Thread: [UNRESOLVED] DMUC not working after blue screen crash.

Laetus

Default [UNRESOLVED] DMUC not working after blue screen crash.

Hi.

As I am using a dated system, when it gets warm from lengthy use, I get blue screen crashes. These generally happen at about 2am after about 6 straight hours of gaming. But, having suffered one of these whilst in a battle in DMUC, I have been presented with a strange, and annoying problem. Now when I launch DMUC I get all the sexy DM intros and whatnot, but when I play the game, it plays as vanilla. You can understand that after playing DMUC I get little to no joy out of playing vanilla, so please, if anybody can help me fix this I'd be incredibly grateful.

Themop94

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: DMUC not working after blue screen crash.

Reset scripts, since the launcher moves them around before you play and after you close the game, if there is a crash, then the scripts could get messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by themop94 View Post
    Hi.

As I am using a dated system, when it gets warm from lengthy use, I get blue screen crashes. These generally happen at about 2am after about 6 straight hours of gaming. But, having suffered one of these whilst in a battle in DMUC, I have been presented with a strange, and annoying problem. Now when I launch DMUC I get all the sexy DM intros and whatnot, but when I play the game, it plays as vanilla. You can understand that after playing DMUC I get little to no joy out of playing vanilla, so please, if anybody can help me fix this I'd be incredibly grateful.

Themop94
    I would suggest reinstalling everything. But i really dont know . But if youre getting bsod regularly, its only part of the problem.
    seppuku would be a lot easier with a lightsaber

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

As nosjack202 said
    When the game crashes (or when you close the launcer intstead of exiting it)
    the user script is often "lost".

You don't have to reinstall DMUC completly,
    just Reset (or reinstall) user script:
    in the DMUC Launchers Options -> Diagnostics -> Enable Adv diag Options.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Moved to DM Support

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] DMUC not working after blue screen crash.

You need to start monitoring your temps on that computer or else you can do permanent damage.

Are you overclocking your gpu or cpu?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

How is the airflow around the computer?

Laetus

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] DMUC not working after blue screen crash.

Resetting the scripts didn't work but reinstalling them did.

@Nanny It's a desktop computer and there is plenty of space for airflow around the computer however if it is used for an extended period of time the power source does generate a lot of heat. (I intend to see my guy about improved cooling.) When I bought the system the processor was overclocked to give about an extra GH but after I had it repaired due to a virus the overclocking failed so it is running at it's standard 2.33GHz. My RAM and CPU are usually strained when I try to play high end titles like ETW but provided my system is cool I have no issues. The issues, IMO, are caused by the overheating which shouldn't be a problem soon.

themop94