Page 1 of 161 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: The TWC Art Gallery

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Default The TWC Art Gallery

If anyone wants to post their works of art on TWC then post them here!

I've posted some pencil drawings of mine. Any comments, questions, or constructive criticism is fine.

A drawing of a lone dragon looking over a cliff, taking in his domain. I tried to make him look still powerful even though he is resting and also have a regal look to him as well.

Any LOTR fans out there? A drawing of Morgoth sitting on his thrown, pointing to where he wants his hordes of orcs, trolls, and beasts of every kind to go into Beleriand. If anyone doesn't know, this is all from the Simarillion.

The Siege of Gondolin! If you notice, the gates of Gondolin have the "G" rune worked into them. In the foreground Gothmog is on his steed, a mighty dragon, urging his army to break through. You may also notice the huge siege weapon the horde is using on the right side of the drawing. I remember seeing something like that in a book a long time ago where the sieging army would place a huge hook type tool on an enemy wall and then pull on it until the wall broke so I added that idea into this drawing.

The War of Wrath. Huge eagles fighting dragons. Near the bottom you can see the white elves from Valinor cutting into the hordes of Morgoth.

Everyone's favorite, Smaug. His eye is opened a bit to try and see if he can spot Bilbo running away with the goblet. See if you can find Bilbo!

Yes, it's a naked woman. I was sick of drawing dragons and decided to give a go at showing the female figure. Hope she looks good!

A rose. I added in color using Paintshop.

That's all I have for now! Feel free to post some of your own creations!

Props to greek302 for originating this idea.
    Last edited by Lord Rahl; December 13, 2006 at 10:47 PM.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Oh my god, you drew those?

We have an arteest on our hands gentlemen. That's amazing... I wish I could draw a fraction as good as you, but I really am terrible with drawing.

The detail on that is amazing - how long did it take you to do the first drawing? By the way, I found Bilbo!

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Content Emeritus

Thanks Justinian!

I drew all of the LOTR-esque (including the Silmarillion drawings) in my long and bored hours during High School. I always add in detail. It gets to be a pain in the ass sometimes (with all of the scales and shading) but the finished product looks a lot better. Even though I am a hardcore Conservative prick I am very artistic. I know it's weird. It took me approximately 6 X-Files episodes to draw the dragon "lounging" on the cliff. The woman, I'm guessing something around 3 and a half hours. The rose was something like 2 hours in all including the coloring. Ah, you found Bilbo! He is a sneaky little hobbit!

btw, some of those drawings make really cool computer backgrounds! I've got the War of Wrath on right now!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

Kino's Avatar Citizen

Deleted by user.
    Last edited by Kino; January 17, 2007 at 04:40 AM.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
    "The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the unloved they are Jesus in disguise." - Mother Teresa
    Under the patronage of Ardeur

Content Emeritus

Haha, cool drawings!

I actually looked through a lot of my drawings from an earlier age today and it is funny trying to think of what I was thinking of when I was drawing back then. BTW Justinian, all you have to do is keep drawing to get better. That's it, although I know a few people who just don't have any artistic skills at all.

I used to draw when I was bored in class in High School, did more of a cartoon or anime style. Though I wasn't at all into anime back then, it was just easy to draw.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

mithradetes's Avatar Miles

"wrath of god"

"son of sparta"

"jake mule"

"hittin the brakes"

these are it, plz give critisism and props
    "What the ? I told you to put him in guard and you do a forward roll? You can take that summersault and shove it up your ass!"
    -Renzo Gracie

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Where do you guys upload so huge pictures?

Here's something I did as unit illustrations to Chivalry TW
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    although I know a few people who just don't have any artistic skills at all.
    Me.

Lord Rahl, I must be blind! I cant find Bilbo!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Content Emeritus

You can't 'see Bilbo'. Remember, he has the One Ring on!!!

Atterdag,

Well, if the image is black and white I usually save it as a .gif image since they use less pixels than a .jpeg. If you look up the properties of mithradetes' drawings you will see that he doesn't use imageshack (which only uploads 1024kb. He uses photobucket.
    Last edited by Lord Rahl; January 18, 2006 at 01:13 PM.

Wow! Most incredible drawings of all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSaradain
    Lord Rahl, I must be blind! I cant find Bilbo!
    You have to look for the floating goblet.

The only thing I can draw is maps, and not terribly well either.

Content Emeritus

Oooohh!

I love drawing maps! After class today I'll see if I have any I can scan and then post.

Does anyone have paintings or photos they would like to show? I have some of those too!

I'm really good at designing maps that, you know, scientifically work. Finding logical places for cities, mountains, rivers, marshes, et cetera. It's a lot of fun - but drawing maps, well, mine always look a bit bad. Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

I have gotten some pretty nifty maps from getting arteests to draw them for me, though.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

All right...here are some of mine. There are in order of which I drew them. You can see a difference between them.
    Oh, and sorry if the quality is bad. I don't have a scanner and had to use my camera.

This Templar originally had his helmet in his hand, but I redid it so he would be wearing it. Thats why the right hand looks kind of wierd

I still have another batch which I will post later. The funny thing is that I love to draw, but I do it sporadically. I do it a lot, then I stop for a long time. Then I'm like "Hey, I feel like drawing"

My best is yet to come

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Banzai! Some months ago I went into samurai mode and just drew a bunch om 'em.
    Well because of the late hour I only post one today. Later tommorow I'll show you some more.

Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Nice Atterdag!

I really wish I didn't suck so much at drawing. It would be cool to be able to draw things I envision.

Content Emeritus

Try photography or painting!

I like that samurai Atterdag!

therussian,

I think the third knight is the coolest.

Hey Rahl? You like drawing maps right? Then what's the best way to go about drawing contour lines? I've doodled a little bit, but it isn't really working. I'm trying to add contour lines to much of the land surface on this:

And then go about adding details, etc. And fix the longish blob that is supposed to look like a river. I could probably use a ripples or something to make it look river ish...