Thread: Phalanx Bug ?

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon5 Phalanx Bug ?

Hello guys. SPQR 8.0 is awesome, other reviews from me, unnecessary . good...job and I must sey it..I like the new landscape,it looks much better now...ok.

Now I must ask here. I have a problem with all 'Pike' factions. In every battle they 'glitch' on entire map . I want to ask if... only I have this problem and if there is a solution to fix this.

sorry for bad english thx for trying to understand.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Menumorut; January 15, 2011 at 03:46 PM.

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Default Re: Phalanx Bug ?

Pike factions? What do you mean? Are you playing as the romans? Phalanx formation seems to be working fine for me. Can you specify or rephrase your question?

Yap, in every battle at one point..phalanx units start spred out on entire map..like in theat picts' from spoiler. I mean...every phalanx unit start spread out. Plus in battle because of this SPREDOUT on map, phalanx units lose. They don't keep the line, actually they stand (on guard mode) and tourn with back to enemy..and get easy killd.
    In every SPQR mod version I have this problem.I instal correct this mod owver a clean copy. In even have also RS2 instal, and work perfect. On previous vs of SPQR I realy though the problem was me, but now I am not sure of this.

Last edited by Menumorut; January 16, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

The phalanx-bug you describe is due to the engine. It happens once the phalanx-soldiers switch to their secondary weapons(usually the swords). The bug was corrected in version 1.9(alexander). So if you dont want this bug playing SPQR you must play it with the alex-exe.....or remove the secondary weapon of the phalangites.

Thx m8, now I know from were come and what to do. Thx again!

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

IT happens to me with other soldiers as well, so its worth to use the Alexander. exe probably. Not sure how it works on other troops tho

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Wow, I never had that happen in my tests. Could it be something with the Non English versions? I did alot of tests back with 6.0 and never had the issue. I guess the simple fix would be for you to remove the Secondary sword. I dont suggest using Alex.exe could cause CTD issues as the Game is designed to use features in RTW that are not in Alex like Testudo. In my game when the Phalanx formation fails they switch to Swords and fight, so I don't know why it doesn't happen with me. Maybe it has something to do with Gold versions? I use the old version of RTW with the 1.5 patch.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

JA, and I use the old version of RTW with the 1.5 patch. I dont have Gold version or play through Steam...Dont know, I have it from prevoius SPQR version, but I noticed in some youtube vids, others don have it only I...P.S: I use english version...

Hello guys! Please help. I have the same problem but with Rome: Total war this time. It happens very often and I hate it cause it's usually the reason way I lose sometimes. The phalanx seems to loose formation for no reason and the units themselves are "pushed" on every corner of the battlefield.. (they seem to be receiving hits and abounded the formation moving backwards) Any tips I could use?

Like it said Remove the secondary weapon and that should fix the bug with RTW
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004