Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please !!!

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon8 Help Please !!!

Hello i was wondering if someone can tell me how do i stop a faction from coming back after you defeat it completely ?

I am playing Schwert and Spear conquer the world mod for MTW 2 Kingdoms and every time i defeat the Byzantines they come back the next turn with 4 full stacks of elite troops with full experience and weapons skill.

And i keep trying to have to fight them off and i am on the verge of losing my campaign because of it.What files do i need to edit to stop this from happening?

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Regards Logik....
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Help Please !!!

Is it a horde? If so you have to kill them all before they settle, again.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Is it a horde? If so you have to kill them all before they settle, again.

Yeah i guess that is the word for it You kill them all and take all there settlements and instead of being eliminated from the campaign like they normally do they just come back the next turn with full stack armies outside of Constantinople.

I have destroyed them completely 5 times already.
    I know there is a file where you can remove this from the game i just don't remember what it was.

Do you know by any chance? Thank you very much.

Regards Logik...
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

As long as there is a General alive someplace, they will keep coming back.

As long as there is a General alive someplace, they will keep coming back.

But that is just the thing I kill every single one of there generals and any stray armies they leave behind but still next turn they come right back.I get the msg faction is defeated then next turn i get the msg the hordes have arrived and viola there they are again knocking at my door with 4 full elite stacks of troops.

Is very perplexing to say the least and frustrating. And is just not the Byzantines but it seems like every faction in the game is capable of hoarding.

Isn't it a script that causes this? Couldn't i just remove it?

Again thank you.

Regards Logik....

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Thatīs what I was figuring as well.
    It probably happens because they still have FMs left...
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    Thatīs what I was figuring as well.
    It probably happens because they still have FMs left...
    As i said in my post below i kill every general and family member ships Etc and i check the entire map just to be sure and then i get the Faction Destroyed msg and the next turn there back like a bad nightmare.

Those are scripted armies until they run out, as in all are spawned on the map they can't be terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Those are scripted armies until they run out, as in all are spawned on the map they can't be terminated.
    Hi and thank you for the response my apologies but i don't quite follow you...

What did you mean by scripted armies?

Does that mean that that the creator of the mod modded the Ai armies to continue to spawn every time you destroy them?

Wow so that means i am just screwed then if that's the case. That blows though because is very hard to continue to fight battle after battle.It kills your economy and decimates my armies as well.I was hoping that i can delete it out of the script.:

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Logik View Post
    Does that mean that that the creator of the mod modded the Ai armies to continue to spawn every time you destroy them?
    .:
    No, that means the Ai armies have a limited number of respawnings, they cant go "re-emerging" for ever, they will eventually stop(or at least, they should do so). They have to run out, as Ishan is saying. You have to search in the files to see exactly what that's about, probably in the campaign_script.txt file, or something similar..

If that is the case, perhaps the best course of action is to allow the faction to live but isolated. Like trapping a remnant of their stacks with forts or allowing them a settlement. So long as that remnant doesn't get killed, the script won't trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandru View Post
    No, that means the Ai armies have a limited number of respawnings, they cant go "re-emerging" for ever, they will eventually stop(or at least, they should do so). They have to run out, as Ishan is saying. You have to search in the files to see exactly what that's about, probably in the campaign_script.txt file, or something similar..
    Yes that's what i meant and yes that's the only file where spawned armies are placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandru View Post
    Hmm i see what your saying. Maybe editing the campaign_script.txt file might do the trick? What would i even look for i wonder? Thanks for the responses to all of you .: Rep+

In the campaign script, search for byzantium and/or byzantine, and see what monitors a nd triggers show up. It maybe in there for every faction.

In the campaign script, search for byzantium and/or byzantine, and see what monitors a nd triggers show up. It maybe in there for every faction.
    Hmmm ok i'll give that a try.I'll let you guys know what i find.Maybe i should post an example of one of the factions campaign script and have you guys look at it.Think that would help?

Thanks a million

Regards Logik...

Quote Originally Posted by Logik View Post
    Hmmm ok i'll give that a try.I'll let you guys know what i find.Maybe i should post an example of one of the factions campaign script and have you guys look at it.Think that would help?

Thanks a million

Regards Logik...
    It would be fun to see how they did it.

It would be fun to see how they did it.
    I got ya buddy i am about to check it out now and post it.I hope i am not violating any rules by doing so though.Be back in a few.

Ok i believe i found what your saying is this what i am looking for?

It begins like this....
    RESPAWN FACTIONS ******************************
    ;**************************************** Lithuania ******************************

declare_counter lithuania_lost

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionIsLocal
    and I_EventCounter nebel_des_krieges_accepted = 1
    set_counter lithuania_lost 0
    if I_FactionLeaderTrait lithuania Factionleader > 0
    set_counter lithuania_lost 1
    end_if
    if I_CompareCounter lithuania_lost = 0
    and I_NumberOfSettlements lithuania = 0
    historic_event litauen_spawn
    increment_kings_purse lithuania 30000

Antioch ******************************

declare_counter antioch_lost

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionIsLocal
    and I_EventCounter nebel_des_krieges_accepted = 1
    set_counter antioch_lost 0
    if I_FactionLeaderTrait antioch Factionleader > 0
    set_counter antioch_lost 1
    end_if
    if I_CompareCounter antioch_lost = 0
    and I_NumberOfSettlements antioch = 0
    historic_event antioch_spawn
    increment_kings_purse antioch 30000

Those are a few examples..

Yes, and it looks almost impossible to kill them off.

Yes, and it looks almost impossible to kill them off.

Damn that sucks i mean is like a never ending war.It's crazy.So there is nothing i can do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast