Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Baltic Crusades" patch 1.3 (Denmark) W.I.P.

Default Re: "Baltic Crusades" patch 1.3 (Denmark) W.I.P.

great looking units well done team ! +rep

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

aaaaa, i want patch 1.3

this is cool... i like

Diversus's Avatar Civis

hhmmm looks like reskined Lithuania, but of course it looks great. I just think that faces needs remake
    Last edited by Diversus; February 20, 2011 at 08:51 AM.

I love the mod, as well as the update, but, you've made the same mistake as the M2TW team did.
    You add denmark but forget about sweden. Thats a bitt add, scince the swedes were just as powerful in the early days as the danes, if not even stronger!
    Simply put, you just Can't have denmark without sweden, you simply can't, especially in the baltic.

Diversus's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by JonElias View Post
    I love the mod, as well as the update, but, you've made the same mistake as the M2TW team did.
    You add denmark but forget about sweden. Thats a bitt add, scince the swedes were just as powerful in the early days as the danes, if not even stronger!
    Simply put, you just Can't have denmark without sweden, you simply can't, especially in the baltic.
    I think there will be Sweden in new release.

lol just arrived home from Germany, and noticed it was only a preview :/. Really cant wait.

hhmmm looks like reskined Lithuania, but of course it looks great. I just think that faces needs remake
    Hello!
    Tnx for interest in mod friends!
    Its not a mistake to not put Sweden, its lack of manpower to do it. When Denmark faction is finished if somebody can help the coding work Sweden can be maded as clone for begining.

There is a lot of stuff to remade, for now faces will stay as generic. Much more important is unit types, armor etc.

Good LUCK!

When?

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Excellent pictures. Tartaros, you energy rabbit calm down I can't rep you until later again.

Authentic name suggestions for a Danish roster:

Huscarls - Riddare (highest of the Low nobility)

2-handed axemen - huscarls (outdated from the viking age, but still pack a serious punch. Should thus be limited/inefficiant to maintain)

Swordsmen - Drengjar (The topdog sons of the richest farmers within a Hauld cluster. Good moral)

Militiamen - Landevearn (rough regular militiamen, but abit above average since they would not decline an invitation to fight pagans abroad in a Crusade)

axemen - freemen (average joe, not included in any regular army or militia, but was dragged along anyway to bolster the armys)

crossbow - lasboga (literally means "crossbow")

warcleric - Frelsir (Literally means "saved", as in saved from paying taxes to the king. These were the barons, lords and Jarls of the land who would not fight unless a very high price was offered. Very heavily armoured and with a strong fighting spirit. )

PS: If this is the complete list, then that would be the optimal names. It do lack some units to fill the gaps of army levy spearmen, regular spearmen, squires, maybe a guild unit, etc. but let me know if you would like more names for more units ;-)

~Wille the Norse historian
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Perun74's Avatar Foederatus

What about CTD on winter time sieges???

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Pturs74 View Post
    What about CTD on winter time sieges???
    Fix for that http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=357707

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

some wintersieges are still buggy, but the fix works for the majority of sieges.

Perun74's Avatar Foederatus

gitas3, _Tartaros_
    Thanks guys!

Excellent job again !

when?

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Waiting as well

I hope it gets released some time. I would like play this mode. But I cannot. Some units don't fight. Not only Rittenbruder.

This looks jolly good sir!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast