Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to install mods

Default Re: How to install mods

I have empire on steam. ive downloaded mods for arma2 arma 3, skyrim and many others but NOTHING works for empire or napoleon. I wish I could enjoy the unit mod and sounds but when I download them and place them in my data file they don't work as if I did nothing at all. I have windows 8 and followed all readmes on mods done everything I could and cannot for the life of me to get a single mod to work. I even downloaded the mod manager and that doesn't work either. the boxes are missing and cant check or uncheck anything what am I doing wrong. ive never had so much trouble with downloading mods before. thanks in advance for your help. your words on here will help a lot of others like me

Default Re: How to install mods

I AM NOT SURE HOW TO ACTIVATE THE MOD BEFORE STARTING THE GAME???? ANY HELP?

Quote Originally Posted by ForteS View Post
    TUTORIAL: HOW TO INSTALL VARIOUS TYPES OF MODS FOR E:TW

Some E:TW mods come with it ones installers, although the majority need to be manually installed, here is a tutorial of how to install various types of mods:

Where to place the mod files:

• trade_routes.esf
    • sea_grids.esf
    • pathfinding.esf
    • poi.esf
    • regions.esf

The files above are related with the campaign map they usually go to the 'global_map' folder which you can find in 'X:\[...]\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaign_maps\global_map
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• startpos.esf
    • scripting.lua

The files above are related with the campaign it self, they usually go to 'X:\[...]\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main'
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• .pack files

This type of file usually goes to the 'data' folder which you can find here 'X:\[...]\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data' , some types of pack also need to be activated to do this make download of the 'mod manager' or add something like 'somemod.pack;' to the 'user.empire_script' file which you can find in 'X:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts'.

If after read the info above you still don't knowing how to install a mod, please post here and I'll help you.

obs: This tutorial as been made using Windows Vista.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12