Thread: [SOLVED] Old intromovie. New version.

Default [SOLVED] Old intromovie. New version.

I am clueless. I have had troubles with Empire crashing and now I have verified the game. The game works. Reinstalled Darth Mod 6.2 and added the 6.8+ patch from the torrent.
    It starts without trouble but shows the old intromovie. The Readme says it's version 6.8 and nothing in the game seems weird. Got all extra units ( though they can't move so far. A fleet from Sweden needs 3 turns to get to the entry to africa point. Or what to call it.

Is something wrong here? I have tried reinstalling several times. The intromovie doesn't mean anything, just that I am a bit worried that something is screwed. Ideas?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Old intromovie. New version.

Moved to DM Support.

It isn't installed correctly, otherwise you would have the new intro and naval units would be able to sail a very long way.

I would suggest you uninstall every DM related, verify, and try again. You may well have done this before, but it will have to be done again.
    If it doesn't work a complete reinstall of ETW may be required.

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] Old intromovie. New version.

Okay.

Argh. Damnit. Well, I will do as you suggest. I have however done it and such before. Might it be so that my downloads are corrupted? Or that there are files lying around after uninstall perhaps? (I manually delete the script folder) The uninstallation is very quick. It's uninstalled in less than 4 - 5 seconds.

Will get back about the result.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

have you used any other major mods recently that have intro movies? such as The American Revolution?

As above (thanks Nanny)

Make sure there are no mod files whatsoever sitting in the data folder.

Artifex

I saw in another thread, the Civil War I think, where Toon raised the point of the intro vids not updating when he flipped back to the American Revolution mod. The issues may be related...so if Master-Krill has been using other major mods that make this addition to the media pack file, then that may be the cause

Hello. No, I have never used any other mods. Only Darth mod. Am installing it again now. Darth mod that is.

Got it working. Validated/Verified the Empire files. Reinstalled. And it works. Done that several times already. I do not know what was different this time. I restarted the computer a couple times ( had a lan today ) so that might have something to do with it. Also, I did manually delete all files I THOUGHT could have something to do with Darth mod before validating. ( Since validating/verifying completes all missing files anyways) Thanks for your assistance.

Artifex

glad it worked out! damn computers...suddenly work and without explanation sometimes! LOL

Excellent-solved and locked.