Thread: NTW Hosted Mod Reviews

Default NTW Hosted Mod Reviews

I am a big fan of NTW and am looking for a good mod. I want historic accuracy and game play with better AI, however many of the hosted mods offer this and praise there own mods as "one of the best". I was wondering if people could provide non-bias reviews on generally what the best mod is for campaign based historical play.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Default Re: NTW Hosted Mod Reviews

This is reasonable request...I agree, if you are new to the mods and haven't tried them all out, an objective comparative analysis of the major mods would be very helpful. I have cursory mod reviews in my gallery, but it is solely from the perspective of making vids, so not what you are seeking.

This would make a cool article subject for the next Eagle Standard of Silver Shield (TWC publications that focus on mods and modding).

Sorry to not be of help yet...my opinion on the matter isn't quite valid because 2 of the major mods that try to address your niche - EiC and NER - I have not used extensively.

cough cough....nanny, can I see u in my office.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Cough,cough,come see me as well lol

Aldaman apparently wants it all,so theres only one solution for that i think..

hehehe

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I can speak to the mods I use of course, but I can't very well give an objective comparative analysis if I haven't spend enough time with EiC and NER as well.

If anyone visiting here has spent enough time using all the major mods that try to tackle the 'realism' question to be able to speak with some authority, that would be very helpful...and I would encourage them to write an article in the next Eagle Standard on the topic...alot of people would be interested I think.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny de Bodemloze View Post

If anyone visiting here has spent enough time using all the major mods that try to tackle the 'realism' question to be able to speak with some authority, that would be very helpful...and I would encourage them to write an article in the next Eagle Standard on the topic...alot of people would be interested I think.

Yeah ive read your proposal in the content forum,a very nice idea;let me make some inquiries as well in finding an ''allround'' NTW Mods user willing to to write on them for comparison reasons.

il keep you posted.

Im a fan of the 'Art of War' mod, but unfortunatly, its still in production. If you wait patiently, when released, it will definetly be the best. I would have to say that of the mods out now, the All In One mod is the best. (just my opinion) :]
    Aussie Pride!

Rougeman's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
    Im a fan of the 'Art of War' mod, but unfortunatly, its still in production. If you wait patiently, when released, it will definetly be the best. I would have to say that of the mods out now, the All In One mod is the best. (just my opinion) :]

i agree, Art of War will definantly be the mod for you, but it aint out yet, the mod targets realism and better a.i, but i havnt tried all mods yet cause of memory problems

The mod I've enjoyed the most (thus far) is LOB (Lines of Battle). With a unit pack, some sound and visual mods, and NTF NTW finally started "working" for me.

dutch81's Avatar Senator

I'm actually surprised that a site that focuses on mods and offers as many critiques of CA's work as we do, does not have many critiques of its own work at all. I for one would be very interested in reading them and having them help me decide what mod would fit well with me. Brilliant idea!