Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bug (Reports) version 1.4.3 Main topic

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Bug (Reports) version 1.4.3 Main topic

Name of your issue-(1)Sound problems and (2) CTD.
    Is issue repeatable-Yes
    What year are you in-unsure but never past turn 7
    What faction do you play-Tried High Elves, Dwarves, Reikland, Hochland, Averland
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments- (1)No sounds other than back ground music; no voices in diplomacy, battles or campaign map.
    (2) When the turn is resolving it comes up with with "unspecified error" on the Rebels calculation. As stated above with all 5 of those factions same CTD always on the Rebel calculation but on random turns but as stated havent been able to get past turn 7.
    Provide Screenshot if applicable-NA

Details:

- version: 1.4.4 Full +english translation+music
    -installed x3 now with exact same problem recurring.
    -Installed on fresh kingdoms 1.5 with no other mods or submods.
    - Battles are running perfectly on good graphics and FPS no CTD in battles during or after.
    -delete BETTER folder and the 3 pertaining water files.

I found a fix that Is and THP regarding descr.mission and descr. strat files so i will slot those in and see what happens later today but any other advice would be appreciated.

But so far the difference in the versions is absolutley stupendous, Is and the lads are doing so fabulously i shudder at how beautiful its going to look by 2.0

....Shogun2 what ???

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder♔ View Post
    CTD.
    use all instruction in topic....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=427349

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    Thanks Is, like i said i got those downloaded now so will get them installed and tested later today.... was just seeing if i am missing anything??

Will thta sort out the sound issues too?

Will thta sort out the sound issues too?
    hmm never get this..

was just seeing if i am missing anything??
    look all my posts in that topic
    Last edited by Werebear; March 02, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

ok sweet, thanks Is i got the two files and see if they work.....

• Name of your issue: Unspecified error during a battle
    • Is CTD repeatable? I haven't tried it
    • Did CTD occur during: a normal battle (unscripted)
    • What is you operating system: Windows 7
    • What language version of the game do you have?: I'm using the 1.4.4 Full English Torrent
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred?: about turn 6 or 7
    • What faction do you play?: Middenland
    • What faction is creating the CTD: Middenland
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. I was fighting a battle as Middenland vs The Beastmen. Unspecified Error CTD and after looking at the log the last thing it mentions is the death of my Bright Wizard, although there was no message while I was playing it. (I guess the wizards death caused the crash)
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened
    Last edited by Sharpe235; March 03, 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: forgot to attatch the log....

• Name of your issue: Windowed mode.
    • Is issue repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue): Yes, it starts windowed, so I maximize the size in the Task Manager. Every time a loading screen pops up it messes with the size causing things that you mouse over to not show up because you need to mouse to the other side of the screen to get to something in the middle.
    • What year are you in? N/A
    • What faction do you play? N/A
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):Yes, it starts windowed, so I maximize the size in the Task Manager. Every time a loading screen pops up it messes with the size causing things that you mouse over to not show up because you need to mouse to the other side of the screen to get to something in the middle. If I don't do this the game remains in a small windowed mode that takes up maybe 1/4th of my screen and makes it extraordinarily hard to do combat.
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

• Name of your issue: English Translation
    • Is CTD repeatable?: Yes
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game: Custom Battle, haven't tried campaign
    • What is you operating system: XP SP3
    • What language version of the game do you have? The latest, 1.4.4
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred?: NA
    • What faction do you play?: Any faction in Custom Battle
    • What faction is creating the CTD: NA
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): The game CTDs when i press the deployment button at the start of the battle, also, the game works if i don't apply the translation.
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. Attached
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable: NA
    • Provide link to your save game: NA

Name of your issue Unspecified Error CTD
    Is CTD repeatable? Yes
    Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game Year Turn
    What is you operating system Windows 7
    What language version of the game do you have? English 1.4.4
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred? Turn 10
    What faction do you play? Sylvania
    What faction is creating the CTD Sylvania
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. Captured Mordheim on turn 10 via defeating the Rebel garrison's sortie. I then saved the game before another siege battle against a Rebel settlement sortie immediately after Mordheim was captured. Following that battle, the CTD happens immediately before my turn begins. It is a recurring. I loaded an earlier save (right before the Mordheim battle) and left the city alone. The CTD did not occur at the end of the Rebel turn. Therefore Mordheim has something to do with it.
    Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. See attached "M2TW.system.log.7z"
    Provide Screenshot if applicable N/A
    Provide link to your save game See Attached "Sylvania.7z" (this is after I took Mordheim)
    Last edited by Lord Giovanni; March 06, 2011 at 10:39 PM.

• Name of your issue CTD
    • Is CTD repeatable? YES
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game A before 64 turn, afther rebels
    • What is you operating system Windows XP
    • What language version of the game do you have? Engish
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 63
    • What faction do you play? High Elf
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) N/A
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): When i pass my turn, afther all cpu nation, when rebels pass and i will start my turn, i have CTD
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file: Attachment 148377
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable N/A
    • Provide link to your save game Attachment 148378

If you do all right in russian version there are NO any CRITICAL (cant past turn CTD) we have more then 20 win campaing reports from our testers
    i dont know about english version

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Hello, I have encountered a problem with my Reikland game:

Name of your issue- Turn 3 crash.
    Is issue repeatable-Yes
    What year are you in- Cant remember, its turn 2, and I crash when it goes to turn 3.
    What faction do you play- I have tested this on vampire counts and reikland. They both crash on turn 3. Presumably this happens for every faction, but I havent tested all of them yet. Edit: happens as the dwarfs too.
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments- My game crashes when I attempt to go past this turn (2). I have windows 7, and my specifications go well beyond the required level (I can run crysis 1, max settings, no lag). I am using Red Dwarf's 1.4.4 complete torrent, and I have followed his instructions TO THE LETTER, as well as all advice given in the "important information" thread. I have turned off UAC and virtualstore. My error log shows nothing; just this line: "18:28:10.100 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. The game will now exit."
    Provide Screenshot if applicable-NA
    Savegames: There is no point sending you a save game file, it wont do any good- it happens every time I try to play the game- the save isnt corrupt, ive tried to start fresh many times

Please help, I cant play this mod
    Last edited by Massive_attack; April 08, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Name of issue: N/A

description: When i start call of warhammer the game starts up in a small window in the top left of my screen and if i maximize it using the task manager it works for abit but then out of nowhere i lose complete control of the game i cant use any of the game at all.

Anyone help?
    "Our people, our people. I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king."-Boromir's last words.

i can not start a Reikland Campaign.

Afters i have played da Dwarf-campaign i want to play the empire.. but

• Name of your issue: Unspecified error after loading a campaign as Reikland
    • Is CTD repeatable? yes
    • Did CTD occur during: -
    • What is you operating system: Windows XP
    • What language version of the game do you have?: I'm using the 1.4.4 Full English Torrent
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred?: 0
    • What faction do you play?: Reikland
    • What faction is creating the CTD: -
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments: after the Intro it starts loading the campaign. After finishing the loading the Game gets a critical error. I did not see the campaignmap
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened

edit:
    I have found the error. I have delited some fractions at a Unit. But i have forgotten that i musst only change the building and not the unit.txt.
    Last edited by nordstern; April 25, 2011 at 12:28 PM.

• Name of your issue Grapeshot for cannons not working
    • Is issue repeatable? yes
    • What year are you in? NA
    • What faction do you play? Empire
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): grapeshot fire does animation, but no damage and effect
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable NA

Solution: desc_are_effects.xml file is missing in my 1.4.4. As other people also discovered the problem I am not sure if it is related to a specific download or a general 1.4.4 problem.

Is this thread wrong for 1.4.4? Didn't find any for 1.4.4 or am I just blind?

• Name of your issue: Mercenary camp level 2 not level 2
    • Is issue repeatable? yes
    • What year are you in? NA
    • What faction do you play? Empire
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): after building it, it is only a mercenary camp level 1
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable NA

Name of your issue CTD
    Is CTD repeatable? Yes
    Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game Year Turn
    What is you operating system Windows 7
    What language version of the game do you have? English 1.4.4
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred? Turn 1
    What faction do you play? Averland
    What faction is creating the CTD Rebels
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. Ended turn and was fine until Rebel turn. Rebels moved one of their agents (looked like a chaos cultist) right next to my city (as if to interract) and then the game CTD immediately.

Last few lines of log file (whole file is 60mb!):

18:50:17.079 [ai.ltgd] [info] <11> LTGD: (islam) invade decision: invade = invade_immediate, invade_priority = 26899, want_offer_protect = 0, alliance_against = 0, can_force_invade = 1
    18:50:17.079 [ai.ltgd] [info] <11> LTGD: number of invasion targets: '6
    18:50:17.104 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. The game will now exit.

Name of your issue- Restoring Middleheim.
    Is issue repeatable-Yes
    What year are you in- turn 90
    What faction do you play-Averland
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments- When i conquer the capital of middleheim the game ask me if i want to return the city to their legitimate owners (the destroid faction). I acept but the game interprets that i refused.

Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    --> Game crashes after Siege battle
    Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    --> Yes, tried it several times. Alway chrashes to desktop
    Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game
    -_>after timelimit runs out in a siege battle in Drakenhof, when i click on return to strategy map the game crashes to desktop.
    What is you operating system
    --> Windows 7
    What language version of the game do you have?
    --> english Version
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred?
    between turn 28 and 29 (enemys turn)
    What faction do you play?
    Sylvania
    What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments)
    I am besieged by a crusade of Empire (in this siege battle involved are Talabeceland, Ostermark (Bronzino), Reikland, and Middelnad/Middenheim)
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    --> a huge crusade federation of the Empire besieges Drakenhof and after timelimit of the siege battle runs out and i want to go back to strategy map, the game crashes and returns to desktop.
    Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:

(Last lines... all lines would be too long i think...)
    -->5:47:31.456 [system.io] [trace] file open,,252689A0,395218
    15:47:31.456 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:47:36.063 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga,395218
    15:47:36.063 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:47:36.063 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga,395218
    15:47:36.063 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:50:08.446 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:50:08.446 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:50:08.447 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:50:08.447 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:50:08.447 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:50:08.448 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:50:08.448 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:50:08.448 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:54:54.916 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:54:54.917 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:54:54.917 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:54:54.917 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:54:54.918 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:54:54.918 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:54:54.918 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:54:54.919 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:55:15.974 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:55:15.975 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:55:15.975 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:55:15.975 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    15:55:15.975 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:55:15.976 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hungary/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:55:15.976 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:55:15.976 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/BlockSet/Textures/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    15:55:34.932 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/BattleCameras.xml,,not found
    15:55:34.933 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/BattleCameras.xml,377
    15:55:34.933 [system.io] [info] open: found data/BattleCameras.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    15:55:34.933 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/battlecameras.xml,,,-377
    15:55:34.933 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/cameras
    15:55:34.934 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/cameras/General_Die1.cam,,not found
    15:55:34.934 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/cameras/General_Die1.cam,11911
    15:55:34.934 [system.io] [info] open: found data/cameras/General_Die1.cam (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    15:55:34.937 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/cameras/general_die1.cam,,,-11911
    15:55:36.820 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:55:36.821 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:55:36.821 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:55:36.822 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:55:36.822 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/generic/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga
    15:55:36.822 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:55:36.823 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga.dds
    15:55:36.823 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga (from: D:\Medieval II Total War)
    after that the game crashes to desktop and the logfile is no more...

diadok's Avatar Senator

Version 1.4.4, i wonder if it is normal that in campaign_script (20. Revival Sylvania) to get armies of 23 units ?

unit Vampire count bodiguard exp 9 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Vampire black knights exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Karshtain mount exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Grave guard exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Wraith exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Vampire skeleton exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Vampire skeleton archer exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Blood dragons exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Blood dragons knights exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Screaming skull catapult exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Vampire skeleton spears exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Vampire skeleton archer exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Vampire skeleton archer exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Karshtain foot exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Grave guard exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Grave guard halberd exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Grave guard halberd exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
    The max possible is 20, so this can make some CTD, isn't it ?

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)