View Poll Results: What Year Will the Mighty Medieval III Be Released??

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

8 11.27%

30 42.25%

14 19.72%
  • Sometime After 2014 though its a terrible thought

19 26.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Place Your Bets!! Medieval III Release Date

Default Re: Place Your Bets!! Medieval III Release Date

didn't they say rome 2 was coming out after Shogun?

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

no they havent said anything official, its just popular opinion because everyone loves rome for some reason.

anyway, after shogun II i dont expect a new game until 2013, because i really want them to just build a new engine and leave behind the bad memories of empire, like the 1v1 duels that appear to be hardcoded or something since i have not seen them removed, and the hard to mod files. Added to that, by 2012 the current engine will be outdated anyway.

And, i hope its not medieval 3. there are litteraly hundreds of time periods they could do, especially if they do geeographic or event specific games like napoleon. The only sequal appropriate after Shogun 2 is Rome 2. After that (if they go in that order) they need something new, to bring life into this series, because a series of repeating titles isnt good, and its plain bad when they have 4 things to repeat. The possibilities for new games are especially exciting if they abandon the eurocentric model, the rest of the world had a military history too.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Nefarious's Avatar Tiro

Voted.
    However, I feel a compromise on time frames would not be a compromise on gameplay, Specifically, I wish the next incarnation to be of the Early Middle Ages
    (Dark Ages to the unenlightened). The separation age between RTW and MTW saw two of the best expansions: Barbarian and Viking Invasion, respectively.
    Let's say 400 to 1100. This would encompass the deposition of the last Western Roman emperor(476) and the Battle of Hastings(1066).

Collapse of centralized security, fiefs, vassals, rise of feudalism, Castellan revolution, Viking exploration, Magyars, Ottomans, Hungarian raiders, societal militarization,
    people's not-so-unfamiliar paranoia over Y1K. The possibilities are vast and were barely grazed upon in the two aforementioned expansions.
    At 700 years, turns could be 2 or 4 turns per year. Almost all of us mod that anyway.

The possibilities are quite interesting, imo. Still Europe, still dangerous and unpredictable, yet more gritty.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Nefarious; January 17, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.

-------
    You want to know what? Really?? My political profile? Are you sure? Alright, then...

Fireright's Avatar Campidoctor

Not a bad idea that rep dispensed. Some kind of 'merger' would kill two birds with one stone and maybe appeal to both the rome and med calls for updated games. Possibly kick off with some BI stuff with the Romans in the game on their last legs, then move up the timescale to reach some decent med style stuff and beyond

You heard it here first....Sept 1, 2012...Fireright TW (alias Med3)

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

What about 2012 : Total War, you have 2012 turns to play before the worlds ends, but it's a game that is released 2012 12 19 so you only have two days to finish it

Nefarious's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Fireright View Post
    Some kind of 'merger' would kill two birds with one stone and maybe appeal to both the rome and med calls for updated games. Possibly kick off with some BI stuff with the Romans in the game on their last legs, then move up the timescale to reach some decent med style stuff and beyond
    Exactly!
    Instead of hoping for an R2TW or M3TW, a Dark Ages:TW(call it what you will) has the potential to satisfy all.
    It's just an idea, but one I feel would provide challenging strategy, eye-candy-filled tactical battles, and overall fun gameplay.
    CA could possibly divide it into three eras, as well.
    1. Late RTW/Barbarian Invasion time frame.
    2. Viking Invasion time frame, to include Magyars and Ottomans.
    3. Early MTW time frame, when feudalism is beginning to define national boundaries/loyalties.

And just think of the possibilities for the mod community.
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.

-------
    You want to know what? Really?? My political profile? Are you sure? Alright, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    Exactly!
    Instead of hoping for an R2TW or M3TW, a Dark Ages:TW(call it what you will) has the potential to satisfy all.
    It's just an idea, but one I feel would provide challenging strategy, eye-candy-filled tactical battles, and overall fun gameplay.
    CA could possibly divide it into three eras, as well.
    1. Late RTW/Barbarian Invasion time frame.
    2. Viking Invasion time frame, to include Magyars and Ottomans.
    3. Early MTW time frame, when feudalism is beginning to define national boundaries/loyalties.

And just think of the possibilities for the mod community.
    I quite agree; the Romano-Sassanid wars of awesomeness, the Arab conquests, the Viking, Magyar, and Avar invasions, the Khazar Khaganate, Charlemagne, Belisarius- the possibilities are endless.
    I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling, then copy this into your signature.

The Source's Avatar Senator

if it comes out on the 24/12/12
    im gonna be pissed......

they need to make an ancient Asia based total war game. A lot happened in ancient china...legendary Sun Tzu!

I think that they will probably go back to Rome and make Rome 2, but I voted for 2013 anyway because wishful wish

I prefer Medieval than Rome, but I wouldn't mind a Rome version of Medieval. But since that is going to be covered anyway with mods such as Europa Barbarorum II, I'm not worried.

General Dithrick's Avatar Libertus
    Fort Collins. The most unknown place you'll never hear about.

Wasn't the world suppose to end like a 11 years ago?
    Anyway... I voted 2012. If CA is doing this whole re-visitation thing then after Shogun it would probably be Med 3 not Rome2 thats just what I think what is most likely to happen.

I also really like the idea of a Dark Age Total War but doesn't Barbarian Invasion kinda cover a bit of that? Asia total war(Or Dynasty: Total War) would be cool too because it would be a nice change from European stuff. (Shogun doesn't count!)
    Last edited by General Dithrick; January 19, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
    "In war, there are no unwounded soldiers."
    ~José Narosky

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by General Dithrick View Post
    Wasn't the world suppose to end like a 11 years ago?
    according to theorists, the world should have ended every couple years, ever since the days of christ. anything from him returning, to Y2K, none if has actually happened though. (hopefully obviously )

Anyway... I voted 2012. If CA is doing this whole re-visitation thing then after Shogun it would probably be Med 3 not Rome2 thats just what I think what is most likely to happen.
    ? the is the first game revisited in like 5 years. it would have come later but apperantly CA needs to pump out another game for the cash or something. Anyway, Rome Two would make more sense bussiness wise, its been longer and public polls constently show the greatest demand is for R2, Medieval 3 is in a very far from first position, especially since alot of people are tired of europe.

I also really like the idea of a Dark Age Total War but doesn't Barbarian Invasion kinda cover a bit of that?
    iirc Bi ends with the fall of rome, and the "dark ages" began with the fall of rome.

Asia total war(Or Dynasty: Total War) would be cool too because it would be a nice change from European stuff. (Shogun doesn't count!)
    I 100% agree
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Rougeman's Avatar Ducenarius

what about World War 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Rougeman View Post
    what about World War 2?
    I've considered this before but concluded that it would be just horrible. I sincerely hope Total War never tries to modern or god forbid future warfare. The most I'd ever want to see them do is mid to late 19th century, but that seems already well covered with NTW and Empire Total War seems like it was a total failure.

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Sometime After 2014 if ever.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

I doubt there will be a Medieval III. It seems more likely that a Rome II will be made. Then an Empire II. Maybe after that, or maybe after that, no more Total War games. D:

General Dithrick's Avatar Libertus
    Fort Collins. The most unknown place you'll never hear about.

I was thinking maybe World War 1 would be interesting. It would be somewhat like Empire only with a few different units and such.
    Last edited by General Dithrick; January 20, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
    "In war, there are no unwounded soldiers."
    ~José Narosky

Medieval 3 would do little to restore honor to the TW series if it doesn't have mod tools.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

My hopes are:

Never: Shogun 2 Total War
    2011: Rome II Total War
    2012: Empire II Total War
    2013: Medieval III Total war

I wonder if Medieval III will address all of these concerns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast