Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

When you reinstall the game with the setup, you'll replace the submod files by the SS 6.4 vanilla files, therefore, the submod will not work. You have to reinstall again following the same steps as discussed before each time you change the setting of the game with the setup.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

Ok, I see.
    So basically, I need to remove Stainless Steel, then reinstall SS6.3 and SS6.4, make the set up, install the sub mod with the files you up loaded.

still wont work for me, do I have to reinstall SS6.4 as well?

Ok here's the steps to install it properly:
    1)download the files
    2)combine them
    3)Install SS 6.4. Just to be sure, try it once so if it works.
    4)If it works, then merge the downloaded data folder with the SS 6.3 folder (which is also the SS 6.4 folder)
    5)Say yes to all replacements.
    6)Done

Problems:
    When you click on the setup.exe to change something (changing AI, permanent arrows, etc). The setup will upload the original files of SS 6.4 and replace the submod files except the battlemodel and export_unit/exportbuilding files in the text folder.

When you change the setup, you have to reinstall the submod following the same steps (merging, say yes to all, etc.etc.)

If it still doesn't work. Reinstall SS 6.4 clean. Then insert the submod.

Note:
    Not compatible with disable RR. (Later on yes)
    Only Early campaign only (later on Late campaign)
    not compatible with any submods (especially MSC)
    1TPY (later on 2TPY)

Hope this will help people.

On a side note. I've seen that the first part was downloaded more than the second one, you need both parts, if not then you'll have problems with the game.
    Last edited by Polycarpe; January 27, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Okay, sounds good! Thanks again for making this submod, I love how Norway is all infantry in the beginning, and damn is the infantry nice! +rep by far

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmansk Tiger View Post
    Okay, sounds good! Thanks again for making this submod, I love how Norway is all infantry in the beginning, and damn is the infantry nice! +rep by far
    It's a pleasure, glad you like it.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

BG,
    I have reinstalled the submod and then, the 2 files, "campaign_script" and "descr_strat" as you specified.
    The game seems to work fine. I can start a game and nothing goes wrong when I change turns.
    however, it was just a quick test as I can not test it properly now. I hope to be able do test in real condition tonight.
    I'll let you know about the results.

Good. Like we say in Quebec: "Un autre client satisfait"

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

This should work with 6.3 correct? I have some other mods installed on my 6.3 and I don't want to install 6.4 and lose them.

It sounds like a terrific idea, I'm especially excited to see a change in the Scotland roster, I've never played them specifically because I don't like their roster.

so I reinstalled 6.3 and 6.4 and then your submod, and it seems to work well now!

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    This should work with 6.3 correct? I have some other mods installed on my 6.3 and I don't want to install 6.4 and lose them.

It sounds like a terrific idea, I'm especially excited to see a change in the Scotland roster, I've never played them specifically because I don't like their roster.
    I'm sorry but the submod is only compatible with SS 6.4. But you can separate you game, install 6.3 on another path and 6.4 on another one.

Awesome!
    I should've checked these submods long ago, i always thought Norway and Denmark (especially Norway) should've had better more vikingish units, can't wait to try this!

Quote Originally Posted by Goma View Post
    Awesome!
    I should've checked these submods long ago, i always thought Norway and Denmark (especially Norway) should've had better more vikingish units, can't wait to try this!
    Glad you like it.

I haven't begun playing yet, just looked through the units and they look AWESOME! )
    I just have one question though, are the Danes supposed to have royal hirdsmen? I'm looking at the unit rosters in a custom battle scenario though so I dunno if this is a bug or what, also i forgot how to give people rep, been inactive, sorry

Edit: Also, i read that this is meant to be played in early era, how can i play the Teutonic order then?
    Last edited by Goma; January 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goma View Post
    I haven't begun playing yet, just looked through the units and they look AWESOME! )
    I just have one question though, are the Danes supposed to have royal hirdsmen? I'm looking at the unit rosters in a custom battle scenario though so I dunno if this is a bug or what, also i forgot how to give people rep, been inactive, sorry

Edit: Also, i read that this is meant to be played in early era, how can i play the Teutonic order then?
    No, the Danes are more "Westernized" than Norway. I think I forgot to remove that entry for the royal Hirdsmen but only Norway will have these.

For the TO, it just I change his roster a little. They aren't playable at the Early period but they still act as horde.

I'm sort of confused right now, just installed 6.4 and i must've messed something up since TO isn't even playable in either era, anyway the mod seems to work fine so thanks again! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    Ok here's the steps to install it properly:
    1)download the files
    2)combine them
    3)Install SS 6.4. Just to be sure, try it once so if it works.
    4)If it works, then merge the downloaded data folder with the SS 6.3 folder (which is also the SS 6.4 folder)
    5)Say yes to all replacements.
    6)Done

Problems:
    When you click on the setup.exe to change something (changing AI, permanent arrows, etc). The setup will upload the original files of SS 6.4 and replace the submod files except the battlemodel and export_unit/exportbuilding files in the text folder.

When you change the setup, you have to reinstall the submod following the same steps (merging, say yes to all, etc.etc.)

If it still doesn't work. Reinstall SS 6.4 clean. Then insert the submod.

Note:
    Not compatible with disable RR. (Later on yes)
    Only Early campaign only (later on Late campaign)
    not compatible with any submods (especially MSC)
    1TPY (later on 2TPY)

Hope this will help people.

On a side note. I've seen that the first part was downloaded more than the second one, you need both parts, if not then you'll have problems with the game.
    maybe my english is bad but do you mean your submod only works in early campaign? i dont understand the meaning of (later on Late campaign)

think i worked too much and therefore im a little bit confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkanor View Post
    maybe my english is bad but do you mean your submod only works in early campaign? i dont understand the meaning of (later on Late campaign)

think i worked too much and therefore im a little bit confused
    It's okay, most people around did not have English as first language (I'm French Canadian so).

What I mean is when you choose your campaign in setup.exe (when you install it), there's Early and Late period campaign. This submod is only compatible for the Early period. So be careful when you install my submod that your game is in the Early period (the timeframe is 1100). Does it helps you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    BG,
    I have reinstalled the submod and then, the 2 files, "campaign_script" and "descr_strat" as you specified.
    The game seems to work fine. I can start a game and nothing goes wrong when I change turns.
    however, it was just a quick test as I can not test it properly now. I hope to be able do test in real condition tonight.
    I'll let you know about the results.
    same here early era works proper.

But now my question:

how can i play late era? if i start late era the faction starts in 1100....clearly early era.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkanor View Post
    same here early era works proper.

But now my question:

how can i play late era? if i start late era the faction starts in 1100....clearly early era.
    The current submod is incompatible for the Late campaign and 2TPY but I'm currently working on it. Just give me time and it will be released soon