Thread: Natural photography and historical scenes

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default Natural photography and historical scenes

Hello everyone!
    A friend of mine is a great photographer though too modest to show his work to anyone outside of work/family.
    I provided a link to some 40+ images from a wide array of shots. These include Egypt, Sweden, Normandy in northern France, local shots from forests, flowers and some others.

I would like to ask that any professional photographers give their honest opinion on the pictures. They can do this either in this thread (where I will try and answer questions) or on the website under the photographs. Please keep in mind that the pictures on the website are small and lost much quality as the originals are over 65 MB each.

Maybe I am biased but I find all these shots terrific and would like to see him persue photography more intensely. Now it is just his hobby I guess because he has a demanding job.

On a side note do not give me rep for these pictures if you like them because I did not make them nor help in any way. If however you find that I deserve rep because I lead you to them...well won't say no will I?
    Let the viewing begin!
    Last edited by Boustrophedon; June 17, 2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: forgot link

Citizen

Default Re: Natural photography and historical scenes

To the moderator who moved this to help section: I did not ask for help but am displaying works of art so it should go where it belongs.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

It isn't your photos therefore it can't be in the workshop section, although this fits better inte discussion forum. I'm attending a math class right now so I cannot do it.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    It isn't your photos therefore it can't be in the workshop section, although this fits better inte discussion forum. I'm attending a math class right now so I cannot do it.
    I see. That kinda sucks because the whole idea of sharing this was trying to get exposure for his work.
    The help section does not seem like the best place to get that so I'm hoping there's some place better for this and hopefully a moderator can move it there...
    Have fun with your math!

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Moved to Graphic Discussion & Battles

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Im photographer, professional only in archaeological specific documentary photo, others aspects are in learning and try-try stage.

My opinion is that he is familiar with photography and isnt shy to try something new.

Most photos are good, some great ( pollen closeup, france beach ).

My advice is next dont photo when not feeling it and try to capture on photos general spirit of scene when you are there.

This is what im doing and experiment i sometimes photo all week with no good result just becuase i want to try some photo setting in many conditions - but when sometimes something works out excellent im very happy - as a child

Keep up a good work

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Echbart View Post
    Im photographer, professional only in archaeological specific documentary photo, others aspects are in learning and try-try stage.

My opinion is that he is familiar with photography and isnt shy to try something new.

Most photos are good, some great ( pollen closeup, france beach ).

My advice is next dont photo when not feeling it and try to capture on photos general spirit of scene when you are there.

This is what im doing and experiment i sometimes photo all week with no good result just becuase i want to try some photo setting in many conditions - but when sometimes something works out excellent im very happy - as a child

Keep up a good work
    Passed along the feedback and he was happy to receive it personally I love the Normandy shots...makes WWII appear to be happening all over again in front of you! I expected Americans to land...