Thread: Any submods for Late Bodyguard?

Icon5 Any submods for Late Bodyguard?

Now it seems western Late General Bodyguard can only be recruited from citadels in SS6.4. So is there a submod that can make all western bodyguards change into late style with full plate armor at a certain time?

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Any submods for Late Bodyguard?

Here, once you get to the point that you want late era bodyguards, go to your SS data folder and paste/replace your export_descr_unit file with this file;

http://www.filedropper.com/exportdescrunit (download button is in middle)

It will replace all early bodyguards with late bodyguards.

Note; it is a file I edited from my own gamebuild for you, but I use the bugfix and it is a clean SS install.

So, if you already haven't, get the bugfix compilation here to make sure that my file is compatible with your build;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098

and if you have any other submods or did any other changes to your files, do not use the file but state that you did so I will post here how you can manually edit the file to get the same result.
    Last edited by +Marius+; September 23, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

Icon3 Re: Any submods for Late Bodyguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Here, once you get to the point that you want late era bodyguards, go to your SS data folder and paste/replace your export_descr_unit file with this file;

http://www.filedropper.com/exportdescrunit (download button is in middle)

It will replace all early bodyguards with late bodyguards.

Note; it is a file I edited from my own gamebuild for you, but I use the bugfix and it is a clean SS install.

So, if you already haven't, get the bugfix compilation here to make sure that my file is compatible with your build;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098

and if you have any other submods or did any other changes to your files, do not use the file but state that you did so I will post here how you can manually edit the file to get the same result.

Thank you for reply! It seems the simplest way of manual upgrade but I still prefer an automatic way. I've just read some information, and if there's no submods of this now, maybe I'd try to make one myself

The principle is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eforms-in-M2TW

There is already a mod for original Kingdoms. It places 'roman' culture to Aztec, and adds hidden resource 'italy' to american huge city Cholula (Title: How Roman Empire Crossed Atlantic Ocean). Then it adds something in compaign_script.txt like this:

Code:
    monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType XXXXXX

siege_settlement Tenoch, Cholula, attackterminate_monitor

end_monitor
    Where XXXXXX is an event that must be earlier than discovery of america. It only puzzles me why it has to force an attack to the city to trigger the Marian Reforms

Which faction are you going to remove in order to get these reforms?

Or you could switch the Papal States to that culture.
    Last edited by k/t; September 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM.

Bad news... I've tried roman culture+huge city with italy hidden resource, but nothing happens does marian reforms still work in SS6.4?

Explain in detail what you did. Maybe you missed a step.

Icon9 Re: Any submods for Late Bodyguard?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    OK. I'll write what I've done here. Not a small project, though most work is on culture creation

My plan is to change Genoa, Venice & Papal into 'roman' culture, which is a clone of 'southern_european'. Then add hidden resource 'italy' to Milan, as plate armours gernerally came from there in history. But for test, I chose Genoa, Venice & Rome 3 cities instead.

References I was following:
    About Marian Reforms: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eforms-in-M2TW [1]
    Add new culture: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ding-a-Culture [2] & http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84736 [3]

Here are the details:

Step 1: Culture Creation
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1.1 descr_cultures.txt: clone the southern_european part and just change the name to roman
    1.2 descr_sm_factions.txt: change Genoa, Venice & Papal's culture to roman
    1.3 expanded.txt: clone the 4 lines that contain southern_european and replace with roman
    1.4 descr_offmap_models.txt: clone the two parts of southern_european & rename roman
    1.5 export_descr_building.txt: find all southern_european and add roman after each, then add italy to hidden_resources. The num of hidden_resources is 53 now, below the limit 64
    1.6 export_buildings.txt: clone all sentences with southern_european, relace with roman and add them to the ending
    1.7 event_string.txt: strangely I can't find the original file anywhere, so I just used the template offered in the references [2], replaced each new_culture with roman

Step 2: turn Marian Reforms on
    2.1 desc_regions.txt: for test, add 'italy' to provinces of Genoa, Venice & Rome. 'italy' has already been registered in 1.5
    2.2 descr_strat.txt: delete the sentence marian_reforms_disabled
    2.3 export_descr_unit.txt: each late BG is just after its early type, and with general_upgrade_unit in attributes already, so nothing needs change

Step 3: test in game
    3.1 begin a late era game with Genoa
    3.2 use add_population, add_money & process_cq to construct huge walls in Genoa city
    3.3 then the roman culture Genoa had a huge city

But nothing happened then other than some chaos in text & building images. Even after serveral turns passed & a prince grew up to 14, all BG remained in early style

Then I added marian_reforms_activated to descr_strat.txt, but still nothing worked that's why I doubt whether it's still available in SS6.4

Hope I really missed sth

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    The details are still being approved... I tested in original MTW2 and it still didn't work. Then in the example mod (BG upgrade for origin MTW2, use Cholula as italy & Aztec as roman), it's said data\world\maps\base\map.rwm should be deleted before running game. Finally things went well after I did so.

Maybe I should do same for SS. Just wonder what this file is

What do you mean, the details are being approved?

So you got it to work?

Well, obviously you should do the same for SS.

It's the file that contains all the information about the map. You have to start a new campaign after deleting it.

As a newbie here (visited here years ago but posted nothing till this thread), with a low permission my long posts need to be checked by administrators before visible...

After deleting SS6.3/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm I got late BG as expected. Marian Reform Works well

The next thing is culture... Now in a faction of roman culture, all buildings don't have correct images, and many (not all) event strings are missing. There isn't even a letter under movie of crusade (but mongol's warning seems normal) more work needed than the tutorials

Yeah, you have to transfer all the southern_european stuff.

Icon3 Re: Any submods for Late Bodyguard?

Progress report: after several days effort, I think the main core has been completed Attachment is beta1, based on MTW2 1.05+SS6.4+BugFix1.27 with NO submods except savage AI.

As planned, a new culture 'roman' has been created and is given to Genoa, Venice & Papal States (I don't think Normans of Sicily deserve this name), while hidden resource 'italy' is given to Milan. Fortunately the pics needn't be cloned.

Now as a beta version, the install steps should be:
    1. overwrite all files to SS6.3\data
    2. REMEMBER TO DELETE SS6.3\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm - don't worry, the game will spend a little time to recreate one after start a new campaign
    3. occupy Milan, and upgrade to huge city. Not difficult even without cheat, since this city has a 3% base farm level

My plan next:
    1. try to make a version for SS Setup: in some files sentences are added to somewhere, while in other files I used find/replace to make a lot of modify (such as replace all "southern_european" with "southern_european, roman"). So I'm afraid some files have to be wholy replaced
    2. check whether it can work with other submods: the wholy replaced files may cause troubles when wholly overwritten again by other submods
    3. make a new event: when Milan is huge city controlled by Genoa, Venice or Papal, sth should be announced as the Marian Reforms triggered, but I don't know how to write the script

In addition, Late BG should be recruited after Marian Reforms in citadels, which is easy to make.
    Attached Files Attached Files