Thread: Long campaign

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Default Long campaign

Is the long campaign have been rework?? Historical OBB, diplomatic situation, etc? Or any change at all to the main campaign?
    Thanks

Default Re: Long campaign

No this mod is multiplayer only for now. But we are planning on doing the single player part too, but we have not started that yet.

Lord VC
    Emperor of Napoleonics www.Napoleonics.net
    The Lordz are recruiting; Click on signature for details

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

Congrats big time, this is a superb mod totally worthy of 'The Lordz'. Excellence has come to be expected from these remarkable people and they don't dissapoint!

I do hope for Single Player though as this would truly make the entire game a permanent fixture to any War Gamers PC.

What a beautiful display of hard work and dedication to this genre. So a joy to see such well thought out Units and Stats. Even crack of the musket with the smoke is perfect as it blows away in the wind. I truly hope The Lordz can be as motivated to get it SP ready as they obviously were for MP. Were not all clan players though; we are not all that lucky.

We will address SP.
    But we have a general idea to make campaign game mostly focused in military grand strategy.
    Our concept is to try to recreate military campaign , loosing technology development, saboteurs, priest and so.
    Corps mouvement , weather, roads and line of supplies are our main focus for it.
    So we really dont know if this will be of general interest anyway.
    This may change, but it is a general consensus ATM.
    We will see.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Fullin View Post
    We will address SP.
    But we have a general idea to make campaign game mostly focused in military grand strategy.
    Our concept is to try to recreate military campaign , loosing technology development, saboteurs, priest and so.
    Corps mouvement , weather, roads and line of supplies are our main focus for it.
    We will see.

I think that's a good idea, there are other mods that adress the other aspects, a campaign focused on military would be a nice change.

Don't worry, something well be done about
    Last edited by ♔Lord Sean Cappone♔; January 28, 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

We will address SP.
    We will see.

Sounds like a very good idea, I'm looking forward to it.

I was browsing the lordz forum and spotted your discussion about the campaign issues/ideas. I think one of the detractions from moving foward is the available unit slot allowing for an ahistorical portayal of the size of the army (I believe only 20 slots are available for a total of 40 per army). Since the current mod uses a the scale that units are battalion sized, would it be a good thing to scale down the map in a campaign to a region where just a corp would operate, using divisions as the armies (the little generals walking around) and have a system of supply lines and communication lines as objectives. Not sure if the campaign map in single player can be modded, but you could have different campaigns for different engagements at the corp level. Just an idea, not sure if this is something you can do or want to do.

I was browsing the lordz forum and spotted your discussion about the campaign issues/ideas. I think one of the detractions from moving foward is the available unit slot allowing for an ahistorical portayal of the size of the army (I believe only 20 slots are available for a total of 40 per army). Since the current mod uses a the scale that units are battalion sized, would it be a good thing to scale down the map in a campaign to a region where just a corp would operate, using divisions as the armies (the little generals walking around) and have a system of supply lines and communication lines as objectives. Not sure if the campaign map in single player can be modded, but you could have different campaigns for different engagements at the corp level. Just an idea, not sure if this is something you can do or want to do.

Here is a link of some good corp level actions in 1806 : http://www.napoleonicminiatureswarga...6.schleiz.html
    Last edited by Gen_Davout; January 31, 2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Davout View Post
    Hmmm... interesting ...we will ask Lord Sean to look into this.....
    Thank you , and please feel welcome to post in our forum as well, we will appreciate all suggestions about it.

We will address SP.
    We will see.

Great idea! You have my full support!

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Davout View Post

Here is a link of some good corp level actions in 1806 : http://www.napoleonicminiatureswarga...6.schleiz.html
    If I were a lady I would certainly married you... Why? because this would be our guide line... If we will create sp gameplay we will for scure follow this line...

I'm glad my suggestion could be of use to you guys. If you were a lady I would marry you soley on the merits of this mod

I want to play a single player version of this sooooooo bad.

We will address SP.
    We will see.

Wow... I was about to make a thread with much of what you said before I stumbled upon reading this. Keep up the good work.

great idea

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMcKay View Post
    I want to play a single player version of this sooooooo bad.
    Meee tooooo ...!

Is there anybody out there who got an idea if it will take long (few month) or short time (few weeks) ?

Maybe historical maps are getting higher priority atm ?

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

At the moment i think its still full steam ahead with the multiplayer side of things. The next release is looking good a few more units here and there and some pretty cool looking new maps.
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

i like the SP ideas you guys have , but completely removing agents ? maybe im the only one liking to see it stay,,,,a little somehow ><