagging baddly all time (But no cdt's on that one).
    Gonna try to change unit size to normal and turn antialiasing off (Im playing a few other mods with all sets max and armies set to large but as all combats i had till this one where thought with a max of 1500 troops I never had any lag pbls before).
    I got the Slavs, Ostrogoths and Burgundian hordes invading My territory as Frank on 3th turn and really need to think a good way to avoid them surrounding My capital (As I took a rebel city on the end of 2nd turn), they tend to accept aliances to easy just to break them after.
    And MY frank army cant defeat 5000 slavs, lol (Not due to lag but due to superior numbers, I killed more then 2000 slaves but got exterminated in the end).
    Just like it really happened , the slavs just kept coming, except they headed for the balkans instead. Strange that the ostrogoths went in that direction up till now they have always gone for thrace in my games.

Goth

Hehehehe, now I understand the fear from the hords!
    About the Ostrogoths, I started 2 different factions, Lombards and francks, on both Slave hordes appeared around 2nd turn.
    On one of them Vandals and Ostrogoths also turned into hords and one invaded My teritory also.
    Now I cant remenber if it was while playing as Lombard or as Franck.
    However seems that I need to become also a hord in order to survive, probably will go aiming to Iberia on the next game, after patching it.

Laetus

Hi all :original: tks Goths for your work.

I have a problem with your MOD, saxons units cards does not post itself (peasants) in custom battle and in battle either.

Antrustions, Horde Hunters, Hunters

I am only?

Herdsmen & hunnic heavy cavalry for huns, no in custom battle? and campaign?

I have a fresh copy off rtw+bi+1.6+your mod+patch 2.1.1

thank you goth :wink:

ps: sry for my bad english ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis

I have a problem with your MOD, saxons units cards does not post itself (peasants) in custom battle and in battle either.

I am only?

I have the same problem that you've described
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Laetus

I have to try to see or was the problem :original:

for antrustions ==> descr_model_battle

type horde_sword_heerbann ;Frankish unit
    ;--------------------------------------
    skeleton fs_slow_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture slave, bi/data/models_unit/textures/AR_unit_frankish_noble_swordsman.tga
    texture franks, bi/data/models_unit/textures/AR_unit_frankish_noble_swordsman.tga
    texture burgundii, bi/data/models_unit/textures/AR_unit_frankish_noble_swordsman.tga
    texture lombardi, bi/data/models_unit/textures/AR_unit_frankish_noble_swordsman.tga
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/AR_BI_unit_frankish_horde_chosen_swordsman_lod1.cas, 15 ;BUGS "contains cloak_end bone" <=== this defaut??
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/AR_BI_unit_frankish_horde_chosen_swordsman_lod1.cas, 30
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/AR_BI_unit_frankish_horde_chosen_swordsman_lod1.cas, 40
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/AR_BI_unit_frankish_horde_chosen_swordsman_lod1.cas, max
    ;model_sprite 60.0, bi/data/sprites/vandals_steppe_swordsmen_sprite.spr
    model_sprite lombardi, 60.0, bi/data/sprites/vandals_steppe_swordsmen_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, bi/data/sprites/slave_sword_heerbann_sprite.spr
    model_sprite burgundii, 60.0, bi/data/sprites/vandals_steppe_swordsmen_sprite.spr
    model_sprite franks, 60.0, bi/data/sprites/vandals_steppe_swordsmen_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

I do not see too much of or come the problem

Goth !! :original: help

I played a while and get no CTD's in the campaign map. But I fought out a custom battle between Sarmatians and Alemanni, and got a CTD. Tried it again and it worked, so I don't know what happened.

Best BI mod yet, if new banners are made and the Sassanids loose that dreadful cyan, it would be even better. Good job, Goth.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis

I am only?

All the unit cards for the saxons have been changed to those used by Atillas skins and old unit cards removed. Antrusions , horde Hunters and saxon hunters are no longer used by the campaign game so they are showing as grey peasant icons in the custom game.
    As for the hun herdsmen they are available in both custom battle and campaign but the Heavy Cavalry I have removed from the game because i consider them unrealistic unit. however if you want to reintroduce them to the game open the file export_descr_unit.txt (which can be found in the Bi\Data Folder) with notepad. Go to edit at the top and click on find. Type hunnic heavy cavalry and press enter and it will take you to the hunnic heavy cavalry unit info
    The last line on the hunnic heavy cavalry listing will say ownership slave
    after the word slave type , huns so the line looks like this

ownership slave, huns

Save it and thats it hunnic heavy cavalry are available in custom and campaign game again
    Edit- dont try doing this to reintroduce saxon units as the chance of causing a conflict with Atillas units are high.

Thanks

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; January 20, 2006 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar
    I played a while and get no CTD's in the campaign map. But I fought out a custom battle between Sarmatians and Alemanni, and got a CTD. Tried it again and it worked, so I don't know what happened.

Best BI mod yet, if new banners are made and the Sassanids loose that dreadful cyan, it would be even better. Good job, Goth.
    Sounds like another sprite problem to me. The reason there have been ctd bugs with sprites is because of the reason you have decribed joar. They crash the game but then in another instance they work. thats why so many(this is the 3rd) have slipped through testing.
    I will look for it now and fix. Thanks for reporting it joar. We will have this mod bug free yet

edit

I have tried a custom battle between alemanni and sarmatians using all the units of both factions four times and got no ctd. I have also been all the way through descr_model_battle.txt file checking all sarmatian and alemanni units and couldnt find an error. Keep me posted if it happens again joar.

Thanks

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; January 20, 2006 at 12:36 PM.