Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

Default Re: Goths All Factions V2.0 for BI 1.6 Released

Played it for about 10 minutes. Very nice to get rid of those vanilla units.

Good job!

Default Re: Goths All Factions V2.0 for BI 1.6 Released

Screenshots courtesy of Imageshack

Hope you like em
    Goth

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

Hi Goth! Your mod is awesme! I really like the feeling of trying to hold the empire together while the barbarians are at my borders.
    Thanks for your effort.

Diego, from Argentina

PS: Can't wait for julians mod

Question: you have changed the red on the WRE banner, right? To a more darker tone? If so, could you not make a new banner for the ERE? A dark red one would be nice...

It's really the best BI mod out there right now, thanks to you Goth !
    I'm glad to see that your 2.4 version got the attention it deserved (front page & sticky).

-Scorp

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Question: Do all the new units have the right sprites?

To Empedocles
    Thanks for the Great comments mate, You are the longest supporter of this mod and I am happy you like the new version , cheers mate

To Joar
    Hi Joar , havent seen you for ages how are you?, I have recoloured all the faction flags just making them darker really, but yes i have considered doing new ones for all the factions in later versions. I am not sure when this will be but it is on the cards

To Scorpion
    Hi scorpion, I am so glad you like it mate but I have an apology to give to you, I did get the WRE and ERE rebel factions working as starting factions but i had to remove them, during testing I found that they worked with no problems at all untill either the WRE or the ERE wiped them out , the game would crash the next time I pressed the turn button. I think it has something to do with the faction destroyed function, I didnt have time to work on it any more before release so I had to leave them out of this version. You should notice however that goths and ostrogoths can now build ports which is your suggestion , thanks for that scorpion

To remix
    In a sense yes they do, I am not very good at sprites so most of the factions use the vandal sprites, this has the effect of looking dark in the distance until they come closer . This would normally look odd but because of the reshading techniques and archers skymod they actually blend as they turn into the proper skins. There is no sharp change of colour. All the skins have been redesigned to provide maximum visual realism on the battlefield, I have watched many movies with large scale battles such as Troy , Lord of the Rings, Gladiator etc just to get the right blend of shade and light and have got as close as i can . the aim was not so much beautiful units as realistic looking units with the dirt and grime of campaining

Thanks Guys
    Goth

Yes, like I said before, I've been out of it for while, but I'm good. I really enjoy your mod, like someone said before me; it's the best BI mod out there. For me as a player, I must say it's pure bliss to download a mod, install it and play it without tons of bugs etc. Good job!

About the banners, I really like the new ones and the WRE looks good with the new darker tone. The only one I really think could use a facelift is the purple ERE one. I personally would prefer a dark red tone.

Once again: thanks for a great mod!

They screens look very promissing , so i immediatly downloaded the mod and installed it properly...

But now , when i start my BI , i starts , but before reaching the loading screen , it just dissapears , and im back to windows

Can anyone help me please , so i can start playing this faboulous mod

thanks,
    catilina
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?

Ehh, I keep getting CTD's every time with the ERE. In battle against the Ostrogoths outside Hadrianapolis I get constant CTD's about a couple of minutes into the battle, when the armies clash so to speak.

EDIT: I also tried fighting the Sassanids playing as the ERE, and the result is constant CTD's right before the armies clash.

It seems to be restricted to the ERE, cause it only happens when I play them.

Any idea what could be wrong?
    Last edited by Joar; April 11, 2006 at 10:31 AM.

Hi Joar
    I have found the bug, its the ERE Clibinarii, I had this bug ages ago and fixed it, all i can think of is that in the constant editing from file to file i have done i have ported the bug back in and then missed it during testing. What the problem is , is that the ere clibinarii are given a bow in EDU file but the model does not support a firing animation so when the ERE Clibinarii attempt to fire the game CTDs. I have already fixed the bug and will release a patch in about a weeks time (I want to leave it this long in case any more bugs turn up between now and then), for now play with ERE but if you have Clibinarii in your army turn off fire at will and only let them melee and all will be fine. Sorry for the bug mate, as i said its found its way back in after already being sorted out
    EDIT - just done a hotfix for the bug use this link to access it
    http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...0&#entry224000

to Catalina
    I am pretty sure that you have made a mistake that most people with your problem make, Copy both folders into the main Rome total war folder. Alot of people make the mistake of putting the data folder into the bi folder . It needs to be placed alongside the bi folder and not in it. I am almost sure this is the problem you have but if you install again and it still doesnt work then by all means post again and i will try to resolve it for you. Unfortunately if you have put data in to the bi folder then you will have messed your bi install up and may need to reinstall bi and patch to 1.6 again.
    Good Luck mate

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; April 11, 2006 at 11:48 AM.

Miles

Goth: Great Mod! I installed BI about 1 month ago and couldn't stand it...in the drawer it went. But I saw v2.4 came out so I gave it a shot, not having played previous versions....in short, IT ROCKS!! Thanks for all your hard work.

OK, I will try that. No worries, everything else works fine. I especially love the new mercenary recruiting.

Thanks mdibatti i am glad you are enjoying it, dont forget to download and add the hotfix though, you can find it
    here - http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...0&#entry224000

Have fun mate
    goth

Miles

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Just DL'd it.

I've played it now for a couple of hours and it's really good. The best BI mod in my book.

A few questions and thoughts:

- Why can I recruit the Goth foederati warband, Goth foot nobles and Auxilia Illiricani in Euxinus ( Pityus ) but not in Thracia or the western regions of the ERE?
    - In custom battle, I can use the legions with the heavily coloured shield ( forgot their name, "Arma..." something ), but not in campaign - why?

A nice feature - I think - for future versions would be to include ostrogoth and other units into the Hun faction. This would be nice since the Hun armies consisted of many subdued client tribes and kingdoms.

Hi Joar
    The first 2 are an oversight that I wasnt even aware of and can be fixed for the next patch so thanks for pointing them out, as for the huns they had lots of auxiliaries fighting for them and i was a bit confused about what to give them in this way so i decided in the end for just purely hunnic units otherwise we would have ostrogoths in the hunnnic army and ostrogoths in the ostrogoth army. To include them in a hunnic army I would have to create brand new units so they didnt clash with ostrogoth troops, not hard to do but possible for the next patch, we shall see
    Goth

Can I see I screeny or two of celts please? The celts were lacking in vanilla. I'd like to see what you've done to add more to them.

The celts in this mod looks nothing like the vanilla units. Just download it and install ( really easy, just takes a few seconds and you'll have a brand new game ). I promise you'll like it.

These are the only screenshots i currently have of the celts, they are of a battle between the Romano-Brits and the Celts
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Goth