Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Default The Amazing Spider-Man

What do you guys think? Are we looking at a "Batman Begins"-style gritty origin story?

I think it looks dope.

Last edited by D.B. Cooper; February 15, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Spiderman Reboot - New Still

What the heck happened to his suit?
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    What the heck happened to his suit?
    You ask and the fans have answered;

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/13...man-costume-2/
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Oh, for 's sake! Can we at least wait for the next generation to grow up for remaking/-booting/screwing up stuff once more?

Can someone sent a truck with cocaine to Hollywood, the producers obviously need a boost to think up something new.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    Oh, for 's sake! Can we at least wait for the next generation to grow up for remaking/-booting/screwing up stuff once more?

Can someone sent a truck with cocaine to Hollywood, the producers obviously need a boost to think up something new.
    Yeah but its just the last ones sucked soooo bad that you have to redo them or else...

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Yeah but its just the last ones sucked soooo bad that you have to redo them or else...
    No, no, no! Comic books are not damn Shakespeare deserving constant reiteration. You don't need to redo them! Make them once, leave them alone for 20 years! Even the Batman movies had a 10 year gap and Batman forever sucks worse than anything.

It's as if Hollywood turns cinema into TV where all you get is reruns! For all I care they could take that money and donate it to Haiti.

I get the feeling I'll suffer from Hollywood induced ADHS if they keep redigesting the same material over and over again without even a small break to let some fresh air in.

Yeah, cool, it's dark and gritty. I guess some producer watched Dark Knight, heard it was a huge success and now wants to make the same amount of money... great.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    No, no, no! Comic books are not damn Shakespeare deserving constant reiteration. You don't need to redo them! Make them once, leave them alone for 20 years! Even the Batman movies had a 10 year gap and Batman forever sucks worse than anything.

It's as if Hollywood turns cinema into TV where all you get is reruns! For all I care they could take that money and donate it to Haiti.

I get the feeling I'll suffer from Hollywood induced ADHS if they keep redigesting the same material over and over again without even a small break to let some fresh air in.

Yeah, cool, it's dark and gritty. I guess some producer watched Dark Knight, heard it was a huge success and now wants to make the same amount of money... great.
    Yeah I understand what your saying but the Batman franchise did well up until the Forever movie... so it still had something to look back on. The problem with Spidey is that the films with Toby sucked from day one... it was not funny... it was not gritty... and there was no ing plot line. Thats why they have to redo it so we can erase the idea that there was ever a trilogy with Toby in it.

You mean ADHD?

You mean ADHD?
    Ah, yes. ADHS is the German acronym,... thought I googled the translation... wait!? See, what I mean!
    Mangalore Design

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I liked Spiderman 1 because I was 10. But even at 10 I didn't love it. From there the movies got worse and I got harder to please. So I have to say #3 was a miserable failure. It was worse than Daredevil. At least Daredevil had Michael Clark Duncan.

At least the old crap batman movies (and while we're going there the tv show) had steelo.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Notice the webshooters on his wrists.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks awesome. Garfield's body is just awkward enough to have pull a convincing Spider-Man look.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I don't think it will be particularly gritty, but I'm expecting a more grounded and realistic origin story. Which is I believe something positive.

Sam made good entertaining movies but really screwed up in the third installment and left a bitter taste in the mouth that I hope this reboot will wash out.

Personally I like the costume and the still itself.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Liking the new costume, it looks like it's made of the same material as a basketball or something.

As for the film itself: I don't mind reboots, certainly not in comic films considering how comics have brought the terms retcon and reimagining to new heights
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

The Tobey-Spiderman just ended, why spiderman again?

What could use a realistic (batman begins like) point of view is Super Mario
    Where Mario and Luigi are 2 italian mobsters who have their women captured by a crime boss

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    The Tobey-Spiderman just ended, why spiderman again?
    I'd rather have a reboot than another Spidey 3. The franchise then just seemed to cram too many ideas into one movie. They could have spread it out, considering there was seven movies being considered (IIRC). IT was wayyy disappointing, especially after the godliness of Spider-Man 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    I'd rather have a reboot than another Spidey 3. The franchise then just seemed to cram too many ideas into one movie. They could have spread it out, considering there was seven movies being considered (IIRC). IT was wayyy disappointing, especially after the godliness of Spider-Man 2.
    Some believe Sam Raimi made Spider-Man 3 to make sure he never made another spider-man movie. Forcing someone else to make it. It looks like he got his wish.

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Some believe Sam Raimi made Spider-Man 3 to make sure he never made another spider-man movie. Forcing someone else to make it. It looks like he got his wish.
    I can believe that, the second half was so cheesy and bad it must have been done on purpose.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

way too soon, its barely been a decade since the last spiderman trilogy

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    I'm actually going to have to agree with jaketh here.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    , it's barely been three years.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast