Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Bug (Reports) version 1.4.3 Main topic

Default Re: Bug (Reports) version 1.4.3 Main topic

?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I honestly don't know what causes the error. I can only suggest to uninstall the mod (delete the mod folder), then run this tutorial to avoid problems with the VirtualStore and then re-install Rage of dark Gods.

Alright

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!) CTD
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) Yes
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game e) During loading screen.
    • What is you operating system Windows 8
    • What language version of the game do you have? English
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 2523
    • What faction do you play? Orcs
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) Unknown, if any.
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): I just installed the mod today. I started a campaign as Orcs and am besieging Mount Gunbad (controled by Night Goblins). 3 turns into the siege I attack. The loading screen comes up and the game CTD's before any progress is shown in the loading bar.
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable
    • Provide link to your save game Screenshots and saved games are refusing to upload.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Name of your issue: Non ctd, when im in the single player menu it will not let me select storm of Chaos< gives the pop up, "please select item from the list"
    Is issue repeatable? yes
    What year are you in? N/A
    What faction do you play? Middenheim
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. ^
    Provide Screenshot if applicable
    It is strange because it will let me get into custom battles and play through everything fine, ive had a lot of frustration with this mod but thought i had finally got it working before i ran into this

16:19:41.741 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:19:41.741 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:19:41.744 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:19:41.745 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:19:41.746 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:19:41.747 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:19:41.747 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:19:41.748 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack

and this is my log for after this has happened

Blog Entries

Looks like an installation problem - it is not reading the descr_strat file properly or the imperial_campaign folder wasn't created properly. run the installation again, I recommend doing this tutorial from step 3 onward as well.

• Name of your issue CTD during a battle I play the campaign as Dwarfs, and the battle is against Chaos Dwarves
    • Is CTD repeatable? Yes, it happen always, and it happen exactly at the same moment
    • Did CTD occur during the Battle Map activities
    • What is you operating system Windows 7 ultimate
    • What language version of the game do you have? English, MTW2 Gold
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred?
    • What faction do you play? Dwarf
    • What faction is creating the CTD I'm playng against Chaos Dwarves but I am quite sure they are not the problem.
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. I start the battle, after one or more minute that i click "Start Battle", the game CTD
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable I don't know hot to make them.
    • Provide link to your save game

07:51:27.535 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <wait> at line 22068 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    07:51:27.536 [game.script.timer.display] [trace] Display timer start 0.50, line number 22068, display_update_total_time 3.91
    07:51:27.598 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/faction_symbols/poland.tga,11708
    07:51:27.598 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/faction_symbols/poland.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.599 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/custom_portraits/Ungrim/portrait_old.tga,19890
    07:51:27.599 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/custom_portraits/Ungrim/portrait_old.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.600 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Slayers.tga,12332
    07:51:27.600 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Slayers.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.600 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Longbeards_axemens.tga,12332
    07:51:27.601 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Longbeards_axemens.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.601 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarfs_mortar.tga,12332
    07:51:27.611 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarfs_mortar.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.612 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Thunderers.tga,12332
    07:51:27.612 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Thunderers.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.613 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarfs_Miners.tga,12332
    07:51:27.613 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarfs_Miners.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.614 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarfs_cannon.tga,12332
    07:51:27.614 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarfs_cannon.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.615 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarven_warriors.tga,12332
    07:51:27.615 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Dwarven_warriors.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:27.615 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Quarrellers.tga,12332
    07:51:27.652 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/units/poland/#Quarrellers.tga (from: E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold)
    07:51:28.101 [game.script.timer.display] [trace] Display timer finished 0.50, line number 22068
    07:51:28.102 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <simulate_mouse_click> at line 22069 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    07:51:28.102 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <simulate_mouse_click> at line 22070 in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    07:56:24.102 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!
    This is the part that I thimk is causing the problem, it call a timer, and when it finishes the game crashes.

This are the lines of the script called.

