Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Great Learning

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default The Great Learning

Hi guys!

So, as many of you are aware, goro has vanished and a lot of HS have stalled and people are getting fed up and quitting.

goro hasnt been online for 3 days now, very unlike him (hope he is ok and not injured ala swarbs!), but a lot of his HS he was admin were waiting days and in some cases weeks for him to sub someone before continuing, so now its unbearable.

Obviously, unless he returns quickly a lot of HS will die out and lots of people will leave, so i propose we restart all the HS goro has left but ensure they have a sub admin in each to avoid this happening again.

I am happy to restart and admin SS Early Era 2 and SS Favourites hotseats, if the players involved are happy to restart it?

If we get our heads together and each take on some of the load im sure we can restart all the HS with 2 admins in each to ensure they survive!

If we dont do this then what else can we do?

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Great Learning

I did not noticed it...

I hope goro will get in touch with us soon,he is the person that helped me when I entered the community and Hotseats,so I hope that nothing bad has happend to him...As emotion_name said,he has a lot of HS it would be bad if all of thoes fallapart

I am glad that there are people that take care of the community...And if there will be need for more HS admins I am willing to help out...

Sogesu's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't go with restarting man.
    The message should be a reminder for those who will open new hotseats in future or are administrating live ones that they should have 2 subordinates at least or dual admins.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Well if we restart I suggest we do it in SS6.4 for it is supposed to be better and more stable for hotseats (according to Gracul).

I mean we have got to switch from 6.3 to 6.4 some day.. why not now?
    Will and act until victory

Sogesu's Avatar Campidoctor

Have you run 6.4 Desley?

Quote Originally Posted by Sogesu View Post
    I don't go with restarting man.
    The message should be a reminder for those who will open new hotseats in future or are administrating live ones that they should have 2 subordinates at least or dual admins.
    So you go with hanging around and waiting to see if goro comes back?

How long for? How long do you suggest we wait before deciding its dead on its ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    Well if we restart I suggest we do it in SS6.4 for it is supposed to be better and more stable for hotseats (according to Gracul).

I mean we have got to switch from 6.3 to 6.4 some day.. why not now?

Coz i wanna finish a goddam 6.3 HS!

This happened to me with 6.2, just as i got into a HS with it, 6.3 was released!

I knows if i remove 6.3 (will have to coz small HD) and gets 6.4, before we even finish a HS there will be 6.5 or summin, and the same thing will happen.

I agree about gotta upgrade at some point though, so i m thinking other than the 6.3 HS i may admin in, i will pull out of all others and when done with the 2 i may admin im going to 6.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogesu View Post
    Have you run 6.4 Desley?
    Yes and it seems very promising

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

We can restart Favourites and Paths of Glory but EE2 is too advanced to take it from 0 again.
    Im doing Hotseats and Lets Play Campaigns,
    check me out on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVA..._B_BC6YbudjfBA

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

Well goro's departure is highly unfortunate if he doesn't return we have lost not only a number of great HS but also a great admin IMO, he was especially keen to help newer members and was always willing to lend his skills as an admin to those who wished to start new HS but didn't have the techical know-how.
    Whatever you personal opinion of goro or his actions I believe his departure was the final straw in a long running and devisive run of arguments, this highlghts a point I personally think is very important.
    Whether you engage in a argument because you think it's funny or the age old excuse I have heard in my short tenure as a local Mod that it was "just a joke" or "he took it the wrong way" or if your you can't resist to troll should the oppurtunity present itself please realize that just because you think that way the person who your railing against may not as in this instance goro said to me on a number of occasions the constant provokation he recieved became to much and the enjoyment he took from playing in HS was slowly eroded by a string of arguments and he has obviously took the decision to leave behind what he felt was a negative experience.
    As a community I believe we should look to be above constant petty bickering that has garnered the MP sections of TWC such a bad reputation (of which we are a part) coupled with a recent out break of cheating and abusive PM's sent between players any ambitions we had of recieving a scratch of official recognition lie in tatters as do many of some of the most popular HS after goro's departure.
    I'm not saying goro was an angel and he played his own part in many of these arguments and at times some of his actions were highly questionable but for him to feel hie has no place here is a tragedy especially considering his desire to expand and assisit the community.
    Another point I believe is the most shameful is that some of his arch detractors have at times expressed there passion for "the Community" I hope they can now see the damaging effect of things they considered " a joke" have had on the community they profess so much love for, I for one don't find 10+ HS rudderless with no admin funny and I believe I wouldn't be alone in feeling this way.
    In conclusion I echo EN suggestion that should these HS become dormant if goro does not return we should safeguard against such situations arising in the future by implementing a dual admin policy in the HS that replace the ones goro was an admin, I have however sent goro an email asking if he has left us for good to supply the passwords to the HS he was an admin of, I have yet to recieve a response but should one be forth coming I hope some people would be willing to carry on as admins in some of these great HS.
    Last edited by grouchy13; January 13, 2011 at 03:51 AM.
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Praeses

@ Grouchy

Considering I would be counted as one of his "arch detractors" I would like to comment on what you've said.

So, can I?

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

Of course
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Praeses

Right. Will get onto a reply tonight. It might be a bit lengthy though.

What part of your post did you edit?
    Last edited by Visorslash; January 13, 2011 at 03:59 AM.

If you got pass, I think you should open and re-post the save files so that everyone will do their turns.

Praeses

Seems this targeted mostly towards me, so I think I should reply. (Just explaining why).

Well goro's departure is highly unfortunate if he doesn't return we have lost not only a number of great HS but also a great admin IMO, he was especially keen to help newer members and was always willing to lend his skills as an admin to those who wished to start new HS but didn't have the techical know-how. Whatever you personal opinion of goro or his actions I believe his departure was the final straw in a long running and devisive run of arguments, this highlghts a point I personally think is very important.
    Yeah, I was enjoying a couple of those hotseats. I agree that he was always willing to help newer members, but not when I joined as he was pretty new himself. But that is irrelevant. So you think he quit because of the arguments he and I had?
    Whether you engage in a argument because you think it's funny or the age old excuse I have heard in my short tenure as a local Mod that it was "just a joke" or "he took it the wrong way" or if your you can't resist to troll should the oppurtunity present itself please realize that just because you think that way the person who your railing against may not as in this instance goro said to me on a number of occasions the constant provokation he recieved became to much and the enjoyment he took from playing in HS was slowly eroded by a string of arguments and he has obviously took the decision to leave behind what he felt was a negative experience.
    Yes I did some of the above things, but he also did as well, I am not the main culprit here . I took things he said the wrong way as well, etc...

I believe you are forgetting the other side in this part. I also suffered a loss of enjoyment when these happened to me via goro. He was the main culprit for a lot of these arguments as well. I don't see it as a negative experience, I think he has prepared to dish it out, but not take it. I am like that as well.
    As a community I believe we should look to be above constant petty bickering that has garnered the MP sections of TWC such a bad reputation (of which we are a part) coupled with a recent out break of cheating and abusive PM's sent between players any ambitions we had of recieving a scratch of official recognition lie in tatters as do many of some of the most popular HS after goro's departure. I'm not saying goro was an angel and he played his own part in many of these arguments and at times some of his actions were highly questionable but for him to feel hie has no place here is a tragedy especially considering his desire to expand and assisit the community.
    We are a part by extension, no matter how good we act. I have talked to some mods, and they have said they just leave the MP forums to moderate themselves, as it's for the best that way. (Or somethign along those lines, I'd have to dig up some PM's.) Yes we did have some cheaters, who will not be named in this thread, but they know who they are. I don't think we have much of an offical recognition to be honest, we are largely ignored by the rest of the forums, as an example; I asked to join the TWC Minecraft server, I had around 4200 posts at that time, and some of the people there did not know I existed. That may be also because they did not see the hotseat forums, but the hotseat forums are AFAIK largely ignored because of our positioning. Yes goro did play his part as well as I and a few others (But I and goro are the main people, our arguments were the stuff of legends ), I don't believe that he feels he has no place here, he has a place even if that is true though.
    Another point I believe is the most shameful is that some of his arch detractors have at times expressed there passion for "the Community" I hope they can now see the damaging effect of things they considered " a joke" have had on the community they profess so much love for, I for one don't find 10+ HS rudderless with no admin funny and I believe I wouldn't be alone in feeling this way.
    Don't beat around the bush, you mean me. And I as far as I can remember, I have never said that I had passion for the community. I have never professed love for the community either, so I don't know where you are getting this from. Goro also liked to "joke" as you put it, and I also took offense at some of his jokes, dont forget that grouchy. No-one likes to see hotseats die, especially not this large an amount.
    In conclusion I echo EN suggestion that should these HS become dormant if goro does not return we should safeguard against such situations arising in the future by implementing a dual admin policy in the HS that replace the ones goro was an admin, I have however sent goro an email asking if he has left us for good to supply the passwords to the HS he was an admin of, I have yet to recieve a response but should one be forth coming I hope some people would be willing to carry on as admins in some of these great HS.
    Well, a dual admin policy would work well with every hotseat, for example, Swarbs was my dual admin as he was the (at that time) only person I trusted with my admin password. I also helped him with the two Third Age Hotseats in the Third Age hotseats until we mutually agreed to close them. I am not sure he has left for good, he may have had an acident or go on holiday, etc.

I am willing to help admin a couple of hotseats, I have already taken as admin for some of Swarbs's hotseats.

Many times, you have asked me if I had a problem with goro. I will state as I have before. I have NO problem with goro. He is a good guy. It is the things he does that these arguments arise from.

For every argument I have with goro, you wil see at least three civil conversations with him.
    Last edited by Visorslash; January 13, 2011 at 05:00 AM.

Now can we leave it before it turns into a "bashing" thread or something!

So, i would say wait another few days to see if goro returns, or supplies grouchy with the admin codes!

@ Tavix - So you think EE2 should be left to die for good? We restart PoG and Faves if need be, but not that one?

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Agree with E_N, though it may be difficult to find a second admin when you launch a hotseat, so IMO it would be enough that admins would share their passwords between them, i.e.: goro sending his admin passwords to Swarbs, Swarbs to Visors, etc. But not to replace them, only to give it the new admins that could arouse after the depart of one of them.

I, and most of the people I think, come here to play hotseat turns in multiplayer, so about the "offficial recognition" thing, I couln't care less about whatever it may mean.
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post

So, i would say wait another few days to see if goro returns, or supplies grouchy with the admin codes!

@ Tavix - So you think EE2 should be left to die for good? We restart PoG and Faves if need be, but not that one?

start from 0??you crazy? no way

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post

I will send goro an e-mail when I get home.. ask him for the password..

If not then many hotseats will be dead for he hasnt told the password of many hotseats..

Also If we decide to restart all these hotseats then I suggest we do it in 6.4.

Well the alternative is to sit and wait, and wait, and wait, and then its going to die anyway! Least this way we can still play them, without worry of admin PW going walkies.

How slow are they going, what happens when goro turns come up with his factions? Or when someone needs subbing (Swiss)? They will stop, so you are going to just sit and wait? Is it not better to do something?

I suggest you all download SS6.4 and join my hotseat while your waiting for Goro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast