Thread: [Project] Border Princes Redone

Default [Project] Border Princes Redone

Hi everybody.

i read much about, that people are discontent with the embodiment of the Border Princes. They look to slawic, to much like something from Kislev.
    I planed in the past how i would transcript the Border Princes, based on description from "Renegade Crowns".

Now that the Border Princes are released, i planed to redone them, but can't do that all by myself because my MilkShape Version is runned out and i have seriosly no know about the inbounding in Medieval II.

My Idea is to replace the Border Princes Units with more Imperial/Breton looking Units, that i describe in my last Thread. Maybee someone is working on something similar.
    The Concept that i make would give them an yellow-brown look similar like that retexture that i made for Swordsmen.

Bowmen Concept (f.moc.)

Colour example:

If anyone is interessted, contact me.

And please none of these one-line"do it *smilie*" Posts, because that crap doesn't help me anyway.
    Last edited by Raubritter; January 13, 2011 at 06:16 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: [Project] Border Princes Redone

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see this project continued

good initiative

o great i will look on this mod .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Good idea but I think the few modelers around here are busy with their own projects. Maybe you'd be better off reskinning the existing units, or give some Empire units to the Border Princes and reskin those.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

The border princes units look very good but as you said they are too Slavic (like barbarian tribes). They could have more imperial flavor.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, they look too slavic. Since they were founded by the crusaders, they should be more like Bretonnia/Empire.
    Very interesting sub-mod

I won't touch the BP untill this mod will come out .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

There are lots of kingdom's vanilla models that are very much of the BP flavour IMO, like Ostmen and gwent raiders in the Brittania campaign, or gotland footmen, polish spearmen, Italian militia cavalry, or minor alterations to eastern infantry (shields and weapons) could work very well, there are finished bretonian infantry floating around somewhere, they'd be good as mercs, kislev, tilean and imperial troops should be available too. Also peasants should be like a hallmark of the BP faction.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Geroj's Avatar Libertus

Almost all models for bc are from Rusichi total war mod so yes they look too much slavic, but why not they are great models and mostly great textures

So i'am checking out all the medieval II mod that i have for thing that i would use to put something together, that should have the right flavor of the Border Princes.
    Should end as a mix between Bretonian/Feudal Stuff and Imperial/17th Century Stuff. But because my damn milkshape prog. is running out i can't put them together at the moment.
    I'am still hopeing that someone else is working on a redone and maybee i can help them.

Almost all models for bc are from Rusichi total war mod so yes they look too much slavic, but why not they are great models and mostly great textures
    Oh yeah everything is so great and blabla. Don't you get it? It makes no sense to have a slavic cultur like kislev far up in the north, and than have a slavic cultur south to the heartland of the Empire.
    The Teutonic Order and some Lithuania Units look more like Border Princes than the choosen Units to. Hell, the Lord of the Rings Team did an better recycling of that with the Hillmen and Dunelander.
    I can't understand why they doing this. Must be some lokal patriotism thing like these strange stalin jokes.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Raubritter View Post
    So i'am checking out all the medieval II mod that i have for thing that i would use to put something together, that should have the right flavor of the Border Princes.
    Should end as a mix between Bretonian/Feudal Stuff and Imperial/17th Century Stuff. But because my damn milkshape prog. is running out i can't put them together at the moment.
    I'am still hopeing that someone else is working on a redone and maybee i can help them.

Oh yeah everything is so great and blabla. Don't you get it? It makes no sense to have a slavic cultur like kislev far up in the north, and than have a slavic cultur south to the heartland of the Empire.
    The Teutonic Order and some Lithuania Units look more like Border Princes than the choosen Units to. Hell, the Lord of the Rings Team did an better recycling of that with the Hillmen and Dunelander.
    I can't understand why they doing this. Must be some lokal patriotism thing like these strange stalin jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Im glad that someone want to give to some love to this faction, is fun to play with them (having less technologies than the empire make them more badass when is time to kick orc asses XD) and a brettonia style would just make them more awsome, besides of course the possibly new units to have some variety.
    Maybe you could start with a list of possibly units or you just want redone the models of the actual ones??

If you want the 2 i find a few models that have a bretonnia feel (sadly they are from TA, so idk if they are willing to share models for a sub mod)

Note: I dont like TA, it's boring, but i just think the models have more detail and personality than vanilla models, of course they will need some retexture work

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...litia#imagebox

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...ughts#imagebox

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...itias#imagebox

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...litia#imagebox

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Raubritter View Post
    Try Broken Crescent, there are a few units in Kingdom of Jerusalem that look kind of Bretonian. You can view permissions here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315949

And for 17th century stuff try For King and Country http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=804
    Last edited by randir14; January 19, 2011 at 09:38 PM.

Try Broken Crescent, there are a few units in Kingdom of Jerusalem that look kind of Bretonian
    I have BC already. Some of theme are realy nice, just need some different Textures and Head replacement.

And for 17th century stuff try For King and Country
    I have delent that mod. But that wasn't so much important. But i guess, later i could need the models from the pikemen. Mostly the Helmets like the Cabasset and maybee i find some way to use the Pot.
    So that they look like these guys.

But not yet. I must either buy a new PC for my own in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Karion
    Maybe you could start with a list of possibly units or you just want redone the models of the actual ones??
    Read the first post, klick the link to my pre-1.4 thread and there are my ideas for that before they done the border princess. You can mix so mutch stuff together in that chapter, but just put some rus Units in was damn weak. Faceing that, they sould better given that faction slot to bretonia.

Agree right now the BP are just a low tier units of Kislev with no even a piece of artillery (i would like to know if they have at least a trebuchet in lore)
    Bretonnia would be a excellent addition too, considering the new pegasus animations and the fact they just need some retextures vanilla units for start (Thinking that with just using units of peasants and archers from vanilla MTW, and change the stats of the knights of the realm to make grail knights, you have made most of the brettonia army)

I wish you success in your work.
    Border Princess is a bloody cultural mix. For the most developmentally lower standing than their neighbors. What is actually not a bad thing (more - it is very good, properly captures the atmosphere of the border ... especially the color and developmentally), but too uniform.
    Tilean's, Breton, Imperial, Greenskins, Vampires, Undead, mercenary bands, and the devil knows what else. Just look poorly units that will be fine. Lots of gray colors, green and brown would be best. Dirt. Primitive weapon, a rather small number of firearms ... probably the lack of guns.