;;;;;;;Stakes
    set_counter label_ready 0
    set_counter stakes_on 0
    ;;;;;;;Reinforcements
    set_counter army4_ready 0
    set_counter reinf_late 0
    warhammer_system.log.rar
    Battle.rar
    campaign_script.rar

Blog Entries

The campaign_script file does not tally with the error message, the closest (and only simulate_mouse_click entry) is this starting at line 22019:
    Code:
        ;;;;;;;Anti-CTD ; script line 22019
        monitor_event BattleDeploymentPhaseCommenced FactionIsLocal
            wait 0.5 ; error log line 22068
            simulate_mouse_click lclick_down ; error log line 22069
            simulate_mouse_click lclick_up ; error log line 22070
        end_monitor
    But never mind that - the time stamp indicates that the crash happens minutes later. There were problems with dwarf projectiles in the later Rage of dark Gods version - can you start a battle without the cannon, mortar and whatever other unit uses missiles larger then an arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The campaign_script file does not tally with the error message, the closest (and only simulate_mouse_click entry) is this starting at line 22019:
    Code:
        ;;;;;;;Anti-CTD ; script line 22019
        monitor_event BattleDeploymentPhaseCommenced FactionIsLocal
            wait 0.5 ; error log line 22068
            simulate_mouse_click lclick_down ; error log line 22069
            simulate_mouse_click lclick_up ; error log line 22070
        end_monitor
    But never mind that - the time stamp indicates that the crash happens minutes later. There were problems with dwarf projectiles in the later Rage of dark Gods version - can you start a battle without the cannon, mortar and whatever other unit uses missiles larger then an arrow?
    Bug resolved:
    the problem wasn't in my artillery but in the Chaos Dwarves artillery, infact the game CTD as soon as their earth shake cannon started firing, I solved the problem downloading the imperial_campaign.txt script in your thread "Easy and painfree installation" (I had an older version)

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!) CTD when loading a save game
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) Yes, every time I load the save up it crashes to desktop just as the save is about to finish loading and take me to the campaign map.
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game
    • What is you operating system Windows 7 Home Premium
    • What language version of the game do you have? English
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? Summer 2529
    • What faction do you play? Hochland
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) Only one I could think of is the recent Chaos Undivided invasion.
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): Every time I load my Hochland campaign save file, the game start loading it, until the loading bar has gone to the very end, and then crashes to desktop. The save was still working about 8 hours ago, but now that I tried firing it up again, it wont budge. I started another campaign to check if there were problems with that, but they were working (Tested with Sylvania, if it matters).
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened:

Code:
    00:04:49.290 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:04:49.290 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    00:04:49.290 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:04:49.290 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:04:49.290 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:04:49.290 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:04:49.290 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:04:49.290 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:05:10.589 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs.
    00:05:31.019 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

• Provide link to your save game

http://speedy.sh/B3nq5/Empire.sav

Blog Entries

The log doesn't help as it is in default mode - there are 21 minutes between the last entry and the crash.

Are you sure it is exactly the same save that worked previously? Normally you would play and then save again. I can only think of the possibility that you changed something like adding a sub mod that made the save incompatible.

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

Ah, you're right. Here's the full log: http://speedy.sh/qpQYJ/M2TW.system.log.txt

And no, I havent added any kinds of submods since I started playing, I havent touched the files at all frankly.

Blog Entries

I am having a crappy connection at the moment which drops frequently - can you compress the file and upload it again? You will be surprised at the compressed size, my guess is about 600KB instead of 11MB.
    Use an application like 7zip (free) to compress.

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

Certainly. Here you go: http://speedy.sh/NtW8B/log.rar

Blog Entries

It's one of those dreaded siege scripts - every now and then, due to unknown reasons, they completely mess up things.

The new version (1.5 - Rage of dark Gods) has an improved script.

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

...Alright, but how do I fix it? I already have the latest version of the mod, so the "improved" script should already be in effect, yeah?

Or are you saying the save is not repairable, and, well, I got screwed over by a broken script?

Blog Entries

Well, you are posting in the bug thread of the old version, so I assumed that's the version you have, my bad - the directory path in the log should have told me.
    It's the siege of Middenheim by Reikland in the 79th round that is mentioned last in the log. I am not sure if it is the actual error cause or something that happens afterward.

You could try to run the the game with fog of war switched off, that might show you when exactly it is happening.
    Sometimes just moving you characters differently or building something might prevent the crash, but it's a faint hope.

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

Well, as it happens, that's the only save I have for the campaign, so I cant go back to an autosave or anything. I cant recall Reikland being anywhere near Middenland, there was a crusade against it earlier in the campaign, but alas. Thanks for the help, I'll make sure to not overwrite the autosaves in the future.

I keep crashing!

Upon winning a battle against sylvania, I ofcourse get choice to execute ransom release, I can choose one of them, and after I choose one it crashes. I reloaded many times samse thing.

18:57:39.649 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:57:39.650 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 2 2014 version development ===
    18:57:39.655 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:57:39.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:57:39.657 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:57:39.659 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:57:39.660 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:57:39.661 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:58:46.573 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs.
    19:00:33.841 [system.rpt] [error] Sigmar preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011